Grinders Discussion Thread

    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by splff3000 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:30 pm

    Muckem wrote:Sliders are shit in user games too.

    I think starting at default and adjusting from there is a much better way to go.

    You care to elaborate? You were complaining about sacks after your first game. This game you threw the ball 39 times and was sacked once. What's the problem now? Here's what I see. I see a CC with 29 users and 4 or 5 of those users complaining. This is what I see.

    I'm not gonna break down your post TJ. You keep bringing up shit that's wrong with the game and blaming it on the sliders. Before we made any kinda adjustments in CC me and joey played a game and came back here and said that pass defense is screwy, yet you keep bringing it up like I did something. You keep talking about Ben Roethlisberger missing passes all over the place, yet the guy that actually controlled him ain't said nothing. If you guys want to keep blaming the sliders for shit that's wrong with the game, I'm gonna let you. I'm done trying to defend the sliders. If you want to continue to give feedback so we can tweak these things to perfection then we can do that too. One thing is for sure, I am NOT going to default sliders. It's you guys choice what you wanna do after that.
    Muckem
    Muckem

    Posts : 617
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2011-08-30

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by Muckem on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:34 pm

    I should have been sacked, but Skelton kept breaking tackles because you have tackling basically turned off.

    Pass coverage for me is a little hard to figure out at the moment, with better corners my guys couldn't cover for shit, but I'm playing Joker so that doesn't surprise me either.

    It's just that playing with these sliders isn't making for better gamelplay compared to default and there seem to be quite a few of us that feel that way.
    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by splff3000 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:46 pm

    Muckem wrote:I should have been sacked, but Skelton kept breaking tackles because you have tackling basically turned off.

    Pass coverage for me is a little hard to figure out at the moment, with better corners my guys couldn't cover for shit, but I'm playing Joker so that doesn't surprise me either.

    It's just that playing with these sliders isn't making for better gamelplay compared to default and there seem to be quite a few of us that feel that way.

    How many times would you say that happened? I already said I'm gonna lower "break tackle". I'll probably lower it to 45. I think I'll raise tackle to 15 as well. I won't raise it more than that tho because I like the idea of guys missing more tackles when they get tired. I already talked about pass coverage. I don't wanna mess with that too much. That's basically on EA. With a good d-line you CAN get pressure with a 4 man rush. That means you can put more players into coverage. The "quite a few" of you are greatly outnumbered by "the few" that don't seem to have a problem or don't have enough of a problem to complain about it. I appreciate the feedback tho and I AM tweaking things.
    Joker12
    Joker12

    Posts : 1552
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2010-08-24
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by Joker12 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:50 pm

    splff3000 wrote:
    Muckem wrote:I should have been sacked, but Skelton kept breaking tackles because you have tackling basically turned off.

    Pass coverage for me is a little hard to figure out at the moment, with better corners my guys couldn't cover for shit, but I'm playing Joker so that doesn't surprise me either.

    It's just that playing with these sliders isn't making for better gamelplay compared to default and there seem to be quite a few of us that feel that way.

    How many times would you say that happened? I already said I'm gonna lower "break tackle". I'll probably lower it to 45. I think I'll raise tackle to 15 as well. I won't raise it more than that tho because I like the idea of guys missing more tackles when they get tired. I already talked about pass coverage. I don't wanna mess with that too much. That's basically on EA. With a good d-line you CAN get pressure with a 4 man rush. That means you can put more players into coverage. The "quite a few" of you are greatly outnumbered by "the few" that don't seem to have a problem or don't have enough of a problem to complain about it. I appreciate the feedback tho and I AM tweaking things.

    I should have had 4-5 sacks but Skelton kept shaking my guys lol...some of them were near the end when my guys were tired but a few were on the first play of a drive in the first half.
    TJ
    TJ

    Posts : 1309
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-01-24
    Age : 32
    Location : NC

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by TJ on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:13 pm

    Then there is no point giving feedback at all. If I say pass rush isn't there, but someone else says it is, then what action is there to take? There are 29 users so there will be 29 different opinions on what is good and what is not.

    You adjusting tackling/broken tackles because you felt that they should be happen "later in games when guys are tired," is there any proof that tackling ability is linked to fatigue? From what I've seen in the game, fresh players miss the same easy tackles as winded ones.



    Last edited by tmjohns18 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by splff3000 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:13 pm

    Joker12 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:
    Muckem wrote:I should have been sacked, but Skelton kept breaking tackles because you have tackling basically turned off.

    Pass coverage for me is a little hard to figure out at the moment, with better corners my guys couldn't cover for shit, but I'm playing Joker so that doesn't surprise me either.

    It's just that playing with these sliders isn't making for better gamelplay compared to default and there seem to be quite a few of us that feel that way.

    How many times would you say that happened? I already said I'm gonna lower "break tackle". I'll probably lower it to 45. I think I'll raise tackle to 15 as well. I won't raise it more than that tho because I like the idea of guys missing more tackles when they get tired. I already talked about pass coverage. I don't wanna mess with that too much. That's basically on EA. With a good d-line you CAN get pressure with a 4 man rush. That means you can put more players into coverage. The "quite a few" of you are greatly outnumbered by "the few" that don't seem to have a problem or don't have enough of a problem to complain about it. I appreciate the feedback tho and I AM tweaking things.

    I should have had 4-5 sacks but Skelton kept shaking my guys lol...some of them were near the end when my guys were tired but a few were on the first play of a drive in the first half.

    Oh that's not too bad. I'm talking about the number of sacks that would have been, not him shaking all your guys off. I adjusted the settings so guys should be better at tackling when we advance.

    I also want to let everyone know the official grinders twitter page has been created. Follow @grinders_CC to see the actual in game tweets on your twitter page.
    Muckem
    Muckem

    Posts : 617
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2011-08-30

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by Muckem on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:16 pm

    Do you see positive feedback anywhere here?

    The few who don't have any problems seem to be deaf mutes because they aren't saying shit about anything.

    I know you're used to a piss poor brand of football being a raiders fan, but damn you don't need to make everyone in madden play like them.
    TJ
    TJ

    Posts : 1309
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-01-24
    Age : 32
    Location : NC

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by TJ on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:21 pm

    Hawk or Muck mentioned that Run D sliders may also have an impact on Pass D play and Pass D sliders vice versa. I don't see the reason to keep tweaking if you don't 100% know everything that you are effecting when you move them.

    I know you are against default splff, but the best option would have been going through season 1 and letting everyone play 16 games and give their overall feedback on what they feel should be improved. It's not rocket science, crowds are smarter than a single person. Giving everyone ample time to give feedback through the year, we could have taken the majority votes for changes (majority thinks passing easy = lower slider, most thing running is fine = don't change). But instead we have to tweak already changed settings that even the guys who make the game don't understand.
    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by splff3000 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:22 pm

    Muckem wrote:Do you see positive feedback anywhere here?

    The few who don't have any problems seem to be deaf mutes because they aren't saying shit about anything.

    I know you're used to a piss poor brand of football being a raiders fan, but damn you don't need to make everyone in madden play like them.

    **Sigh** When we were discussing the time for quarter lengths there was a lot of people talking because they felt they needed to say something. I'm assuming they're not saying anything because they don't feel they need to say something. Contrary to what you believe, everyone isn't totally up in arms like you and a few others are. Anyway, when you got some feedback for me, I'm listening.
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

    Posts : 799
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-05-05

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by Dolfinley on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:30 pm

    I would like to see somebody say the sliders are golden other than Splff just for splff's sake.


    JK, I like to watch him get bitched out.
    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by splff3000 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:30 pm

    tmjohns18 wrote:Hawk or Muck mentioned that Run D sliders may also have an impact on Pass D play and Pass D sliders vice versa. I don't see the reason to keep tweaking if you don't 100% know everything that you are effecting when you move them.

    I know you are against default splff, but the best option would have been going through season 1 and letting everyone play 16 games and give their overall feedback on what they feel should be improved. It's not rocket science, crowds are smarter than a single person. Giving everyone ample time to give feedback through the year, we could have taken the majority votes for changes (majority thinks passing easy = lower slider, most thing running is fine = don't change). But instead we have to tweak already changed settings that even the guys who make the game don't understand.

    I know what the sliders do. I have been doing sliders for a long time. Trust me if what you were saying was true, I'd definitely know about it by now. I have said this a bunch of times. I tweak the sliders to my liking in the beginning then I tweak them from there. That's how I've always done it and that's how I will keep doing it. Sorry you don't agree with that. Just knowing that people think it's too easy to pass or too easy to run doesn't help me with sliders. It just lets me know I need to change something. For instance, if you say it's too hard to run, well shit, I could raise break tackle or raise run blocking or lower defense rush reaction or lower block shed or lower tackling or any combination of all that shit. We'd go through a whole season, then I'd get people's feedback at the end of the season and we'd right back here in the beginning of season 2 because there is not just one thing that fixes things. I'd change some sliders and I'd be sitting here asking for feedback......... like I'm doing now.


    Last edited by splff3000 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TJ
    TJ

    Posts : 1309
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-01-24
    Age : 32
    Location : NC

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by TJ on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:37 pm

    splff3000 wrote:For instance, if you say it's too easy to run, well shit, I could raise break tackle or raise run blocking or lower defense rush reaction or lower block shed or lower tackling or any combination of all that shit.

    So... if I think it's easy to run your gonna adjust it so it's easier?

    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by splff3000 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:46 pm

    tmjohns18 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:For instance, if you say it's too easy to run, well shit, I could raise break tackle or raise run blocking or lower defense rush reaction or lower block shed or lower tackling or any combination of all that shit.

    So... if I think it's easy to run your gonna adjust it so it's easier?


    You know what I meant mfer lol. That was a typo lol. You know I meant if it was too hard to run lol.
    avatar
    LongSnapper61

    Posts : 63
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-28

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by LongSnapper61 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:27 pm

    Sorry to say this but i am going to have to leave the league for awhile.. atleast until after my season is over. I have been so busy with practice and then a ton of work to do after that I don't really have time to play at all. Even when I have had time to play my connection has been so bad that I can't play and don't have time to get something to help it. I have already left the league and hopefully will be back to playing around December
    avatar
    JoeyJ1203

    Posts : 885
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2011-09-01
    Age : 32
    Location : !! Michigan !!

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by JoeyJ1203 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:29 pm

    Splff who the fuck is the san fran owner
    Mr.Slick
    Mr.Slick

    Posts : 70
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-05-12
    Location : Vancouver, B.C

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by Mr.Slick on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:45 pm

    After playing a game with Steven Jackson, i really dont wanna trade him now. In other lgs the sliders aint this good. S Jax be breaking tackles all damm day. GOod job Splff.
    avatar
    JoeyJ1203

    Posts : 885
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2011-09-01
    Age : 32
    Location : !! Michigan !!

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by JoeyJ1203 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:08 am

    Splff i dont kno who the sf owner is, cant find ne info on him and this is my 3rd tome posting looking for him just so u kno
    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by splff3000 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:18 am

    I just updated the teams and members thread with his info.
    Sinister
    Sinister

    Posts : 603
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2011-08-31
    Age : 42

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by Sinister on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 am

    chuck whats going on man
    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by splff3000 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:25 pm

    What are we looking like as far as games that we're waiting on?
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

    Posts : 1065
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2010-08-27
    Age : 34
    Location : Macedonia, FL

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by getonmylevelho on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:38 pm

    NYG vs TB...my plans changed as far as being out of town tonight..so i hit hardee up and i'm just waiting to hear back to see if he wants to try it again tonight
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

    Posts : 1065
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2010-08-27
    Age : 34
    Location : Macedonia, FL

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by getonmylevelho on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:42 pm

    splff3000 wrote:
    Muckem wrote:Do you see positive feedback anywhere here?

    The few who don't have any problems seem to be deaf mutes because they aren't saying shit about anything.

    I know you're used to a piss poor brand of football being a raiders fan, but damn you don't need to make everyone in madden play like them.

    **Sigh** When we were discussing the time for quarter lengths there was a lot of people talking because they felt they needed to say something. I'm assuming they're not saying anything because they don't feel they need to say something. Contrary to what you believe, everyone isn't totally up in arms like you and a few others are. Anyway, when you got some feedback for me, I'm listening.

    I agree. I voted for 7 minutes..but the slider discussion is a never ending one. I've only played this game twice...so my opinion hasn't been formulated yet. And reading these essays on sliders is too much anyways..lol
    avatar
    JoeyJ1203

    Posts : 885
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2011-09-01
    Age : 32
    Location : !! Michigan !!

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by JoeyJ1203 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:04 pm

    well sf guy hoed it last night and responded well keep in touch tonight, hope all these new guys are not like this or ill lose interest real quick
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

    Posts : 230
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-09

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by Brownsfan23 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:56 pm

    I simmed my game against Bengals, something came up today so I didn't want you guys waiting.
    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by splff3000 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:18 pm

    JoeyJ1203 wrote:well sf guy hoed it last night and responded well keep in touch tonight, hope all these new guys are not like this or ill lose interest real quick

    What do you mean he hoed it? Did he not respond?

    Brownsfan23 wrote:I simmed my game against Bengals, something came up today so I didn't want you guys waiting.

    Thanks for the communication.

    Sponsored content

    Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri May 24, 2019 3:12 am