GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
pops21kid
dclark44
Rauloe
Jaredlib
stoptherun
jhawk886
Joker12
elzwllms
urbanslegend05
13 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 24 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:46 am

I amend my previous statement. Seems Oklahoma has taken the fight from the Irish.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:47 am

Oklahoma takes down Notre Dame 24-14 in a very well played matchup. 3 turnovers by the Irish and the fact that Oklahoma was able to completely shut down the Irish option attack was the difference. Will post a full recap tomorrow.

Great game jhawk, maybe you'll make the NC game still.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:47 am

Welcome to Week 14!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #6 Alabama Crimson Tide (9-2) ===============
    Last week the Crimson Tide were idle.
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Madison to face the #19 Wisconsin Badgers (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Ben Mills has committed to Alabama
    - (****) WR Charles McIntosh has committed to Alabama

=============== #3 Florida Gators (10-1) ===============
    Last week the Gators were idle.
    This week, the Gators travel to Tallahassee to face the Florida State Seminoles (7-4).

=============== Florida State Seminoles (7-4) ===============
    Last week the Seminoles were idle.
    This week, the Seminoles will host #3 Florida (10-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LG Donny Jones has committed to Florida State

=============== LSU Tigers (7-5) ===============
    Last week, LSU lost 39-37 against Arkansas (7-4).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== Michigan Wolverines (6-6) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 21-0 against Ohio State (10-2).
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Antwan Sands has committed to Central Michigan
    - (***) CB Bobby Sullivan has committed to Iowa State
    - (***) HB Josh Love has committed to Tennessee

=============== #5 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-2) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 21-0 against Michigan (6-6).
    This week, the Buckeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Jared Miller has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) RE Sean Roberson has committed to Toledo
    - (***) CB Stephen Morris has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) TE John Patterson has committed to West Virginia

=============== #2 Oklahoma Sooners (11-0) ===============
    Last week the Sooners were idle.
    This week, the Sooners travel to South Bend to face the #1 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Cody Henley has committed to Oklahoma
    - (***) SS Ron Merrill has committed to Washington State
    - (***) LE Chris Madison has committed to SMU
    - (***) WR Marcus McCarty has committed to Oklahoma

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (8-4) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 33-30 against North Carolina (6-4).
    This week, the Hokies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Seth Hunter has committed to Missouri

=============== #1 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 42-24 against USC (9-2).
    This week, the Fighting Irish will host #2 Oklahoma (11-0).

=============== #10 Texas Longhorns (9-3) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 63-31 against Texas A&M (5-6).
    This week, the Longhorns are idle.

=============== #12 USC Trojans (9-2) ===============
    Last week, USC lost 42-24 against Notre Dame (10-0).
    This week, the Trojans will host #22 UCLA (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RG Richard Brock has committed to USC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:55 am

USC floundered a once promising season with two straight losses, losing the Pac-10 title and a bcs bowl bid by missing a 38 yard field goal with a minute left against rival UCLA. Just looking forward to moving on
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Urban, we are only waiting on you and ho this week. Any ideas when you guys are gonna play?
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Oklahoma goes into Indiana and takes down the #1 ranked Irish 24-14. The Sooners started the game with the ball and put together a nice 4 minute drive, but it stalled at midfield and they were forced to punt. The Irish then went down the field easily, converting 2 third downs before Marcus Williams took it in from 2 yards out. Oklahoma responded quickly as Blake Bell hit Travis Webb from 16 yards out to tie the game with 3:51 remaining in the first half. Kellen Merrill then threw an interception to Quentin Hayes giving Oklahoma the ball inside the Irish 45 yard line. Oklahoma did nothing with the opportunity, however, and were forced to punt, pinning the Irish inside their 10 with under 2 minutes remaining. Instead of running out the clock and going into halftime tied, Coach Jhawk and his offense tried to get into field goal range. It cost him as Merrill threw his second pick in as many drives, again giving the Sooners the ball inside the Irish 40 yard line, this time with about 30 seconds remaining in the half. Oklahoma again squandered the opportunity as they managed the clock poorly and couldn't even get a field goal attempt off despite being in range. Though it was tied 7-7 at half, Notre Dame was very fortunate to not be trailing.

The second half didn't start any better for the Irish, as on their opening drive an option play was snuffed out by Maurice Barber who intercepted the pitch by Andrew Hendrix. This gave Oklahoma the ball inside the Irish 10 and they refused to waste this chance, as Bell hit Trey Millard in the end zone two plays later to take a 14-7 lead. Oklahoma's defense rose to the task again and forced Notre Dame to punt, giving them the ball with about 5 minutes remaining in the third quarter. Bell and the offense put together a perfect drive that ate up the rest of the quarter and resulted in a 9 yard touchdown pass to Kenny Stills, giving them a 21-7 lead going into the fourth.

Though they were down 14, the Irish were ranked #1 for a reason. Led by Merrill, Notre Dame put together a remarkable 21 play drive that resulted in an 8 yard touchdown pass to Tai Ler Jones. The only problem was the drive lasted the entire quarter, and there was only 1:29 remaining. The Notre Dame onside kick attempt failed and was recovered by Millard, but the Irish did still have 3 timeouts, and used them to force a 4th and 1. Joker played it safe and elected to kick the field goal, giving the Sooners a 10 point lead with 1:08 to go. Merrill's struggles against the Sooner defense continued and his 4th down pass was completed but the receiver was tackled before the first down line, ending the game.

Player of the game had to be Blake Bell, who was filling in for the Sooners injured starting QB Quinton Young. Bell completed 14 of his 17 attempts and also threw 3 touchdown passes. The difference, however, was the Sooner ability to shut down the Notre Dame option attack, an attack that has destroyed opponents this year. They held Hendrix to only 20 rushing yards and Williams, a potential Heisman winner, to only 69 yards. "We had a gameplan in place to try and contain their option attack and it worked well the guys executed perfectly" Joker said.

Oklahoma will now play the Big 12 Championship, and if they can win that, has a chance to repeat for the National Championship.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:15 pm

dclark44 wrote:Urban, we are only waiting on you and ho this week. Any ideas when you guys are gonna play?

Yeah, I have to hold at work for the FSU/Duke game tonight, but I should be home around midnight or a little after. We're going to try to get it in then if we can connect that late at night (it seems to work better for us during the day). If we're not able to connect then, we're going to turn to plan B (which hasn't been devised yet). That'll probably be tomorrow morning, so either way, we're not looking at a long advance time frame.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Joker12 wrote:Oklahoma goes into Indiana and takes down the #1 ranked Irish 24-14. The Sooners started the game with the ball and put together a nice 4 minute drive, but it stalled at midfield and they were forced to punt. The Irish then went down the field easily, converting 2 third downs before Marcus Williams took it in from 2 yards out. Oklahoma responded quickly as Blake Bell hit Travis Webb from 16 yards out to tie the game with 3:51 remaining in the first half. Kellen Merrill then threw an interception to Quentin Hayes giving Oklahoma the ball inside the Irish 45 yard line. Oklahoma did nothing with the opportunity, however, and were forced to punt, pinning the Irish inside their 10 with under 2 minutes remaining. Instead of running out the clock and going into halftime tied, Coach Jhawk and his offense tried to get into field goal range. It cost him as Merrill threw his second pick in as many drives, again giving the Sooners the ball inside the Irish 40 yard line, this time with about 30 seconds remaining in the half. Oklahoma again squandered the opportunity as they managed the clock poorly and couldn't even get a field goal attempt off despite being in range. Though it was tied 7-7 at half, Notre Dame was very fortunate to not be trailing.

The second half didn't start any better for the Irish, as on their opening drive an option play was snuffed out by Maurice Barber who intercepted the pitch by Andrew Hendrix. This gave Oklahoma the ball inside the Irish 10 and they refused to waste this chance, as Bell hit Trey Millard in the end zone two plays later to take a 14-7 lead. Oklahoma's defense rose to the task again and forced Notre Dame to punt, giving them the ball with about 5 minutes remaining in the third quarter. Bell and the offense put together a perfect drive that ate up the rest of the quarter and resulted in a 9 yard touchdown pass to Kenny Stills, giving them a 21-7 lead going into the fourth.

Though they were down 14, the Irish were ranked #1 for a reason. Led by Merrill, Notre Dame put together a remarkable 21 play drive that resulted in an 8 yard touchdown pass to Tai Ler Jones. The only problem was the drive lasted the entire quarter, and there was only 1:29 remaining. The Notre Dame onside kick attempt failed and was recovered by Millard, but the Irish did still have 3 timeouts, and used them to force a 4th and 1. Joker played it safe and elected to kick the field goal, giving the Sooners a 10 point lead with 1:08 to go. Merrill's struggles against the Sooner defense continued and his 4th down pass was completed but the receiver was tackled before the first down line, ending the game.

Player of the game had to be Blake Bell, who was filling in for the Sooners injured starting QB Quinton Young. Bell completed 14 of his 17 attempts and also threw 3 touchdown passes. The difference, however, was the Sooner ability to shut down the Notre Dame option attack, an attack that has destroyed opponents this year. They held Hendrix to only 20 rushing yards and Williams, a potential Heisman winner, to only 69 yards. "We had a gameplan in place to try and contain their option attack and it worked well the guys executed perfectly" Joker said.

Oklahoma will now play the Big 12 Championship, and if they can win that, has a chance to repeat for the National Championship.

Good game man, and also an enjoyable read. I'm sure the game was even more fun to play. I was under the assumption that you had won pretty easily when I saw the score, but it sounds like it was a game up until about a minute remaining. Hawk still has his chances for a national title shot with the schedule he's played. If I get beat by Clark, he's almost a shoe-in, because I don't know who else would be more worthy. If I beat Clark, however, the opportunity is mine with a 12-game winning streak I would assume.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:12 pm

I don't think you can beat jhawk easily he's too good.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Joker12 wrote:I don't think you can beat jhawk easily he's too good.

Yeah, and if you think you're gonna beat him easily, that's your first mistake. Happened to me once in workers. I was up 21-0 or 24-0 and he came back to beat me with a couple of big option plays. Bastard.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:25 pm

I don't think I've ever played the option as well as I did that game, I think that was the major difference. I honestly don't know if jhawk had an option play go for more than 10 yards, maybe one but I don't remember. That Irish option attack is lethal and I knew it would kill me so I just tried to stop it at all costs and it worked.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Urban, any possible way after I beat you that I would move up to #2? Maybe another Canadian National Championship...
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Since its the end of the year again. Coach of the year title should maybe start getting tossed around. Any ideas?
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:52 pm

dclark44 wrote:Urban, any possible way after I beat you that I would move up to #2? Maybe another Canadian National Championship...

Don't you have two losses? If you only have one, that would seem logical, but I thought you had two for some reason. If that's the case, I would assume that Jhawk would get the nod, but anything could happen, especially considering you'll be SEC champion.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:15 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:
    dclark44 wrote:Urban, any possible way after I beat you that I would move up to #2? Maybe another Canadian National Championship...

Don't you have two losses? If you only have one, that would seem logical, but I thought you had two for some reason. If that's the case, I would assume that Jhawk would get the nod, but anything could happen, especially considering you'll be SEC champion.
    We could both miss it, as 1-loss West Virginia could get the nod. (When they haven't beat ANYBODY all season)
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Rauloe, what's up with your new guy. It's almost bowl season, so that'd be about as perfect as timing gets.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:48 pm

I think he joined as Auburn didn't he?
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 pm

dclark44 wrote:I think he joined as Auburn didn't he?

I haven't logged on in the last day or so, so he might have already.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:14 am

Better not play Florida State tonight, looks like they might have some luck on their side.
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:12 pm

The new guy's PSN ID is LEPAYNE16 and yes he got Auburn.. he shud be in the boards pretty soon for sho.. I told em that LSU, UF, and BAMA pretty good, and he said that he wanna play in the SEC so i guess the SEC is gonna get more interesting...

From the looks of the BCS Standings as well and the Recruiting rankings, looks like a good season this was.. Coach of the year the Oklahoma, if the win the BIG 12 title.. Heisman im thinking gonna have to go to Bolden from UF. Nice stats over there Urbs.. Defense to the MLB from Texas.. The BCS games shud be very intresting this time around.. SEC Champ game is gonna be critical its lookin like. Me, personally, im hoping for a OU lost in the BIG 12 Champ game.. That maybe will put me in a nice spot.. VA Tech wins the ACC and what about WVU in the mix ? WTF ? Were they come from ? HAWk still got ND in it also, so thats koole.. Coaches poll showing me sum luv for the losses that i took this year, including that loss at BAMA by 3 points.. If Jared doesnt take that loss to UCLA, then we really be looking at a heel of a bowl season my boi.... LEGGOOO!!!

WORD....
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Hey guys. I talked to jhawk a few minutes ago. He is playing his game now and that's the only week 15 game. So get your recruiting in as one of us will be advancing this thing soon.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Advancing now.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Clark, how late can you play tonight? I've got to work (as always) but I should be home by 1030-ish. If not, let me know when would be good for you.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Welcome to Conf Champ Week!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (10-2) ===============
    Last week the Crimson Tide were idle.
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Atlanta to face the #2 Florida Gators (11-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Kyle Long has committed to Miami

=============== #11 Auburn Tigers (10-2) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.

=============== #2 Florida Gators (11-1) ===============
    Last week the Gators were idle.
    This week, the Gators will host #5 Alabama (10-2).

=============== Florida State Seminoles (7-5) ===============
    Last week the Seminoles were idle.
    This week, the Seminoles are idle.

=============== LSU Tigers (7-5) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.

=============== Michigan Wolverines (6-6) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.

=============== #4 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-2) ===============
    Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
    This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

=============== #1 Oklahoma Sooners (12-0) ===============
    Last week the Sooners were idle.
    This week, the Sooners will host #20 Missouri (9-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Troy McMillan has committed to Oklahoma
    - (***) RE Steve Johnson has committed to Oklahoma

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (8-4) ===============
    Last week the Hokies were idle.
    This week, the Hokies will host #12 Clemson (9-3).

=============== #6 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (11-1) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 28-7 against Pittsburgh (6-5).
    This week, the Fighting Irish are idle.

=============== #10 Texas Longhorns (9-3) ===============
    Last week the Longhorns were idle.
    This week, the Longhorns are idle.

=============== #19 USC Trojans (9-3) ===============
    Last week the Trojans were idle.
    This week, the Trojans are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Shannon Mullins has committed to USC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:03 pm

I can go tonight at 1030 or so. Let me know if that is going to be later

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:51 pm