GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Jbrax1122
PalmettoTiger
dipsh
IUcookie
Jaredlib
9 posters

Week 2 - Hell Yeah

Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Week 2 - Hell Yeah Empty Week 2 - Hell Yeah

Post by Jaredlib Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Shit, we have a user game this week, and it actually going on right now! I didnt even notice that until I saw the guys playing a game with the same score on my friends list

Looks like its 16-14 for Virus right now in the 4th

Hope to hear details on this one
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Week 2 - Hell Yeah Empty Re: Week 2 - Hell Yeah

Post by IUcookie Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Sounds like a defensive game is going on between those two
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Looks like ASU took over in the 2nd half and won it 28-13. Their stats are almost identical so it looks like it came down to the guy who made the plays at the end of the game. Next week has K State at UConn. Should be a good one. We will find out if K State is a contender or a pretender.
    PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Congrats ASU. While you were out playing, I've been stealing your recruits.
    Jbrax1122

Post by Jbrax1122 Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Hahaha thanks! It was a tough game... Turnovers kill me Everytime. Where do I do a game write up??

That's where I will give all the juicy details
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Jbrax1122 wrote:Hahaha thanks! It was a tough game... Turnovers kill me Everytime. Where do I do a game write up??

That's where I will give all the juicy details

Just anywhere in the week 2 thread is fine.
    Errig
    Errig

Post by Errig Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Rutgers gets its first commit of the season! Filled a WR spot we need, but can def find someone better
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Errig wrote:Rutgers gets its first commit of the season! Filled a WR spot we need, but can def find someone better

Well done. I need great recruits and all I have interested are turds. Hopefully this year goes well because the next few seasons will be tough at KSU.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:49 pm

I now have a 4 star DT interested in me. After scouting the fella he's 82 overall. I'm going all out in trying to get him. During the phone call I told him Indiana was one of the premier party schools in the nation and since then he put me in his top 10. haha I need him bad though, 4 of my 5 DT's are seniors and I redshirted one of them so I can have him for next year
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:54 pm

IUcookie wrote:I now have a 4 star DT interested in me. After scouting the fella he's 82 overall. I'm going all out in trying to get him. During the phone call I told him Indiana was one of the premier party schools in the nation and since then he put me in his top 10. haha I need him bad though, 4 of my 5 DT's are seniors and I redshirted one of them so I can have him for next year

An 82? Good hell, he's a beast. I'm lookin at some 68's and shit.
    Jbrax1122

Post by Jbrax1122 Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Sun Devils vs Illini

Long time friend off the field and competitors on the field Coach Braxton and Coach Henderson hooked up for a week 2 battle to set the tone for their first season at their new homes. After originally seeing the schedule both coaches had the same thing to say "Fuck not him again!!" Lucky for the Sundevils the Illini had to come down to Tempe for some 110 degree weather and I think thats what did them in. The action started right out the gate when SR RB C. Marshall gashed the Illini D for 72 yard run down to the 8 yard line. Later that Drive SO QB M Bercovici threw a TD pass to take the lead 7-0. A couple FG later The Illini were only down one before Bercovici Tossed a long pass to two yard line to later setup yet another TD pass for the Sophmore. I was not all good for the SO QB he finished with 2TD and 3INT and 169 yards passing. After TD and the Halftime score was 14-13 Sundevils. Coach Braxton was Quoted saying at half "The D was doing a good job of not giving up TD's but we need some explosive plays if we want to win this". After a slow 3rd QT and another FG by the Illini the Sundevils were down 16-14 heading into the 4th. Then the SR HB C Marshall struck again with a 24 yard TD run. Putting the devils up 21-16, a lead they would not give up again. later in the game as the Illini SR QB N Scheelhaase threw a late Pick 6 to SR SS K Ayers to seal the game. Final score 28-16 Sundevils. After the game Sundevils Coach Braxton was heard telling Coach Henderson "I hope I never play you again unless its for the BCS SHIP"
    virus2450
    virus2450

Post by virus2450 Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Illini Vs Arizona St (raw uncut edition)

Pretty much everything brax said was absolutely true and it was a great game. What was left out of the detailed announcement was few but very important in my eyes.
    1. the 72 yard run very annoying and lag screwed me over in the decision to hard hit (advise any lag in future games dont hard hit)
    2. after climbing back 6-7 in 1st qt, a snake in ncaa was occured, i played perfect defense and everyone was locked, my DB and brax's WR were 40 yds away from the play of the QB scrambling away from a sack when a 1 on 1 prayer ball was throw, (in which i would have thrown as well), and to my surprise instead of an interception the game allowed the wide receiver to run back to gain an advantage to catch the ball. But i guess it can be somewhat excepted because i did have a crazy ass interception as well against him. so pretty much Ncaa hates us this year.
    3. Arizona is never really windy especially in tempe and 10mph winds fucked a game leading fg into the half smh.
    4. And last, the game was going good, both teams fighting but two picks were thrown on my behalf because the DB and LB undercut my WR's smh. id except if brax himself undercut me which he did skillfully in the first half, but a fat ass LB controlled by the cpu. ridiculous.

Pretty much ive excepted the loss and know i could have made a couple better decisions but the reason why i lost was because the Game felt i should have lost in AZ and dipsh is the 4th commissioner in a 3 year span to schedule me and brax against eachother in an opening game smh. This will cost Kansas St in some kinda way... either in requiting or an on-field battle. In the words of mortal kombat spokesperson Shao Kahn, "It has begun".

Errig
    Errig

Post by Errig Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:51 pm

No idea how to even describe the game I just had against #7 Arkansas. Lets take it to the 4th qtr Rutgers up 21-17, Arkansas goes 4 for 4 on 3rd downs and drives the ball 93 yards to end up scoring on an amazing 22 yard catch making the game 24-21. Rutgers get the ball back and first play Star WR Brandon Coleman breaks a press coverage and catches a 60 yard pass down to the 20, after about 4 plays RU runs the ball in for the 28-24 lead. But this Arkansas team had some fight left in it, driving the field and making some amazing blocks the HB scored with only 1:53 on the clock. 31-28, now i was thinking to myself this one was over. RU takes the ball driving the field using up 2 of its 3 TO's after a huge broken tackle by my WR I found myself on the 3 yard line, 12 seconds left no TO's and I took it to the ground to score a 3 yard TD with only 8 seconds left in the game. Rutgers comes out with the amazing win over a #7 team. 35-31 Instant Classic.

Key players:
    Offense - HB J. Jamison 25att 147 yards 4Td's
    WR B. Coleman 7 Catches 135 yards.

Defense - K. Greene 9 tackles 5 solo 4 TFL.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Errig wrote:No idea how to even describe the game I just had against #7 Arkansas. Lets take it to the 4th qtr Rutgers up 21-17, Arkansas goes 4 for 4 on 3rd downs and drives the ball 93 yards to end up scoring on an amazing 22 yard catch making the game 24-21. Rutgers get the ball back and first play Star WR Brandon Coleman breaks a press coverage and catches a 60 yard pass down to the 20, after about 4 plays RU runs the ball in for the 28-24 lead. But this Arkansas team had some fight left in it, driving the field and making some amazing blocks the HB scored with only 1:53 on the clock. 31-28, now i was thinking to myself this one was over. RU takes the ball driving the field using up 2 of its 3 TO's after a huge broken tackle by my WR I found myself on the 3 yard line, 12 seconds left no TO's and I took it to the ground to score a 3 yard TD with only 8 seconds left in the game. Rutgers comes out with the amazing win over a #7 team. 35-31 Instant Classic.

Key players:
    Offense - HB J. Jamison 25att 147 yards 4Td's
    WR B. Coleman 7 Catches 135 yards.

Defense - K. Greene 9 tackles 5 solo 4 TFL.

Wow! Fun game. Huge win for Rutgers!
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Those were some good reads haha
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:14 pm

virus2450 wrote:Illini Vs Arizona St (raw uncut edition)

Pretty much everything brax said was absolutely true and it was a great game. What was left out of the detailed announcement was few but very important in my eyes.
    1. the 72 yard run very annoying and lag screwed me over in the decision to hard hit (advise any lag in future games dont hard hit)
    2. after climbing back 6-7 in 1st qt, a snake in ncaa was occured, i played perfect defense and everyone was locked, my DB and brax's WR were 40 yds away from the play of the QB scrambling away from a sack when a 1 on 1 prayer ball was throw, (in which i would have thrown as well), and to my surprise instead of an interception the game allowed the wide receiver to run back to gain an advantage to catch the ball. But i guess it can be somewhat excepted because i did have a crazy ass interception as well against him. so pretty much Ncaa hates us this year.
    3. Arizona is never really windy especially in tempe and 10mph winds fucked a game leading fg into the half smh.
    4. And last, the game was going good, both teams fighting but two picks were thrown on my behalf because the DB and LB undercut my WR's smh. id except if brax himself undercut me which he did skillfully in the first half, but a fat ass LB controlled by the cpu. ridiculous.

Pretty much ive excepted the loss and know i could have made a couple better decisions but the reason why i lost was because the Game felt i should have lost in AZ and dipsh is the 4th commissioner in a 3 year span to schedule me and brax against eachother in an opening game smh. This will cost Kansas St in some kinda way... either in requiting or an on-field battle. In the words of mortal kombat spokesperson Shao Kahn, "It has begun".

You shoulda told me you were scared to play your boy. I coulda switched it.
    Errig
    Errig

Post by Errig Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:52 am

Waiting on Cal.....
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:04 am

Errig wrote:Waiting on Cal.....

He knows. Said he'd try to get it played tonight. I will advance early tomorrow morning if he does.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Good shit Errig, nice win

Damn IU I am jealous, I got nobody over 71 on my board right now. You guys must be better with the scouting time than I am. I had NCAA 11 and 12 recruiting down pat but I am still learning how to best utilize this new system, good for you tho!

I think I play Cal in week 3 and and I will be gone all night tonight so maybe he and I should try and hook up right after he plays the CPU
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Yea I like the scouting and knowing my recruits' ratings. But I do miss finding out what my recruits' ratings are before the next season starts to see of they are good or not.
    chugg18
    chugg18

Post by chugg18 Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:16 pm

In my opinion, scouting is sweet. In my offline
    Utah state dyn, I found a 3star gem 76ovr Olb who's interested. And I'm sendin the farm to get him. Nothin too great for Baylor yet tho.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:22 pm

As far as these gems you guys are finding, are they guys that already ahve you in the top 10, or are you just going through your pipeline states and picking random guys to scout?
    virus2450
    virus2450

Post by virus2450 Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Gotta be careful cause people cough up mspoints to by that advisor crap so i hope its turned off
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Yeah I am pretty sure he disabled timesavers
    Errig
    Errig

Post by Errig Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:26 pm

I had about 20 guys interested in Rutgers when i chose the "Top ten school" option. After that I went into my pipeline, took a look at the schools that were talking to the guy, if it was a team like Penn state as his #1 and the #2 was already 300+ points behind i wouldnt even try. Other guys I take a shot on. I found that it is very risky with these 3-4 star guys, because normally they have a rating around 70-75 and then you scout them and they bomb down to a 65, it really hurts when that happens, waste the time finding him and the time you used scouting. But yeah pipeline is always my second area I go to, gotta take a shot at guys

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:03 am