GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
splff3000
jhawk886
jusblaze09
Joker12
urbanslegend05
Rauloe
dclark44
Jaredlib
12 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

jhawk886
    jhawk886

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 38 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by jhawk886 Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:36 pm

All of my recruits thus far have been pretty highly ranked so I'm not sure I'll have much of a sleeper. But my #1 recruit is most obviously the #1 recruit in the country, WR Michael Flowers. Flowers has size at 6'4, speed running a 4.42 and already has decent receiving skills as they are all rated in the C's. He will redshirt his freshman season and see the field probably sparingly as a redshirt sophomore. (As he will be behind the nations #1 and #3 WR's from each of the past two classes. The Irish seem to be cleaning up at the wide receiver position. However, it helps that each of the last 3 seasons, the #1 WR in the nation has been from Ohio, a state in Notre Dame's pipeline.)

My sleeper/instant impact recruit has got to be the nation's #1 tight end, Courtney Stuckey. Stuckey has great size for a tight end at 6'6 but only has mediocre speed running a 4.64. Stuckey does have good receiving skills though as his catching and catch in traffic are both B-'s, but his route running and release attributes are both C-'s. Stuckey should be a force in Notre Dame's rushing attack as he has good blocking skills, especially in the run game. Stuckey will see the field as the 2nd tight end next year as head coach Jhawk plans to redshirt former juco transfer Willie Lundy next year in his senior season. Lundy is going after his graduate degree and so will be around for two more years and asked coach Hawk if he could redshirt next year so that he's got a chance to improve enough to play at the next level once he finishes his degree. Stuckey will then redshirt his true sophomore season as Lundy and Travis Marshall will start.

The Irish, while not having one of their best years on the recruiting trails, have still done decent, pulling in the nation's top recruits in more than a couple positions. They have received commitments from the #1 WR, #2 WR, #1 TE, #1 T, #4 T, #1 CB, #1 SS, and #1 K. The Irish hope to finish the season strong and find one or two more strong recruits in the offseason who they can gain letters of intent from. The future looks bright in South Bend.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:07 pm

No updates from the Iron Bowl is killing me right now
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:16 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:No updates from the Iron Bowl is killing me right now

I lost 20-17. 2 fumbles on pitches killed me. 1 was like a hand off to Bama lol. I'm a lil rusty on the option stuff but I'm getting there. I know some say there are no such things as moral victories but fuck it, I had a moral victory today lol. I thought i was gonna get smashed lol. Oh well, it works out for the best in the end. There is no dilemma for what to do for the SEC championship game since I lost. I'm actually kinda rooting for Clark in it. I guess for the same reasons I'm rooting for Green Bay on Sunday. No one likes a winner lol.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Ok then, who is advancing this thing.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:18 pm

It looks like jhawk is on but he's not responding to any of my messages. Is someone gonna advance it or should I do it?
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:20 pm

I say advance it if no one has signed on yet. Urban should have recruited at least.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:26 pm

U guys think I should advance?
    All the games are done but it shows clark and urbs and a few others that have to recruit.

EDIT: Advancin
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:30 pm

The Crimson Tide are Iron Bowl Champions, again
    Alabama Crimson Tide go into Auburn and beat the Tigers in a thriller.

The defense for the Tide was the difference. They held the Tigers to 395 offensive yards while forcing 2 turnovers and stopping them on all 3 fourth down attempts.

The game started with teams exchanging punts throughout the first quarter. The scoring started in the second with Bama forcing two huge turnovers and taking the ball down the field to open a 10-0 lead going into the break. "Our defense was amazing today, they played their hearts out," Clark told me after the game. "We have very young guys out in our secondary, and they didn't give up big plays, kept the running game in check and forced a few turnovers."

The Tiger got the ball to start the second half. They didn't waste too much time going down the field. It looked as the game was going to be a field goal difference, but the Tide defense stepped it up again on 3rd down, and forced the Tigers to only a field goal.

"I was nervous at that point, our offense had not been playing well today, I was playing terrible, worst day of my career I might add." Alabama quarter back Dominic Lee told me after the game. Lee was not on today, after hearing the news about his girl friend cheating on him with punter Ike White he wasn't impressed. But he managed to play a mediocre game which was enough for the victory.

On the ensuing drive, Ward took a handoff 74 yards to the house to regain their two score lead, 17-3. The Tigers were far from down. Scoring 14 points in the 4th quarter while Bama only scored 3. "That field goal by Ike was clutch, he has been really good for us this year." Clark informed me.

Auburn could have easily won that today, my offense was just terrible. The worst in a while. Running game was good but the passing game was just not there.

Some stats to the game.
    D. Lee 3/10 76 yards
    R. Ward 22 carries 151 yards 2 tds
    D. Gibson 12 tackles 2 for loss

Tigers
    S. Jennings 26/37 323 yards 2 tds
    J. Harris 17 carries 51 yards
    P. Davis 7 catches 54 yards

Good game splff, look forward to our annual battle next year
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Good game guys. Red.and I are both on im rdy for a battle
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Advanced!!

jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 20-17 against Auburn (8-2).
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Tallahassee to face the #12 Florida State Seminoles (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Zach Black has committed to Alabama

=============== #1 Florida Gators (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 31-24 against Texas (9-2).
    This week, the Gators are idle.

=============== #12 Florida State Seminoles (8-2) ===============
    Last week the Seminoles were idle.
    This week, the Seminoles will host #4 Alabama (9-1).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (4-7) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 34-28 against Wisconsin (5-4).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #17 Ohio State (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Shannon Kelly has committed to Michigan
    - (***) WR Chuck Hood has committed to Michigan

=============== #17 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 27-0 against Illinois (3-7).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Sean Cox has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) LOLB Luke Owen has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) CB Lee Weber has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) LE Brian McDaniel has committed to Ohio State

=============== #3 Oklahoma Sooners (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 41-35 against Texas Tech (5-5).
    This week, the Sooners are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Mac Malloy has committed to Oklahoma
    - (***) CB Lee Weber has committed to Ohio State

=============== #7 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 45-11 against Virginia (4-5).
    This week, the Hokies will host North Carolina (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Corey Parham has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #10 Auburn Tigers (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Auburn lost 20-17 against Alabama (9-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Denton to face the North Texas Mean Green (5-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Kenneth Crosby has committed to Auburn
    - (***) CB Dusty Mills has committed to Auburn
    - (***) HB Gordon Bray has committed to Miami
    - (***) RG Phil Browning has committed to Arkansas
    - (***) WR John Dennis has committed to Georgia
    - (***) CB Antoine Young has committed to Miami

=============== #8 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-2) ===============
    Last week the Fighting Irish were idle.
    This week, the Fighting Irish will host #16 Navy (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Trent Simmons has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #9 Texas Longhorns (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Texas lost 31-24 against Florida (11-0).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (3-6).

=============== Oregon Ducks (4-6) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks travel to Los Angeles to face the #2 USC Trojans (10-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Jim Wilson has committed to SMU
    - (****) WR Zach Black has committed to Alabama

=============== #2 USC Trojans (10-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 31-14 against Arizona (2-7).
    This week, the Trojans will host Oregon (4-6).
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Ho, I am good for tonight around 11. you good?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:46 pm

dclark44 wrote:The Crimson Tide are Iron Bowl Champions, again
    Alabama Crimson Tide go into Auburn and beat the Tigers in a thriller.

The defense for the Tide was the difference. They held the Tigers to 395 offensive yards while forcing 2 turnovers and stopping them on all 3 fourth down attempts.

The game started with teams exchanging punts throughout the first quarter. The scoring started in the second with Bama forcing two huge turnovers and taking the ball down the field to open a 10-0 lead going into the break. "Our defense was amazing today, they played their hearts out," Clark told me after the game. "We have very young guys out in our secondary, and they didn't give up big plays, kept the running game in check and forced a few turnovers."

The Tiger got the ball to start the second half. They didn't waste too much time going down the field. It looked as the game was going to be a field goal difference, but the Tide defense stepped it up again on 3rd down, and forced the Tigers to only a field goal.

"I was nervous at that point, our offense had not been playing well today, I was playing terrible, worst day of my career I might add." Alabama quarter back Dominic Lee told me after the game. Lee was not on today, after hearing the news about his girl friend cheating on him with punter Ike White he wasn't impressed. But he managed to play a mediocre game which was enough for the victory.

On the ensuing drive, Ward took a handoff 74 yards to the house to regain their two score lead, 17-3. The Tigers were far from down. Scoring 14 points in the 4th quarter while Bama only scored 3. "That field goal by Ike was clutch, he has been really good for us this year." Clark informed me.

Auburn could have easily won that today, my offense was just terrible. The worst in a while. Running game was good but the passing game was just not there.

Some stats to the game.
    D. Lee 3/10 76 yards
    R. Ward 22 carries 151 yards 2 tds
    D. Gibson 12 tackles 2 for loss

Tigers
    S. Jennings 26/37 323 yards 2 tds
    J. Harris 17 carries 51 yards
    P. Davis 7 catches 54 yards

Good game splff, look forward to our annual battle next year

Well what do you expect? You only threw the ball 10 times!!!!!! I thought we were going for realism here!!! lol j/k I like that shit about the the QB's girlfriend cheating on him. Yeah that run was crucial and it was caused by me lol. I was switching to the guy next to you and they switched me to the guy in front of you and well you know what happened next. I was sure I was done then. Luckily Auburn's playbook got some pretty nice plays and Auburn has a few pretty nice players and we were able to come back and make it a game again. Damn I wish I had called something different on that 3rd down on my last drive. Another first down and I could have opened up the offense a lil more to get into game tying fg range. Oh well, there's always next year.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Just waitig for red to green light it. I don't blame him red dead is a great game.
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Hov, lemme know when is a good time to get that OSU vs MICH game on. I rather enjoy this rivarly rite here..

Hawk, can you shoot me another invite to CFF OD? Accidently kicked myself out trying to do Enterprise Operating System installations and Recruiting simultaneously in the same screen ....

dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Splff definately could have won that game. Defense just made plays when they had to
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Considering I only have 7 players signed I'm almost listing half my board here lol. My best recruit is definitely my 5* QB Lorenzo Martindale. At 6'7, 246, he's definitely got Roethlisberger potential as someone who is impossible to bring down. If Young returns for his senior season, he'll redshirt and take the job the following year as a redshirt freshman. If Young goes pro, he'll start right from the get go.

My next best recruit is the #1 C Samson Lowe, a 5* recruit out of California. Although I'm pretty set at the center position he may be able to play another position on the line. We'll have to see once the offseason comes.

For my sleeper I'll have to go with a guy I haven't signed yet but who has soft committed to me - SS Carlton Charles. Charles is a 4* JUCO (SO) and may be able to make an immediate impact at either the safety or outside linebacker position. Because Oklahoma plays a 335, there is always room for extra safeties on the field, and Charles may get solid playing time right from the beginning.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:14 pm

My board is filled with some good talent. Hopefully they come through soon for me. My best recruit is the number 1 hb recruit. He will fit in nicely to my one back based team very nicely. He will get redshirted first year but should start second year for me.

Second best recruit would be Omar Brown, a 4 star MLB recruit. I don't have a deep MLB position so he could start as early as first year. If not, he'll be red shirted as well and could be very good.

As for my sleeper, 3 star Strong Safety recruit, J. J. Hughes. He has lightning fast speed and may even move to corner depending on his entering coverage skills. He could start first year with my hack secondary but that is for time to determine
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:22 pm

My biggest signing is prolly DE Kelvin Monroe. If he's beast enough he may start from day one even though i've got good depth at that position.

After that there are a bunch of studs but my two sleepers are my juco signings CB Darron Gaither and FS Jamar Washington. Those were two positions where I needed some immediate impact and they both are ready to contribute right away. Washington is an absolute monster and the early favorite to take over the starting FS spot after 4 year starter Trey Mitchell graduates.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Let me get something straight about recruiting real quick. I currently have 69 players on my roster. Even though I have 13 Seniors leaving, I can recruit 17 players instead of 16 to bring me to 73 on my roster next year. Is that correct? I just wanna make sure so I don't fuck up nothing.

I'm not gonna comment on who my best signings are and stuff since I only actually recruited like 3 people on my board lol.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:45 pm

splff3000 wrote:Let me get something straight about recruiting real quick. I currently have 69 players on my roster. Even though I have 13 Seniors leaving, I can recruit 17 players instead of 16 to bring me to 73 on my roster next year. Is that correct? I just wanna make sure so I don't fuck up nothing.

I'm not gonna comment on who my best signings are and stuff since I only actually recruited like 3 people on my board lol.

Yes, that is correct.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:47 pm

21-0 usc after 1
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Jaredlib wrote:21-0 usc after 1
    Ah boo
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Well there goes my slim chances at reaching the title game.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:18 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:Well there goes my slim chances at reaching the title game.

Don't worry. You had none. I'm not losing. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:41 pm