GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Joker12
dclark44
stoptherun
KidIcarus27
splff3000
ehicks009
NY_Eer
Breon6286
urbanslegend05
jhawk886
pops21kid
15 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

dclark44
    dclark44

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 9 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by dclark44 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:19 pm

I am serious
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:19 pm

pops21kid wrote:
    I don't know What happen but I played that game last night after recruiting. I just hope it don't happen again.

Yeah it sounds like it sucks big time.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Guess Bama's getting scared now that most of his guys are graduating.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:20 pm

dclark44 wrote:I am serious

check your PM's
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:21 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    dclark44 wrote:Splff, could I have the tips too? I wanna be like urban lol

Don't take this the wrong way, but your team is waaay too good. I'm kinda wishing I didn't give them to Urban now, but he asked me about them and I was just thinking about Nebraska in Workers. I wasn't thinking about over here. You had a top 10 class last year. You and Ohio State. It seems you're already doing alright. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! For the love of god, don't take this as me having something against you.
    Honestly, man, I was worried about you saying somethin like this. I totally get where you're coming from, cuz his team is stacked, and yeah he doesn't necessarily need to be any better recruiting or anything, but you can't pick and choose who you pass them out to. I'm not saying you have anything against him, but you really need to give them to anybody who asks. You started it by posting that anyone who wants help with recruiting to ask you and you would give them your tips. If you only wanted to give them to the weaker teams or people struggling with recruiting, then you should've PMed people about it or something. Now that the offer had been made you really need to provide them to everyone who wants them. You probably should just post them somewhere or something so that everyone can see them and be on an equal playing field as far as recruiting is concerned. It's not fair to provide a leg up for some people (who don't need it themselves, Urban with Florida and a (was) 5* Nebraska team? even if you were thinking of him there he didn't need the help based on his team), and not provide the same thing to others. We all need the tips now to avoid you providing an advantage to anyone over someone else. I know this may not have been what you initially intended, but it's came to the point where you need to give them out to everyone to make it fair.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:24 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:
    dclark44 wrote:Splff, could I have the tips too? I wanna be like urban lol

Don't take this the wrong way, but your team is waaay too good. I'm kinda wishing I didn't give them to Urban now, but he asked me about them and I was just thinking about Nebraska in Workers. I wasn't thinking about over here. You had a top 10 class last year. You and Ohio State. It seems you're already doing alright. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! For the love of god, don't take this as me having something against you.

Actually, you know what? You're way on the other side of the country from me, so if you want them I'll give them to you. Where you joking or were you serious?

EDIT: It seems only fair since I gave them to Urban already. Maybe they can have some really big SEC clashes.
    And with this...You can't have just decided you would give them to him based on him probably not stealing many recruits from you? Come on splff, in the spirit of fairness, you need to provide your "tips" to everyone, regardless of need, strength of team, or proximity to you; that's the only way it will be fair.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:27 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    Honestly, man, I was worried about you saying somethin like this. I totally get where you're coming from, cuz his team is stacked, and yeah he doesn't necessarily need to be any better recruiting or anything, but you can't pick and choose who you pass them out to. I'm not saying you have anything against him, but you really need to give them to anybody who asks. You started it by posting that anyone who wants help with recruiting to ask you and you would give them your tips. If you only wanted to give them to the weaker teams or people struggling with recruiting, then you should've PMed people about it or something. Now that the offer had been made you really need to provide them to everyone who wants them. You probably should just post them somewhere or something so that everyone can see them and be on an equal playing field as far as recruiting is concerned. It's not fair to provide a leg up for some people (who don't need it themselves, Urban with Florida and a (was) 5* Nebraska team? even if you were thinking of him there he didn't need the help based on his team), and not provide the same thing to others. We all need the tips now to avoid you providing an advantage to anyone over someone else. I know this may not have been what you initially intended, but it's came to the point where you need to give them out to everyone to make it fair.

Umm see my previous post. Also, in my exact post that I made I said I wasn't gonna give them to anybody with a top 10 recruiting class because they are already doing good with recruiting. This stems from me giving recruiting tips in the past and they coming back to bite me. This is still a competition. I might not wanna show my opponent how to reload if all I have is 9mm and he has a bazooka. A fully loaded 9mm is definitely more effective than an empty bazooka. Don't you think. Besides, it's my business. I'm not obligated to give anyone shit. Having said that, I agree with you to an extent and since I gave them to Urban. I'm giving them to him as well.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:34 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    And with this...You can't have just decided you would give them to him based on him probably not stealing many recruits from you? Come on splff, in the spirit of fairness, you need to provide your "tips" to everyone, regardless of need, strength of team, or proximity to you; that's the only way it will be fair.

WTF? Fairness? It's a competition. Everyone is trying to win. To be fair, since you stomped me the last time we played, let me win this time. It's only fair that I get to win after you just won. I don't see you up here giving tutorials on running the option. Whatever man lol. That was some crazy shit you just posted. I said I would help those in need, not everybody. Yeah, I messed up and gave them to Urbs, but it's all good. They're for everybody now anyway because of that. WTF man? You came out of left field with that.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:48 pm

jhawk886 wrote:

I just want you to know what happened before. This transpired on OS before you joined.

http://www.operationsports.com/vBulletin/rivals-online-dynasty/424833-rivals-2011-thread-81.html

splff3000 wrote:Seems like someone don't know how to recruit. If you guys want, I'll do a detailed write up about what I have read and found out about recruiting to help you guys. If we go to AA, I ain't writing sh*t because you guys are just gonna steal my recruits, but if we stay at heisman, I'll do one...if you guys want me to.

Scrapps wrote:Yes! Please post recruiting tips!

splff3000 wrote:Only if we stay at Heisman. I think Urban wants to go to AA though. From what I can tell, it took a little while for some of us to get the hang of the new recruiting, but I'd say about half of us have a good strategy. I know ehicks has got a good strategy because we're going back and forth on some recruits. He'll get some of mine and I'll get some of his lol. Anyway, I promise that I'll do a detailed write up before the next season starts if we stick with heisman. I only have the 24th rank class right now, but considering that I was 45th a few weeks a ago, I'd say that's pretty good. It took a few weeks before I could find a good strategy and that put me behind the 8 ball a little, but now I can compete against anyone, except maybe Tennessee and OSU, recruiting wise. What ehicks said though was a good start for advice. Don't over extend your self while recruiting ie don't try to recruit too many people at the same time. I'll add onto that and say that you should give each recruit a minimum of 40 min a week if another school is going after them. That's the minimum that I've been able to use to get a recruit that someone else was going after.

Another thing is even if you're the only school to give him and offer and you're no. 1 you should still talk to him at least 20 min a week. The cpu teams can swoop in and steal him right from underneath your nose because they may be recruiting him, but not necessarily give him a scholarship offer so you may not realize a team is catching up to you until it's too late. Then you're in a battle for a guy that you had in the bag earlier an in those cases it's a good chance you're gonna lose him. Anyway, that's all I'll give until we figure if we're going to AA or staying at heisman. That guy 12oz taught me a good lesson about giving out recruiting secrets lol. He asked me for tips one year and I gave him a whole detailed write up. A couple of seasons later in the OD he was stealing my recruits left and right. I vowed to never give away recruiting secrets again. I'm seeing some people with only 1 or 2 recruits so I can see they need help so I went against my vow and started talking about recruiting again. I hope this doesn't bite me in the butt down the road lol.

urbanslegend05 wrote:I'm pretty sure that we're going to stay on Heisman for at least a year. I think everyone had to have a learning experience.

splff3000 wrote:Ok, I'll work on a write up when I get a chance. I'll try to have it done before the offseason so you guys that are lagging can get some recruits.

splff3000 wrote:On second thought, this is still a competition and I don't wanna just put stuff out there for all to see, so if you want the recruiting tips, PM me and I'll PM them to you. That way, I don't shoot myself in the foot by just putting all of my secrets out there for everyone. So if you want tips, PM me. Alabama, OSU, Miami, or VA Tech might as well not even waste their time PM'ing me because they're doing better than I am lol. I'm sure Scrapps wants some so I'm sure I'll PM him. If anybody else want help, just PM me or you can just ask me in the thread. It doesn't matter just let me know you want help somehow.

So, as you can see, it's never been fair.

Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanks for that
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Joker12 wrote:Thanks for that

You're welcome buddy. Very Happy
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Oh Lord, don't bring this smart-ass shit over here too. Lol
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:22 pm

Hey Kid, whats it lookin like for this VT vs FSU matchup??
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:27 pm

getonmylevelho wrote:Hey Kid, whats it lookin like for this VT vs FSU matchup??

can u go now?
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:32 pm

I'll try to get a hold of him for you real quick.
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:32 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:I'll try to get a hold of him for you real quick.

he was just online...
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:10 pm

anyone have trouble beating ole miss?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:14 pm

I don't know man, but I've noticed sometimes the cpu just wants to win. That's why I treat every game the same lol. I used to say oh it's just MS St., I'm not gonna worry about looking at their team or anything and guess what? 2 losses in both OD's to MS St. lol. Yeah, sometimes, you're just meant to lose and you gotta fight like a dog not to.

Last edited by splff3000 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:15 pm

alright, just checking
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:27 pm

kid and ho are playing tonight, that only leaves splff and hicks
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:12 pm

dclark44 wrote:kid and ho are playing tonight, that only leaves splff and hicks

I'm gonna get mine a little later when wifey goes to sleep.
    ehicks009

Post by ehicks009 Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:48 pm

first of all your welcome urbs... it was about time someone else got an elite prospect. and two im on playing now. and three thanks for beatin kid ho, now i get a free pass to the acc title game even if i lose to him, not that i have any intention of doing that of course
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:01 pm

ehicks009 wrote:first of all your welcome urbs... it was about time someone else got an elite prospect. and two im on playing now. and three thanks for beatin kid ho, now i get a free pass to the acc title game even if i lose to him, not that i have any intention of doing that of course

No worries brother. I gotta redeem myself after the four losses ive already given up to you anyways. I'm tired of your shit!!! I guess I'm just gonna have to run through herbs, defeat u, and then whoever is in the national title game will be forced to succumb to Florida State :twisted:
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:25 pm

ehicks009 wrote:first of all your welcome urbs... it was about time someone else got an elite prospect. and two im on playing now. and three thanks for beatin kid ho, now i get a free pass to the acc title game even if i lose to him, not that i have any intention of doing that of course

hmmm.... u never intend to lose to me. lol
    KidIcarus27
    KidIcarus27

Post by KidIcarus27 Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:26 pm

gg ho .. it was close for a bit. And I know it seems like everybody says it , but that first half was by far the craziest half of NCAA I have ever played.... wacky lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:31 am