GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Jaredlib
stoptherun
dclark44
urbanslegend05
jhawk886
getonmylevelho
jusblaze09
splff3000
12 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 17 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:59 am

Yung, I sure am glad you came on board dude. You give a lot of input for a new guy and that's a great thing.

Hawk, just chill out a minute bro. It's gonna be alright. Trust me, my recruiting classes werent as good the first two years. You gotta pick and choose your battles if you're not gonna be ranked top on a guys board. Maybe go after 1-2 studs, but start your focus a little lower. I know it sucks when you have a bad year recruiting, but you've still got a bad ass team.

Jared, we do have recruiting limits man. What do you mean recruiting limits.

Oh and Hawk, I need your recruits man. How many can you sign?
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:03 am

I cant say much about recruiting this year, cuz im at 3* so i gotta pull from the bottom of the barrell the best i can. Im in rebuilding mode as we speak in Columbus with all the Tressell hoopla and all. I did wanna go to the SEC, but i really dont wanna play as Bama cuz thats Clark's team. Even though it wud be nice to play Splff every year though, but thats not my style. came in as OSU and gonna try to stick it out. Gotta luv the recruiting wars between Stop and Hawk. Jared, why you wanna leave USC? You been playing good with them since you been in.. I gotta beat Penn St this year as they done beat me the last 2 seasons after i dominated the BIG TEN previously. But i guess thats just the way it rolls. Gotta play better. thats all. Been losin sum tuff games last 2 seasons, and that aint wut the fuck is up. OSU will be back.. Maybe...
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:04 am

Urb every time I brought up limits I meant restrictions on how many five star guys we can sign. Originally the idea wad a percentage of.available schollys or no less than 5 if the percentage is low

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 am

for real hawk i would trade my guys for your guys atleast you got 2 5* guys i dont got nun and by the looks of it you bout to get somemore. Im telling you its always going to be something flawed in NCAA so its either live with it or not
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 am

v ur right raulo. I just hate starting ever y year with 2 straight user games cuz of the pad 10 schedule

Either way this is.shaping up to be quite exciting

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:09 am

I with Rauloe, Jared you got USC the recruiting powerhouse of the west dont nobody recruit like they do.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:09 am

Yung that's kinda a good poin yung im not sure what hawks board looks like but if he's in the running for 5 or.more rive stars that's a good year. I know he had bat 12 5* class two years ago but that was just silly
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:11 am

Every season but this onebhas been good recruiting wise since I took usc. It just sucks that every big school has a cali pipeline. Its just an off year no biggie ill live

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:18 am

Im telling you if you want teams to stop getting all the recruits beat them i bet if bama got knocked down a star or 2 they wouldnt get all those guys. watch and see if you notice the top teams in recruiting are the top teams in the polls. winning will get you a ton of talent.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:19 am

Yeah I've noticed that. Oregon state is starting to haul in talent they've been a 10 win team 2 straight ears

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:24 am

And lets face it you can have all the 5* guys you want and still get you ass handed to you. Recruiting aint bout a rating its about on the field talent. I've seen 4* players that was way better than 5*.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:38 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:Yung, I sure am glad you came on board dude. You give a lot of input for a new guy and that's a great thing.

Hawk, just chill out a minute bro. It's gonna be alright. Trust me, my recruiting classes werent as good the first two years. You gotta pick and choose your battles if you're not gonna be ranked top on a guys board. Maybe go after 1-2 studs, but start your focus a little lower. I know it sucks when you have a bad year recruiting, but you've still got a bad ass team.

I can sign 22 recruits.

Your classes weren't good the first two years...Neither were mine. My first two years with the Irish I was pulling in mainly 3*s and maybe a 4* if I was lucky. I built them up to where I am now and only got here because I've gotten mainly 4*s and redshirted them all so they're studs by the time they're seniors. I had that one unbelievable year with a ton of 5*s but other than that I haven't had a great recruiting year.

And as far as picking and choosing my battles, I do. I didn't go after anyone this year who didn't have me in their top 3 to start out with. Most of my recruits are in my pipeline. And as far as starting my focus a little lower, I'm 6*s, have been for like 4 or 5 seasons now, made the title game the past two years, winning one, and am Notre Dame for crying out loud. I shouldn't ever have to set my focus lower on anything and even so I'm not going after guys who are long shots. I;m going after guys I have a damn good chance of getting or should definitely get and still can't get them.

I had 2 5* guys who had me #1 on their boards; both from my pipeline in Ohio. You had 8; one of whom was from Michigan. Texas had 6; one of whom was from Michigan. Neither you now stop have Michigan as a pipeline. Why do you get them #1 and not me? How many guys from Florida have ever had me starting at #1? 0; and I HAVE Florida as a pipeline. I went after both of those guys from Michigan and got one of them; barely mind you because you somehow stayed in it until the very end for Butler. I should have gotten both of them extremely easily with my pipeline bonus, but alas, you can't beat out the likes of UF or UT.

You got 7 week 1 instants this year. Stop only got one but he often gets a lot too. Bama got a lot last year too; And this year Bama is just ridiculous. How many is the most anyone else has gotten week 1? I know my best is 2.

All I'm saying is, that it's just not fun with recruiting the way it is currently. My team is good currently but when I'm going after 5*s now because I should be getting them and I somehow get cheated out of them, my team will drop off fast when I keep pulling in classes like last year with 6 total commits. It'll be tough to field a team with 24 players.

As I said, if this shit happens next year, I'm done. If recruiting is addressed by EA and has significantly improved for 12 I'll come back. But if it's not, I'm not going to be in Rivals next year. Recruiting against the likes UF, UT, and Bama when they get such advantages just isn't my idea of an enjoyable experience.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:40 am

yungjswag89 wrote:Im telling you if you want teams to stop getting all the recruits beat them i bet if bama got knocked down a star or 2 they wouldnt get all those guys. watch and see if you notice the top teams in recruiting are the top teams in the polls. winning will get you a ton of talent.
    24-2 the past 2 seasons with a National Championship and all of them nationally televised. And I've gotten fucked over each year...

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:44 am

i feel you on that i see where you coming from hey at the end of the day thats your team, your time, and your mind so do what you makes you happy

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 am

well fellas i got work in the morning and dont look like we advancing any time so ima call it a night if i wake up early enough ima try to do my recruiting ima play my game when i get off
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:13 am

Did we advance ?
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:15 am

Jaredlib wrote:Did we advance ?
    Stop never played so no.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:16 am

jhawk886 wrote:
    urbanslegend05 wrote:Yung, I sure am glad you came on board dude. You give a lot of input for a new guy and that's a great thing.

I can sign 22 recruits.

Your classes weren't good the first two years...Neither were mine. My first two years with the Irish I was pulling in mainly 3*s and maybe a 4* if I was lucky. I built them up to where I am now and only got here because I've gotten mainly 4*s and redshirted them all so they're studs by the time they're seniors. I had that one unbelievable year with a ton of 5*s but other than that I haven't had a great recruiting year.

And as far as picking and choosing my battles, I do. I didn't go after anyone this year who didn't have me in their top 3 to start out with. Most of my recruits are in my pipeline. And as far as starting my focus a little lower, I'm 6*s, have been for like 4 or 5 seasons now, made the title game the past two years, winning one, and am Notre Dame for crying out loud. I shouldn't ever have to set my focus lower on anything and even so I'm not going after guys who are long shots. I;m going after guys I have a damn good chance of getting or should definitely get and still can't get them.

I had 2 5* guys who had me #1 on their boards; both from my pipeline in Ohio. You had 8; one of whom was from Michigan. Texas had 6; one of whom was from Michigan. Neither you now stop have Michigan as a pipeline. Why do you get them #1 and not me? How many guys from Florida have ever had me starting at #1? 0; and I HAVE Florida as a pipeline. I went after both of those guys from Michigan and got one of them; barely mind you because you somehow stayed in it until the very end for Butler. I should have gotten both of them extremely easily with my pipeline bonus, but alas, you can't beat out the likes of UF or UT.

You got 7 week 1 instants this year. Stop only got one but he often gets a lot too. Bama got a lot last year too; And this year Bama is just ridiculous. How many is the most anyone else has gotten week 1? I know my best is 2.

All I'm saying is, that it's just not fun with recruiting the way it is currently. My team is good currently but when I'm going after 5*s now because I should be getting them and I somehow get cheated out of them, my team will drop off fast when I keep pulling in classes like last year with 6 total commits. It'll be tough to field a team with 24 players.

As I said, if this shit happens next year, I'm done. If recruiting is addressed by EA and has significantly improved for 12 I'll come back. But if it's not, I'm not going to be in Rivals next year. Recruiting against the likes UF, UT, and Bama when they get such advantages just isn't my idea of an enjoyable experience.

I feel ya 100% Hawk. I told ya Alabama cheats lol. Anyway, I know recruiting is seriously flawed, especially when you're recruiting against UF and UT. What you described is what I've been saying all along. The way recruits pick their choices for schools makes no sense. That's 90% of the problem right there. If Florida and texas aren't so high on so many recruits lists then they wouldn't have their choice of so many players. In real life, Florida and Texas HAVE to sign some 3* players, but because the recruits lists are so flawed, Florida and Texas can just recruit 5* and 4* players. That's what EA needs to fix. Fix that and everything else will follow.

I'm not gonna give you any suggestions on recruiting because I know you know how to recruit. I'd say me and you were prolly the 2 best recruiters in the OD so I'm not gonna question your recruiting skills. If you quit next season, so be it. We've had a good run. All I ask is that you don't give up on 12 before you give it a try. I'd really like the majority of the fellas to come back for 12. This is/was the best group of guys I've ever been in an OD with so I'd like that to contiune for 12.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:20 am

Thats weird it said stop was online
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:30 am

I've been thinking a lot about how EA should fix recruiting. Unfortunately, I don't know if it really is going to get fixed because outside of this forum I don't see many complaints. Maybe they are out there and I just have missed them. ALso, this might be a really dumb idea, but would lowering the recruiting difficulty help? Hear me out, it might sound crazy but it seems like if we lower the recruiting difficulty, the user vs user battles would seemingly be unchanged but in the cases of Dame vs Bama or USC vs Oregon State, the user team would have a better chance to overtake the CPU?

I dunno, I am just thinking out loud.

Bottom line is I agree with Jhawk 1,000%

It really doesn't piss so much because I just really like playing this game and this is the best OD I have ever found. The only thing that kinda annoyed me, and not even annoyed me that much, is when guys just can't admit its luck. Like no offense at all to Stop or Urban but in real life more than just Texas and Florida haul in big recruiting classes consistently. Yes, I know Texas is in, well, Texas, and yes I know Florida has won a bunch of NCs in this dynasty but still, in real life even when Miami had their run, they still eventually slowed down, every team has those "off years" where a lackluster recruiting class slows them down and they have to rebuild. As it stands now, with the way thigns are. I highly doubt we will see a new team in the NC for the rest of the way. Now I am not saying its ALL luck, but you gotta admit, the instas and starting first on 10 five stars list, I mean, it would be hard not to fuck that up.

Anyway. I really, really want Hawk to stay. Honestly I have no idea what it is you do when you set up your board for 2 hours but I know you put that time into it so I hope you figure out a compromise or whatever so its more enjoyable for you?

And the bottom line is, if a user had controlled Bama you prolly would have snaked those guys, I think the CPU is just a recruting bitch on heisman
    TheWeatherMan
    TheWeatherMan

Post by TheWeatherMan Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:32 am

Dudeeeesss....I gotta admit it freaks me out to hear all this quitting talk. I joined in late but I am having a blast and really hope ya'll stick it out until 2012 comes out.......
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:40 am

I guess I will be returning at the end of the season now. I was thinking about it last night, I don't want the loss and don't quite have the time right now, so I will come back after bowl week if that is fine with errbody
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:42 am

You're definitely gonna have some fine recruits waitin for ya
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:43 am

dclark44 wrote:I guess I will be returning at the end of the season now. I was thinking about it last night, I don't want the loss and don't quite have the time right now, so I will come back after bowl week if that is fine with errbody
    Yeah after you fucking let the CPU rape ass in recruiting for you. No way in hell you would've gotten both of those corners and all of those studs in general if you were recruiting; it just isn't possible.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:43 am

TheWeatherMan wrote:Dudeeeesss....I gotta admit it freaks me out to hear all this quitting talk. I joined in late but I am having a blast and really hope ya'll stick it out until 2012 comes out.......

Yeah, you're not the only one. It's freaking me out too lol. What can i say though. It's coming toward the end of the NCAA 2011 year. It's expected somewhat I guess. Normally I would have traded the game in by now so I'm in new territory myself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:16 pm