GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
GWORLD74
Shooter
Stephen A Smith
dbafford
drew-73-stl
buddie496
ak_brownsfan
aftermath52
JoeyJ1203
chuckjones112
KidIcarus27
Mr.Slick
LongSnapper61
BcRanger3
Kingofda334
getonmylevelho
jhawk886
Aftershock9958
Joker12
Jalen_d
Marco_SNAPS_55
dclark44
Dolfinley
Sinister
robgman15
da5playmaker
Muckem
Hardee
dominoslarry
stoptherun
Brownsfan23
TJ
splff3000
37 posters

Grinders Discussion Thread

Muckem
    Muckem

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

Post by Muckem Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:49 pm

I still haven't heard back from SF, you Jhawk?
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Muckem wrote:I still haven't heard back from SF, you Jhawk?
    Nope, I autoed him for you muck.
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:01 am

Gworld/ seattle...

I posted in the schedule thread and also text him last nigjt.... No respose

He texts me who he is and hes "ready" i text him back and he asks me who is this around 7:30 eastern. Hasnt replied since

Chased this mfer for 2 days im done chasin so do as u please hawk
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:34 am

Browns -Chargers done
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:57 am

Ummm, I just saw on the ticker that the deadline for scheduling games was 10am SUNDAY morning. It's almost 2 AM on MONDAY morning. What the fuck is going on? Rob said he's waiting for the jags owner, but then comes back and says he gets off at 3 lol. I have no idea whats going on with that. Shock has a cpu game but that shit don't count anymore because it's passed the deadline so we shouldn't be waiting on that and Joey made a post at 645 pm on friday and haven't heard shit else. Then he comes in at 1AM saying that he ain't getting no response. Fuck it, let's put some mfers on auto and go goddammit lol. I'm working nights this week so I'd like to be able to get my game in when I'm off tomorrow (Monday) just in case there's some scheduling issues while I'm working nights.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am

I would like to thank the commish for dropping the ball on scheduling and allowing this week to extend past the advance deadline. In doing so, I can actually play my next game since I'll be back within the next adv window Waytogo
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:58 pm

I'm gonna say something that I don't think will be very popular, but fuck it, I'm gonna say it anyway. I think the scheduling thread needs to go the way of the dodo bird. There isn't a whole lot of effort to get the games scheduled because of it. It seems to me like most mfers are posting when they can play in the scheduling thread then leaving it at that. I guess they feel like they've done their part by posting in the thread. It's on the other guy to respond. It's made people lazy in terms of scheduling.

Another things it's done is made the scheduling time take hours/days instead of a few minutes. When we were solely sending texts to schedule games, you could have a game scheduled in minutes. You also knew almost immediately if you weren't getting a response from the guy you are supposed to play. You didn't have to wait a full day or day and a half before you found out the guy you was playing wasn't responding. Like I said it's made people lazy. Now you post in the the thread and HOPE he respond in a timely manner.

I think if you're gonna keep the thread you got to get real strict on the schedule time. We have went over the 2 day scheduling window every week sinc ewe started. I'll admit some of that was my fault as well because I was the commish before. Hawk made a new rule tho, that if your game was gonna be played on the 3rd day that you had to post when it was scheduled for in the thread. I have yet to see a post saying when a game would be scheduled for on the 3rd day, but we have went passed the 2 day schedule window every week still. Something has to give. I feel that either we should make the scheduling thread go the way of the dodo bird or we should start really enforcing the 2 day schedule rule. It's just my opinion. I understand that it's partly my fault, but we got to fix it somehow.

On a different note, we had an incident that I think everyone should know about, because I think it's highly ridiculous that this user is still in the CC. Here's what happened:

Joey(lions) and GWorld(seahawks) had a game to play. Joey came into the chatbox complaining about Gworld not responding to him about playing their game. He didn't respond in the scheduling thread and he didn't respond to him when he sent him a text. Anyway after Joey leaves, Gworld showed up in the chatbox and talked all about making trades and shit, but nothing about him and Joey's game. Eventually both him and Joey were in he chatbox at the same time and when Joey asked him about the game, he said let's play. Joey was in the chatbox asking where this mfer was at and Hawk said that he texted him saying that he was playing already. Little did we know, he was indeed playing already. He was playing some random user. He then told Joey that he would play him afterward. Hawk put him on autopilot and let Joey play the cpu since we should have already advanced anyway. Am I the only one that see a problem with this? The mfer didn't respond to him for days then goes a play another game when the guy he is supposed to play is right there waiting on him.

Hawk says he wants to wait to see what the guy has to say before booting him, but what can he say? I'm all for hearing people out before booting them, but in this case, what could he possibly say that would be good enough for him to be allowed to stay in the CC? That he was baked out of his mind? Really? For 2 days? Actually 3 days because Joey tried to schedule with him on friday. Sounds like bullshit, but it is what it is I guess. dont know Anyway, I guess I'm done ranting for today. lol Peace
    dbafford

Post by dbafford Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Jags here. I dropped the ball last week due to uncontrolled issues. I'll get back on track for this week.

Lions, my number is 865-363-0866 text anytime.

My best times for now. Is anytime between 7:30 am est. till 4pm est.

I can make arrangements to play after just need to know a day or so in advance. Thinks will be more open after this week.

Sorry rob about last week.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:18 pm

We advanced last night at 2:30 AM CT

Scheduling Deadline: 10 AM CT Wednesday

Advance Deadline: 10 AM CT Thursday
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Splff, I don't know what you are talking about with the scheduling thing. We haven't waited past the deadline on an unscheduled game yet. Last week we waited two hours past the deadline to allow buddie and joey to play their scheduled game; and we ended up with basically a 2-day advance. The week before we waited past the deadline on a couple of scheduled games that ended up not being able to be played; unfortunate that we waited but not a lot we could have done. So we haven't waited yet when we shouldn't have.

As far as this week we just advanced, I was gone this weekend and so people had some extra time to get their games in/scheduled. I could've advanced a couple of hours before I did last night (around 11 or so) but that's about it. Marco and Jalen had a game scheduled but Marco wasn't able to make it; so I had to give Jalen time to play the CPU then. I then was in the chatbox figuring out the Joey/GWorld situation and waited for joey to play the CPU since GWorld was all messed up or something. Sorry, I advanced on you rob but you knew when the scheduling deadline was and you needed to post in there that you hadn't heard from him and would like him autoed or come the to chatbox and let me know, or even text me.

As far as that whole situation with Joey/GWorld, I'm not exactly sure what the hell GWorld's issue was last night but it was messed up. He said that he got a game invite from the Lions, and since joey was the Lions, he accepted it. He wasn't communicating very effectively at all and what he should have done, once he realized that he wasn't playing Joey, was quit out of that game to play joey. But I'm going to give him a chance to come on here and explain himself to everyone today as to why he was so messed up last night and why he didn't actively try to work with joey to get a set time. Everyone has busy weekends and/or gets really fucked up every once in a while, so I'll see what he has to say.

Anyways, let's get another quick advance in guys!

Last edited by jhawk886 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:I would like to thank the commish for dropping the ball on scheduling and allowing this week to extend past the advance deadline. In doing so, I can actually play my next game since I'll be back within the next adv window Waytogo
    And what are you talking about tj? The deadline was this morning. When are you going to be back?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:01 pm

jhawk886 wrote:Splff, I don't know what you are talking about with the scheduling thing. We haven't waited past the deadline on an unscheduled game yet. Last week we waited two hours past the deadline to allow buddie and joey to play their scheduled game; and we ended up with basically a 2-day advance. The week before we waited past the deadline on a couple of scheduled games that ended up not being able to be played; unfortunate that we waited but not a lot we could have done. So we haven't waited yet when we shouldn't have.

As far as this week we just advanced, I was gone this weekend and so people had some extra time to get their games in/scheduled. I could've advanced a couple of hours before I did last night (around 11 or so) but that's about it. Marco and Jalen had a game scheduled but Marco wasn't able to make it; so I had to give Jalen time to play the CPU then. I then was in the chatbox figuring out the Joey/GWorld situation and waited for joey to play the CPU since GWorld was all messed up or something. Sorry, I advanced on you rob but you knew when the scheduling deadline was and you needed to post in there that you hadn't heard from him and would like him autoed or come the to chatbox and let me know, or even text me.

As far as that whole situation with Joey/GWorld, I'm not exactly sure what the hell GWorld's issue was last night but it was messed up. He said that he got a game invite from the Lions, and since joey was the Lions, he accepted it. He wasn't communicating very effectively at all and what he should have done, once he realized that he wasn't playing Joey, was quit out of that game to play joey. But I'm going to give him a chance to come on here and explain himself to everyone today as to why he was so messed up last night and why he didn't actively try to work with joey to get a set time. Everyone has busy weekends and/or gets really fucked up every once in a while, so I'll see what he has to say. If he doesn't come on here today and give an explanation to everybody though, I'm going to boot him.

Anyways, let's get another quick advance in guys!

lol fair enough hawk. I'm not gonna beat a dead horse. I just wanted to let it be known how I felt about the situation. Peace
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:13 pm

TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:09 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    And what are you talking about tj? The deadline was this morning. When are you going to be back?

Forgot I'm on a bye anyways so I don't have a game. And never question what I have spoken.
    drew-73-stl
    drew-73-stl

Post by drew-73-stl Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:16 pm

splff3000 wrote:I'm gonna say something that I don't think will be very popular, but fuck it, I'm gonna say it anyway. I think the scheduling thread needs to go the way of the dodo bird. There isn't a whole lot of effort to get the games scheduled because of it. It seems to me like most mfers are posting when they can play in the scheduling thread then leaving it at that. I guess they feel like they've done their part by posting in the thread. It's on the other guy to respond. It's made people lazy in terms of scheduling.

Another things it's done is made the scheduling time take hours/days instead of a few minutes. When we were solely sending texts to schedule games, you could have a game scheduled in minutes. You also knew almost immediately if you weren't getting a response from the guy you are supposed to play. You didn't have to wait a full day or day and a half before you found out the guy you was playing wasn't responding. Like I said it's made people lazy. Now you post in the the thread and HOPE he respond in a timely manner.

I think if you're gonna keep the thread you got to get real strict on the schedule time. We have went over the 2 day scheduling window every week sinc ewe started. I'll admit some of that was my fault as well because I was the commish before. Hawk made a new rule tho, that if your game was gonna be played on the 3rd day that you had to post when it was scheduled for in the thread. I have yet to see a post saying when a game would be scheduled for on the 3rd day, but we have went passed the 2 day schedule window every week still. Something has to give. I feel that either we should make the scheduling thread go the way of the dodo bird or we should start really enforcing the 2 day schedule rule. It's just my opinion. I understand that it's partly my fault, but we got to fix it somehow.

On a different note, we had an incident that I think everyone should know about, because I think it's highly ridiculous that this user is still in the CC. Here's what happened:

Joey(lions) and GWorld(seahawks) had a game to play. Joey came into the chatbox complaining about Gworld not responding to him about playing their game. He didn't respond in the scheduling thread and he didn't respond to him when he sent him a text. Anyway after Joey leaves, Gworld showed up in the chatbox and talked all about making trades and shit, but nothing about him and Joey's game. Eventually both him and Joey were in he chatbox at the same time and when Joey asked him about the game, he said let's play. Joey was in the chatbox asking where this mfer was at and Hawk said that he texted him saying that he was playing already. Little did we know, he was indeed playing already. He was playing some random user. He then told Joey that he would play him afterward. Hawk put him on autopilot and let Joey play the cpu since we should have already advanced anyway. Am I the only one that see a problem with this? The mfer didn't respond to him for days then goes a play another game when the guy he is supposed to play is right there waiting on him.

Hawk says he wants to wait to see what the guy has to say before booting him, but what can he say? I'm all for hearing people out before booting them, but in this case, what could he possibly say that would be good enough for him to be allowed to stay in the CC? That he was baked out of his mind? Really? For 2 days? Actually 3 days because Joey tried to schedule with him on friday. Sounds like bullshit, but it is what it is I guess. dont know Anyway, I guess I'm done ranting for today. lol Peace

Spliff and Hawk,
    I want to formerly apologize to you both for starting the SCHEDULING THREAD. Im sorry. Look my thought and intention was to clear up the discussions thread from all the chatter about scheduling games and NOT to stop people from TEXTING to get their game in.I just assumed owners would still text for game then add a post to HELP get there opponent's attention for a game, not to replace the texting way of scheduling....I guess i thought people thought the same as me and would just post in scheduling thread as a 2nd way of getting a hold of their opponent...AGAIN IM SORRY.

about the guy who didnt respond to texts for 3 dys then was playing a random DOUCHEBAG. he needs to get booted like yesterday and screw his explnantion..no need for that type of guy in GRINDERS<,,,,,,,,GRINDERS FOR LIFE BABY>>>>ahhaha
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:53 pm

Maybe change the "Scheduling" thread to the "Schedule" thread. It isn't for "hey whenever XXXX see's this, I want to play at this time," but instead it's for "XXXX and I have scheduled are game for ______" or "XXXX and I have played our game."

Right now all the thread does is discourage texting other users and makes the scheduling process take longer if the other user doesn't see their opponents post.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:14 pm

drew-73-stl wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:I'm gonna say something that I don't think will be very popular, but fuck it, I'm gonna say it anyway. I think the scheduling thread needs to go the way of the dodo bird. There isn't a whole lot of effort to get the games scheduled because of it. It seems to me like most mfers are posting when they can play in the scheduling thread then leaving it at that. I guess they feel like they've done their part by posting in the thread. It's on the other guy to respond. It's made people lazy in terms of scheduling.

Spliff and Hawk,
    I want to formerly apologize to you both for starting the SCHEDULING THREAD. Im sorry. Look my thought and intention was to clear up the discussions thread from all the chatter about scheduling games and NOT to stop people from TEXTING to get their game in.I just assumed owners would still text for game then add a post to HELP get there opponent's attention for a game, not to replace the texting way of scheduling....I guess i thought people thought the same as me and would just post in scheduling thread as a 2nd way of getting a hold of their opponent...AGAIN IM SORRY.

about the guy who didnt respond to texts for 3 dys then was playing a random DOUCHEBAG. he needs to get booted like yesterday and screw his explnantion..no need for that type of guy in GRINDERS<,,,,,,,,GRINDERS FOR LIFE BABY>>>>ahhaha

Don't apologize man. You did nothing wrong. Nothing at all. It's good that you're active and took the initiative to start the thread. One thing you will learn is I rant....alot. Don't take any offense to it lol. I just believe in expressing how I feel about something and being very detailed with it lol. That was just my opinion on the matter. If Hawk was to say shit ain't gonna change( which he essentially did lol), I'd be cool with that. I just wanted to let my opinion be known. That's all.

splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:35 pm

What a shocker ppl that aren't active aren't scheduling their games.

Who would have though posting in a thread wouldn't be a good way to get a hold of ppl that don't come to the site.
    GWORLD74
    GWORLD74

Post by GWORLD74 Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Whoa,

For 1. let's not get personal. I really don't want to go there.
    2.I apologize if I missed something about how to schedule games.
    3. I sent you a friend request right after the advance letting you know who I was.
    4.As soon as I hit the chat yesterday, I sent you a text because I could not get your info from my phone. (someone posted your number in chatbox.)
    5. I was told that you were sending me a invite to play and did not know it wasn't you.
    6. Why didn't you text me. As soon as I got the text last night I responded immediately. Are you sure you text or called the right #.
    7. When I found out it wasn't you, I didn't want to dc the game if it was from another league. It did say "join ccm game" and it was the Lions.
    8. Are you seriously trippin' that hard cause of a miscommunication on the first week in the league? Are you serious?
    9. I live in AZ. A lot of times I get on the chatbox hardly anyone is on.
    10. I just downloaded the app on my phone so I can check into the chatbox so that I can get on the forum when the wife uses the laptop.

Now let's be civil about this and not get personal.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:39 pm

What app is this Bc the forum has kinda sucked on the phone since the redo. Idk what happens but now when I try to scroll down it keeps jumping back up to the previous post, making it pretty hard to navigate.
    GWORLD74
    GWORLD74

Post by GWORLD74 Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:28 pm

I downloaded it from google play for my android. It isn't the greatest but it works. Also, I got "ice cream sandwich" that might have something to do with it.
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:03 pm

GWORLD74 wrote:Whoa,

3. I sent you a friend request right after the advance letting you know who I was.
    4.As soon as I hit the chat yesterday, I sent you a text because I could not get your info from my phone. (someone posted your number in chatbox.)
    5. I was told that you were sending me a invite to play and did not know it wasn't you.
    6. Why didn't you text me. As soon as I got the text last night I responded immediately. Are you sure you text or called the right #.
    7. When I found out it wasn't you, I didn't want to dc the game if it was from another league. It did say "join ccm game" and it was the Lions.
    8. Are you seriously trippin' that hard cause of a miscommunication on the first week in the league? Are you serious?
    10. I just downloaded the app on my phone so I can check into the chatbox so that I can get on the forum when the wife uses the laptop.

Lmaooo
    Here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28365657@N07/8069241015

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28365657@N07/8069237562

Im trippen? This guy is a fucking retard

Done talken

JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 pm

I had the wrong number lmaoo
    U responded lmaooooo
    U must be on that dawg food lmaoo

Last edited by JoeyJ1203 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:10 pm

JoeyJ1203 wrote:
    GWORLD74 wrote:Whoa,

Lmaooo
    Here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28365657@N07/8069241015

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28365657@N07/8069237562

Im trippen? This guy is a fucking retard

Done talken

Laughing that's funny as fuck

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:10 pm