IUCookie (Indiana)

dipsh
    dipsh

IUCookie (Indiana) Empty IUCookie (Indiana)

Post by dipsh on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Post scouting reports on this player in this thread. No trash talk. No responses. Just scouting reports. Any non scouting posts will be deleted.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

IUCookie (Indiana) Empty Re: IUCookie (Indiana)

Post by Jaredlib on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Not sure exactly what playbook he's using but it was lots of shotgun/pistol. He ran the spread well. He would hit you with wr sweep or a HB off tackle play then set you up for a PA off the same play. I recall a specific PA play out of pistol, a single back look with a TE I believe, watch the cross over the middle and look for the check down to the little five yard dig/hitch underneath. Run was varied all around, hit me with a solid read option a couple times, hit me off tackle, could dives here and there, kept my honest.

Hit me a few HB screens, 3 that I can remember, one shoulda popped huge but his blockers fucked up for him. I would say the most damage that was done in the passing game was on 10+ yard hitches to his WR on the right side of the screen, and a 14+ yard corner route out of shotgun tight to his WR on the left side, it absolutely destroyed my man coverage.

Talented passer, knows how to lead the route WAY better than I do, didn't look to scramble very often at all but I had a spy on a lot so not sure if he noticed that or just doesnt scramble period. It's pretty rare for me to scramble more than someone I play I give him mad props for this.

Lot of man coverage on D, he has a lot of different blitzes he throws at you with different stunts. Half the time it looks like he tries to get a guy free up the middle and half the time he will send a guy wide or stunt the DE wide. I checked the replays and his guys were just fucking turning my guys into shit lol

I would say if it was an important down it was press coverage and his guys covered very very well. He controls the SS and does a great job of taking out underneath stuff in the middle of the field. He takes a few steps toward the line of scrimmage to read run and if its pass he jumps whoever comes at him first. I thought I could exploit this with a PA post over the middle but it didnt matter because his nickel back could not be beat in man coverage by my fuckin guy to save his life.

Basically, he forced me to play my worst game yet in this game.
    PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Not very good at these, but here goes.

Offense
    Saw a lot of shot gun formations. QB didn't scramble at all and is purely pocket passing based. On 2nd or 3rd and long a HB screen needs to be watched for. Got hit with numerous HB screens so I had to play the MLB and focus on the RB.

On Shot gun Bunch formations watch for corner routes with the outside receivers. It will beat man coverage. If you see it, I would recommend zoning someone in the area. Runs are mixed in frequently to keep you honest. He is very good at clock management and the offense chews up a lot of time. Moves very methodically down the field. If he catches you in a habitually zone defense, hitch or comeback routes will show.

Defense
    I had a very difficult time getting anything deep. Any vertical route or deep route was always well covered by DB's. I found myself scrambling a lot out of the pocket and dumping off to my backs frequently. Running the ball was not an issue and I wish I would have focused on it more. Defensively he is very sound. Big plays were difficult to come by so be prepared to work down the field. You'll need to convert 3rd downs frequently.

Numerous switches in coverage from zone and man looks. Will often play with the FS or SS. Everyone seems to drop back on passes so I felt like I had a lot of time, which also lead me to scramble. Will spy the QB but tends to play in a very bend but don't break type of D.

Great game!
    virus2450
    virus2450

Post by virus2450 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:33 am

ok, lets get down to business. Im kicking myself because i beat myself in this one... it was a good game but dumbfounded how cpu coverage can be so unreliable.. indiana runs 4WR more then anything.. he uses his HB as a decoy, if i have any advice for you is to let him run the ball... in his 4WR he only throws out routes, comebacks and to the flats... crazy thing is is that its to 1 guy his best wide receiver #80... now he will throw to any open man but his priority is this man... as far as defense he plays 2 over the top every play.... his defense is his Achilles. he stacks the line in an unusual way so that a player can slip through the line and he uses the saftey every play... and when he has no confidence in his pursuit he guides the player into position and let the cpu tackle. when he has to get a victory he will do whatever it takes meaning scrambling screens and hurry up offense lots of hurry up.

if you can stop the pass and your confident in your running game, you should come out victorious but if you lack in any one of these departments, prepare to be frustrated playing the most underrated team in the ncaa.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 am

Defense - I'm pretty sure it was the same 2 or 3 plays all game. Tight man with some blitzes. His strategy is not hard to figure out but I've never played anyone who is that good with their SS. He ate me up. I was terrified to pass so I just ran. Shotgun read options and off tackle runs beat him up but only when we blocked the SS.

Offense - Read virus's write up. Mixes runs ok but runs maybe 3 or 4 passes over and over when he passes. Deep curl to the right is his money play. He threw that on me probably 6 times. If your good at user controlling MLB you will pick it off cuz the formation gives it away. Too bad I'm not.

Overall Cookie is a great gamer but to be honest he's my least favorite kind of player to play. The pre snap set up is weird and his insane flying around with his SS is not very realistic but if I could control my guy like that I would probably do it too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:33 pm