GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
GWORLD74
Shooter
Stephen A Smith
dbafford
drew-73-stl
buddie496
ak_brownsfan
aftermath52
JoeyJ1203
chuckjones112
KidIcarus27
Mr.Slick
LongSnapper61
BcRanger3
Kingofda334
getonmylevelho
jhawk886
Aftershock9958
Joker12
Jalen_d
Marco_SNAPS_55
dclark44
Dolfinley
Sinister
robgman15
da5playmaker
Muckem
Hardee
dominoslarry
stoptherun
Brownsfan23
TJ
splff3000
37 posters

Grinders Discussion Thread

Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

Post by Dolfinley Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:39 pm

So what's up with the advance?
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:51 pm

I guess that's in the advance window so its fine, I'm just saying this game didn't get scheduled till last night...fuck, snapper didn't even know who he was playing till last night and jhawk had to tell him. Both snapper and chuck were around last year so they know how it works around here...I'm cool with waiting this time but I think this should be a warning or something for both these guys. Schedule your shit.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Joker12 wrote:I guess that's in the advance window so its fine, I'm just saying this game didn't get scheduled till last night...fuck, snapper didn't even know who he was playing till last night and jhawk had to tell him. Both snapper and chuck were around last year so they know how it works around here...I'm cool with waiting this time but I think this should be a warning or something for both these guys. Schedule your shit.

What he said.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:53 pm

X3
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Over/Under 2.2 quarters of football until snappers connection drops?
    Mr.Slick
    Mr.Slick

Post by Mr.Slick Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:18 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:Over/Under 2.2 quarters of football until snappers connection drops?

Still got connection issues LMAO!!
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:02 pm

nothing like a short three day advance to start
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Advanced!!! The deadline to schedule is Friday at 6pm EST. The deadline to play is Saturday at 8pm EST. Get those games scheduled boys.

Urb, you might want to talk to your boy. He is seriously close to getting the boot.
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:38 pm

First, can the powers that be vote on our trade.....

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t958-rams-cards-trade

Second, Joker when can you play?
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Muckem wrote:First, can the powers that be vote on our trade.....

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t958-rams-cards-trade

Second, Joker when can you play?

I can go later tonight if you want or pretty much anytime tomorrow morning/afternoon.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Based on you guys feedback, I lowered cpu pass rush from 40 to 35 and cpu Qb accuracy from 50 to 45. I also turned accelerated clock off for all games. The qtrs are still 8 min tho. I don't know if these changes will go into effect immediately or if they don't go into effect until after we advance.
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:34 pm

So how many members of the trade committee need to vote yes for trades to be approved?
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:47 pm

3 need to approve
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:22 am

Just so ya'll know, I'll be out of town on Friday/Saturday/Sunday and back sometime Monday. I'm going to get my cpu game in tomorrow hopefully, but depending on when we advance you'll probably have to sim or have someone play cpu on my third game.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 am

I got some input on the sliders. They. are. shit. Tebow and Big Ben combined for something like 21-55. Sure Teblow's, but BB going 9-21, something like that, is a joke. Only thing crappier than that is the D. Pass D is irrelevant,shit passing and dropped balls make it look reasonable. At times the pass D in madden acts retarded, with these sliders they act like blind retards.

On runs, seems like everyone is a power back, way too many broken tackles. The actual run D swarms the HB, way overpowering blocks, but it's countered by backs breaking shit left in right. When my small speed backs are lowering the boom on runs, something is messed up.

Also, same as Shock, I won't be in town till Monday afternoon, so unless we have a loooong advance, or somehow advance today, then Urb you gonna get to play the super Jets CPU.
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:47 am

chuck when can you play let me know
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:20 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:I got some input on the sliders. They. are. shit. Tebow and Big Ben combined for something like 21-55. Sure Teblow's, but BB going 9-21, something like that, is a joke. Only thing crappier than that is the D. Pass D is irrelevant,shit passing and dropped balls make it look reasonable. At times the pass D in madden acts retarded, with these sliders they act like blind retards.

On runs, seems like everyone is a power back, way too many broken tackles. The actual run D swarms the HB, way overpowering blocks, but it's countered by backs breaking shit left in right. When my small speed backs are lowering the boom on runs, something is messed up.

Also, same as Shock, I won't be in town till Monday afternoon, so unless we have a loooong advance, or somehow advance today, then Urb you gonna get to play the super Jets CPU.

I got some input on your input lol. I can see why someone would say everything that you're saying. Everything, but the pass defense stuff. I don't know why you're blaming the sliders for that. I actually bumped the pass reaction slider up some. If your guys are playing pass D like retards, it's not the sliders, it's the game. Actually it could be your guys too. Maybe they're just retards lol. Other than 1 play last night in my game against Urb, my guys did what they're supposed to do. You can't blame the sliders for problems with the game. Having said all of that, I can try bumping up the pass reaction slider more. The only problem with that is the more you bump it up, the more the cpu becomes psychic in man coverage. I already see some instances right now where the defensive player in coverage is making a cut before the receiver or the defensive player is kinda standing by waiting because he knows the receiver is doing a double move. I bumped up the pass D some, but I don'twant it to be psychic.

For the passing stuff, I say look at the passing yards for Den vs Atl. Honestly, there were plenty of times when people were under 50% passing with the default sliders. You just gotta be more careful with the passes. Me and Urb both were over 60% passing and my QB has pass accuracy in the 70's. I just picked when I was gonna take my shots and urb can attest to this.

As for the broken tackles, I want to tell you something that happened in my game against Urb last night. Earlier in the game, we were sacking the shit out of Tannehill. If we wasn't sacking him, we were getting good pressure. As the game wore on and my guys began to get more tired we weren't able to get as much pressure and we started missing more tackles. On urb's go ahead TD, Tannehill broke the tackle of a blitzing Tyvon Branch and then broke a tackle from Lamar Houston then ran it into the endzone. I asked him to save it, but I don't know if he did. Anyway, at this point in the game, my D was tired as shit because my guys had been on the field a helluva long time throughout the whole game. Earlier in the game, on a similar defensive play, Tyvon Branch sacked Tannehill easily. Now, it was the the 4th and he was tired(as was my whole defense) and he missed the tackle. I didn't get upset at all because I knew why it happened. As guys get tired, they're gonna miss tackles more. Having said that, I have heard several more complaints about broken tackles, so I will lower the broken tackles slider if you guys want me to.

As for the run game, I have block shedding at 5 and rush reaction at 10. I have run blocking at 10, but that's not the issue because the guys do block. Hell you can put it at 0, then put all WR's on the O-line and they will still block because, as some of you know, ratings aren't all that important when it comes to blocking. I'm sure some of you have seen the vids where a guy puts a punter or kicker on the offensive line and he blocks just like a offensive lineman. Having said that I have blocking at 10 and the guys do block. So once again, your gripe is with EA here. I actually lowered a bunch of stuff that helps rush defense, but the rush defense still swarms.

I think sometimes you guys are blaming the sliders for problems with the game. Look on OS and you see threads and posts talking about how the Pass D is broken or how someone can't run for shit. I adjusted the sliders to try to help with these EA issues, yet somehow it's the sliders that's causing it? That doesn't make sense. I admit, the sliders aren't perfect and I'm willing to change anything that you guys don't like that I can see might be a problem, like break tackles. It's hard for me to change sliders like QB Accuracy when I see several games where people are throwing for well over 300 yds and in some cases well over 400 yds, especially when I'm playing with the same sliders and getting good passing % myself with a below average QB. It makes it kinda hard to change things then.

TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:09 pm

I thought higher pass reaction = slower reaction to a play.

Also, I think we should play at default until we have a majority vote on a slider set. I don't believe anyone ever gave input on CCM sliders. Even though you used them in the community games it's pretty obvious that the two modes play different from one another. After all, sliders are used to tweak the game more towards your liking, so it should only be done if the majority of the guys want it.

And I'd much rather play at default and deal with EA shit then use a slider set that smooths out 1 aspect of the game but brings out flaws in another.

stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Please do something about the pass D.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:I thought higher pass reaction = slower reaction to a play.

Also, I think we should play at default until we have a majority vote on a slider set. I don't believe anyone ever gave input on CCM sliders. Even though you used them in the community games it's pretty obvious that the two modes play different from one another. After all, sliders are used to tweak the game more towards your liking, so it should only be done if the majority of the guys want it.

And I'd much rather play at default and deal with EA shit then use a slider set that smooths out 1 aspect of the game but brings out flaws in another.

Huh? You thought higher pass reaction = slower reaction to a play? That doesn't make any sense TJ, even for you lol.

TJ man, this is how I always do it. I start with a slider set then we tweak it from there. It doesn't do any good to start at default because everyone plays differently and everyone is not on the same skill level, so you'd have some saying passing is too easy and some saying passing is too hard. You'll never get a slider set out of that. So you make an executive decision and start out with a slider set. You then tweak that set as you go, which is what I am doing. Other than QB accuracy and broken tackles, the other stuff you complained about wouldn't be cleared up by going to default because as I posted before, I moved sliders to try to FIX the problem. I also said that I will lower the broken tackles. The only thing left is QB accuracy and there is too many high yardage games to make a move on that yet. You have been playing with Tebow. With these slider sets, Tebow isn't gonna be passing for 400 and 500 yards like Marco was able to do with him last year. Well not against a good defense anyway. This addresses every issue you brought up.

I would like to address something as well. I've seen several posts around here and in the chatbox saying I get off on this shit. I love having this power and I'm power hungry and all kinds of shit like that. Let's get this straight, I hate this shit!!!! This shit takes a ridiculous amount of time out of my life. If someone wanted to take over, I would gladly let them, but you mfers don't want to. I let Urb take over last season after I left and the shit was dead in half a season. This shit is not fun for me. I would love to just have to worry about playing my games and scouting and shit like that. I would love it. I would love not being at work and getting text messages about so and so did this or why haven't we advanced or whatever. I would love not being accused of all kinds of shit because I made a rule or decision that you don't agree with. I would love it. I try to do shit in a diplomatic way so there are as few complaints as possible. Contrary to what most of you think, there are more mfers in here than you and more opinions on shit than just yours. I have to look at the BIG picture and decide what's good for the whole CC not just what's good for you. Like I said, this shit is not fun. Playing the games and all of that shit is, but the actual commish shit is not. I do it tho. I do it because A) No one else will B) I like most of you mfers. When I do it, I'm gonna do it in a way that's comfortable for me and what's comfortable for me is organization and structure. That's why I have so many rules and why I'm particular about shit. If that bothers you then, you can be commish and run this shit your way. I definitely have no problem with that.

EDIT: BTW, TJ, that last paragraph wasn't directed towards you, unless you said I was power hungry or some shit like that. I haven't seen you say it, but you might have said it lol. That was directed towards anyone that feels that way.
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:11 pm

naw splff your not power hunger your dick hungry you like a long in ya ...ctfu
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Mfer don't blame me on that. We were 10 months into the game. Of course people had lost interest. We tried to get another but it's kinda hard when you hve 12 people left going into a season to get anyone excited about playing 12 CPU games and 4 user games. It didn't matter who was running it at that point, it was going to die you POWER HUNGRY MFER.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:49 pm

splff3000 wrote:

Huh? You thought higher pass reaction = slower reaction to a play? That doesn't make any sense TJ, even for you lol.

TJ man, this is how I always do it. I start with a slider set then we tweak it from there. It doesn't do any good to start at default because everyone plays differently and everyone is not on the same skill level, so you'd have some saying passing is too easy and some saying passing is too hard. You'll never get a slider set out of that. So you make an executive decision and start out with a slider set. You then tweak that set as you go, which is what I am doing. Other than QB accuracy and broken tackles, the other stuff you complained about wouldn't be cleared up by going to default because as I posted before, I moved sliders to try to FIX the problem. I also said that I will lower the broken tackles. The only thing left is QB accuracy and there is too many high yardage games to make a move on that yet. You have been playing with Tebow. With these slider sets, Tebow isn't gonna be passing for 400 and 500 yards like Marco was able to do with him last year. Well not against a good defense anyway. This addresses every issue you brought up.

Yes higher reaction = slower reaction. What I'm saying is I thought the slider was for changing the reaction time, so a higher slider would mean a longer reaction time which results in a slower reaction. I may be wrong with this, but I swear I saw something like this before where the lower the slider actually made the pass D play better. Basically raising it caused players to not make a break on the ball.

I don't want Tebow throwing 400 yards a game, but when Big Ben is missing wide open targets, most of them within 10 yards, something isn't right. Catching seems a little low too. I like they drops happen in traffic and during contact, but plenty of drops in our game was from hitting dudes square in the chest.

I think the interceptions are off too. Both picks I threw with Tebow were from CPU catching the picks, yet every time me and larry usered a player it resulted in drops, and I'm talking undercut passes not DBs trying to Megatron some shit.

You argue that setting the game on default settings isn't a worth it because some guys may have different feelings based of how it plays, yet setting your own choice of sliders (0 input from others) and tweaking from that point is a better idea? There will be virtually NO way to tweak them to everyones liking, mostly because of the DPP in the CCM. Every week teams will play different from the week before, so how on earth are we supposed to give you accurate feedback on the sliders anyway? My first game against the Bills had McElroy at 58ovr because he was on a cold streak. How am I supposed to give you feedback on passing sliders if my QB for that week is down? Then the next week he swings up and I have a totally different experience?

EDIT: Just to add, I always thought sliders were for User vs CPU games. CPU in EA games seems to have advantages/disadvantages that you could tweak since they are stupid and don't adjust themselves. Outside of maybe toning down accuracy, I really don't see the purpose of adjusting the effectiveness of the OL/DL, how the D plays, and bigger aspects of the game.

Basically what I'm saying is between users you are either hurting their team or enhancing it when you change the sliders. I spend money on my OL or I know how to get rid of it without getting sacked 10 times a game (believe me, plenty of users don't know there's a throw away button), why should a slider change because Joe Playmaker's goes deep every pass and has a shit OL complains about getting sacked too much? Robb just crippled his future drafts for a pash rusher, but oh no, so and so tries to make pocket qb slowass into vick and cries pass rusher overpowered! There goes some wasted picks.

Why spend money on good CBs when a freaking TE just runs away from them because the pass coverage is tweaked and they just watch guys run away from them. Why draft the next Mike Alstott when my 190 pound HB can line up at FB and truck it through the GL for a TD....

Go ahead splff and tear apart my post Waytogo
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:02 pm

San fran owner when u wanna play
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Sliders are shit in user games too.

I think starting at default and adjusting from there is a much better way to go.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am