GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Jaredlib
stoptherun
dclark44
urbanslegend05
jhawk886
getonmylevelho
jusblaze09
splff3000
12 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 37 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by getonmylevelho Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:10 pm

DAMN!!! what a game..thats 2 overtime losses for FSU this year...kinda ties right in with our sweet 16 woes last night..can't put the opponent away after regulation..and pissing me off!

great game stop

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:12 pm

im excited about next season, i might not be a top team but i add some guys thats going to help alot, i get to play 3 inconference games, and im getting better vs the cpu and with my user catch. Look out GT and zep i got nun to lose so im going all in. But on another note im backing you splff beat them hating bamers lol

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:16 pm

getonmylevelho wrote:DAMN!!! what a game..thats 2 overtime losses for FSU this year...kinda ties right in with our sweet 16 woes last night..can't put the opponent away after regulation..and pissing me off!

great game stop
    yea this season (even though it my first) has been a crazy one. upsets, ot games, coaches retiring, coaches rejoining, you get the point. I believe next season going to be crazy seeing that the sec got 4 users and the acc got 3 and dip is good he going to upset somebody....... lol.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:41 pm

If you guys don't hear from me for a while it might be bc I went on a murderous rampage, bc if the Gators blow this game I'm gonna be super fucking pissed. 24 seconds and they put up that shit. Someone needs to tell coaches to call timeouts and set up a fucking play when you have the last shot.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Texas survives at home in double OT 38-35

Austin, TX -- It's not everyday you can play a game that ends up being the #1 instant classic, especially seven seasons in, but with FSU and the Cardaic Cows this kind of intensity is expected.

Kevin Mansfield connected on his 3rd FG of the game to finally put the 'Noles away but the most important kick of the game is perhaps the one that Mansfield never got to attempt.

FSU got the ball to start the game and Redshirt senior QB Jake Bailey led the 'Noles on a laborious 14 play TD drive capped by Bailey taking it in from 3 yards out on an option keeper. FSU ate up almost all of the quarter on that drive and would lead 7-0 after the first.

Texas responded with a drive that stalled after 10 plays but Mansfield drilled a 54 yard FG that cleared the bar with a few yards to spare.

The 'Noles went three and out and Texas tacked on another FG to make the score 7-6 with 2:31 left in the half.

That was just enough time for Bailey to engineer another TD drive. This one ended with a superman like effort from Bailey as he slipped out of a sack and fired a 39 yard TD strike to WR Adam Brown (replay available). FSU went up 14-6 just before the half and looked to be taking control of the game.

That play sent coach STR into a frenzy on the sideline as he tore in to the blitzer who missed the sack and the LB who blew the coverage.

After briefly losing his composure coach Stop calmly picked up his headset and resumed calling plays as the Longhorns found themselves 80 yards away from paydirt with only :33 seconds left in the half.

Claude Olson made some big time throws leading UT down to the FSU 20 in only 3 plays. At this point coach STR had a big decision to make as they were only 7 seconds left in the half and no timeouts remaining.

Texas rolled the dice on a throw into the endzone and Olson found WR Kurt Hollis near the right pylon (replay available) and after adding the 2pt conversion UT had come back to tie the game just before halftime 14-14.

The Longhorns capitalized on that momentum and in only 6 plays managed to take the lead for the first time 21-14 on a 9 yard pass from Olson to DJ Welker.

Bailey again rallied the Noles leading them all the way inside the Texas 5 yardline, but a huge holding call on 2nd and 1 pushed them back. After getting sacked, Bailey and the Noles settled for a 41 yard FG to cut the lead to four.

Texas managed to run only 4 plays before being forced to punt for the first time in the game. FSU responded by going 3 and out and on the first play after the punt, David Freeman took a handoff 68 yards to the house to put UT up 28-17.

Bailey again answered the bell covering 69 yards on 4 for 4 passing leading FSU all the way down to the UT 5 yardline, but a huge sack on 1st down pushed them back and the 'Noles were again forced to settle for 3.

Up by 8 and looking to burn some clock Texas embarked on an 8 play drive that stalled deep in FSU territory. Facing 4th and 1 with only 1:09 remaining, coach STR again rolled the dice hoping to convert and run the clock out instead of kicking the FG and possibly going up 2 scores with a minute remaining. David Freeman was stuffed on the lead play and FSU maintained their pulse with 1:05 remaining.

Bailey showed no quit leading an 8 play drive that ended with a punishing 5 yard TD run by Matt Abrams and after Bailey himself took in the 2pt conversion on an option keeper, the shocked crowd at DKR fell silent.

Now headed for OT FSU won the toss and elected to play D.

Rich Brooks took an option keeper to the house from 14 yards out (replay available) and Texas put the pressure back on FSU to respond with a TD of their own.

Bailey was once again up to the task as he led the Noles on yet another TD drive capped again by an Abrams TD run (replay available) to knot the game at 35.

After completing his first pass for a first down, UT turned up the heat on Bailey getting sacks on 1st (replay available) and 2nd down forcing FSU to attempt a 50 yard FG that fell short of the crossbar.

Only needing 3 for the win Texas ran it twice to square it up for Mansfield and he calmly drilled a 28 yarder to finally give Texas the win.

This was a hard fought game that had it's fair share of heroics. There were no turnovers and both teams played well enough to win, but in the end Texas did just enough to avenge last seasons brutal OT loss @ Doak Campbell.

Texas can now only hope for a clusterfuck to free up a space in the title game as there are several undefeated teams ranked ahead of the Longhorns.

Some key stats:

Texas

Olson 6/11 121yds 2 td
    Brooks 3/5 75yds 10 car 41 yds 1TD

Freeman 17 carries 132yds 1 TD 2rec 19 yds
    Ross 3rec 91 yds

FSU

Bailey 21/32 309yds 1TD 17car 43yds 1TD *completed passes to 8 recievers

Abrams 13car 58yds 2 TD
    Bentley 5rec 62 yds
    Brown 2rec 63yds TD

Last edited by stoptherun on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:25 pm

splff3000 wrote:Also, got to catch up on my write ups so here ya go:

Aub - 30, Ole Miss - 23

This game had one of the weirder glitches you'll find and had the cpu's most blatant attempt to cheat. In the 3rd qtr Auburn scored a TD, but missed the extra point. Auburn didn't get the 6pts either though. You can look on the dynasty wire and see for yourself. I was like WTf? I wasn't worried about it too hard because I was beating the shit out of Ole Miss so I wasn't worried about the 6 points. I guess the game felt bad for me cause Ole Miss fumbled on the kickoff return and I was able to return it to the 1 and punch it in a few seconds later. Anyway, I didn't think about the 6pts again until the 4th qtr when the cpu started making this crazy comeback.

I was winning 30-7 in the 4th when this shit started. That's right, I went from 30-7 to barely holding them off and winning 30-23. All of a sudden my guys couldn't cover shit. They had guys wide the fuck open against man coverage and I was like WTF? I go look at the replay and it's the ole "human cb stop running so the cpu WR can get pass him" trick. I was like WTf? That shit happened a few times on their first score of the qtr and you know they got the 2 pt conversion. They need that and of course they got the onside kick too.

This time, I'm not gonna let them fuck me over with man defense so I called more zone. Well, wouldn't you know it, they tore my zone apart. WHen I see that zone ain't working, I go back to man and of course they're still doing their trick so score again and of course they get the 2 pt conversion again. This one thogh had to be the greatest run for a 2pt conversion ever. I looked at the replay and counted 7 tackles broken by the RB. Now I'm getting pissed because now I know I'm getting jobbed.

They fucked up though. They didn't onside kick again. They kicked it regular and I got the ball and was able to run some time off the clock and make them use their timeouts. You know they weren't gonna let me score, but I was able to run about a min and some change off the clock. They got the ball back and I'm even more pissed because now all I'm thinking about is those 6 damn points that I didn't get.

Well they continued to move through my D like it's swiss cheese, but luckily I was able to hold them off until time expired. If they had more time or if they had kicked that onside kick, I know we would have at least went into overtime. I know they would have got another onside kick if they had tried it. On the first one, my guys were nowhere near close to getting it. Anyway, they went from scoring 7pts and hardly ever getting past midfield in over 3qtrs of play to scoring 16pts and moving the ball like the 07 Patriots against me. This, on top of shorting me 6 pts for my TD in the 3rd. You know I would have been majorly pissed had I lost this one lol.

2nd write up:

Aub - 45, OSU - 0

In a game of 2 country boy coaches and longtime friends, Auburn comes out on top. I'm gonna be honest ya'll, I ain't never beat Rauloe like that in any game we've ever played lol. We've always had competitive games in any game we've played. In Madden, even when he had the "Greatest Show on Turf" against my fucked up Raiders. In NCAA, even when I had Woodrow Dantzler(Mr. Do Everything) against his fucked up Ole Miss team. Even in NBA Street when he'd get all those monster mfers and I had regular players. You get the idea. We always had competitive games. I don't know what happened here, but I'll take it lol.

Auburn was an unstoppable force as they go into the horseshoe and show them how country boys in Bama get down. OSU isn't the same OSU that we all knew, but it's still OSU and they still have SOME talent. The stats of this game aren't real eye popping for Auburn because they won with methodical drives and very sound defense.

Auburn's defense was really the star of this game. Every time OSU got close to scoring, Auburn was able to get a turnover. Auburn held OSU to 2 yds rushing and only 184 yds passing. They also knocked out OSU's starting HB, TE, and QB for various parts of the game. Meanwhile, Auburn had a balanced attack on offense with 207yds rushing and 203yds passing. Brett Morris only threw 11 passes but he made them count, completing 8 of them and 3 for TD's.

I don't know what happened to my boy this game, but if history proves true, when he comes to the jungle next year, we're gonna be in for a dogfight. He's seen my gameplan and I'm sure he's gonna come to Bama with a new gameplan to try and counter what I did. Looks like he's already trying new shit lol. Since he's lost to me, he's rolling now and trying to get to a bowl game for the first time in a few years. Maybe you can thank me for that Rauloe lol. I'll take a win next year if you don't mind lol.

LMAO.. Yeah, i dont know what was best. them NBA Street Battles or Woodrow Danzler vs Eli Manning rivalry in NCAA 2002.. Yeah, you got my on that one with them injuries and to.. i really didnt have a chance, but i still tried to hang in there and at least put up some points. But i will take my first shutout and be easy wit it... Hey Urbs, i dont know what wuz up with FLA's execution down the stretch in regulation and OT. The same with FLA St in last nite's gmae against BCU.. they were both winnable games for FLA St and UF.. gotta luv this March Madness shyt though...
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:52 pm

You have no idea how many variations of fuck I used over the last minute of that game and overtime. Maclin was 11-14 from the field and we had the ball tied at the end of regulation. He's a shitty free throw shooter, but he only had to make one. Same thing in OT. Even if they foul with us down one, we're in the fucking double. He'll make 1-of-2. I just don't get why they were shooting up desperation 3's with all that time. Fucking blows my mind and makes me sick to my stomach.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:52 pm

You have no idea how many variations of fuck I used over the last minute of that game and overtime. Maclin was 11-14 from the field and we had the ball tied at the end of regulation. He's a shitty free throw shooter, but he only had to make one. Same thing in OT. Even if they foul with us down one, we're in the fucking double. He'll make 1-of-2. I just don't get why they were shooting up desperation 3's with all that time. Fucking blows my mind and makes me sick to my stomach.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:41 pm

anybody play Fight Night?
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:32 pm

How many games are left? I'm trying to figure out if I should go out and get really slaughtered to drown my sorrows of this loss or go run it off and then play my game after.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:33 pm

yungjswag89 wrote:anybody play Fight Night?

Ho's got it and I will probably purchase it eventually as well. It's pretty freaking great.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:04 pm

yea i played EA MMA which use the same punching system and got owned but a few years back i was hell in fight night. Ima rent it and if i like ima buy it because i dont want something i can't even play at all.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:06 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:How many games are left? I'm trying to figure out if I should go out and get really slaughtered to drown my sorrows of this loss or go run it off and then play my game after.
    clark and hawk got recruit unless they did it and didnt green up but other than that you the only one left
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:09 pm

Guess that answers my question. I'll knock it out sometime around midnight depending on how far I run

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:11 pm

ok im bout to watch ufc fight night
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm done recruiting.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:15 am

What in the hell happened with zep vs baylor they had some basketball scores 62-59
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:27 am

He was dowo n by two scores at one point but pulled off two ser picks to get back into it

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:32 am

Yea he might got one of those games where the cpu do everything it can to beat you make you have to make some really big plays. I get one of those alot
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:19 am

Gonna be closer to one if anyone's waiting on me. Just got through with my run now have to go eat and shower
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:26 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:Gonna be closer to one if anyone's waiting on me. Just got through with my run now have to go eat and shower

anybody know if hawk recruited?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:43 am

Hurry that shit up Urb lol.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:43 am

He did. Who wants playoffs next season?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:44 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:He did. Who wants playoffs next season?

**In Gary Coleman voice** What you talkin bout Urban?
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:48 am

Well just like we saved the file, we could save the file in the preseason then schedule the playoff games in week one, and so on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:28 am