Named Roster Question for Everyone

IUcookie
    IUcookie

Named Roster Question for Everyone - Page 2 Empty Re: Named Roster Question for Everyone

Post by IUcookie on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:34 pm

Update on this:

The guys that were really cruising won't get finished tonight. Once it's 11:15 PM EST they are going to stop and just upload what they have and auto generate the rest.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Named Roster Question for Everyone - Page 2 Empty Re: Named Roster Question for Everyone

Post by Jaredlib on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:41 pm

This might be a dumb Q, but how do you auto-generate names for only a few teams? Wouldnt it auto generate for all of them?
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:43 pm

I actually have no idea.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:29 pm

IUcookie wrote:Update on this:

The guys that were really cruising won't get finished tonight. Once it's 11:15 PM EST they are going to stop and just upload what they have and auto generate the rest.

Bummer
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:36 pm

haha the waiting sucks
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:35 pm

from the roster guy just now:

Okay I'm done naming rosters, I've done over eighty teams by myself, and if ya'll want them done, finish them yourselves. Download from me at xIZ GONE RAINx..
    Teams not named:
    Bowling Green
    Buffalo
    Central Michigan
    Eastern Michigan
    Florida Atlantic
    Florida International
    Idaho
    Kent State
    Louisiana Tech
    Miami (OHIO)
    MTSU
    New Mexico State
    North Texas
    Northern Illinois
    Ohio
    San Jose State
    SMU
    Southern Miss
    Toledo
    Tulane
    Tulsa
    UAB
    UCF
    ULL
    ULM
    Utah State
    UTEP
    UTSA
    WKU
    WMU

98 teams in 3 days, and now I just wanna play the actual game. The FULL and DETAILED Roster will be available later this week from Ccaarrssoonn3.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Hats off to that guy. Talk about killing it, he sure as hell did. But I guess we have to wait for carson or fairdale, which ever one
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:32 pm

So correct me if I am wrong here, but aren't Carson's with edits? From what I understand these ones are only names, but are missing those small schools, and Fairdales are obviously all the teams, name only, right?
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:33 pm

I downloaded them and they did a few edits as well. Changed a true freshman from black to white and shrunk the shit out of him from 6'3" to 5'10" on KSU. I hate that. I really do appreciate the effort but don't say it's just names if it ain't.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:34 pm

The ones from gamerosters.com should drop soon though and they're just names.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:36 pm

lol

why the fuck did they sneak in edits like that?

Oh well, thats what happens when you let random guys on OS help you make your roster haha.

PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:49 pm

dipsh wrote:Changed a true freshman from black to white and shrunk the shit out of him from 6'3" to 5'10" on KSU.

Das racist! Mob
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Errig really is racist by the way, he hates white people
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:31 pm

dipsh wrote:The ones from gamerosters.com should drop soon though and they're just names.

How soon should these drop you think? That Fairdale guy said that the dumbass from gamerosters Brian Kaldenberg has been emailing him. So if he's copying Fairdale he should be done later in the week
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:34 pm

How do you keep track of where Fairdale is in the process so far?
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:37 pm

IUcookie wrote:
    dipsh wrote:The ones from gamerosters.com should drop soon though and they're just names.

How soon should these drop you think? That Fairdale guy said that the dumbass from gamerosters Brian Kaldenberg has been emailing him. So if he's copying Fairdale he should be done later in the week

That Kaldenberg guy tweeted some shit talk to fairdale earlier saying they are way farther along than him.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:38 pm

lol

Roster makers have rivalries?
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Jaredlib wrote:lol

Roster makers have rivalries?

I know. It made me LOL a bit when I read it. Reminded me of ZOOlander for some reason.
    Errig
    Errig

Post by Errig on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Update from Carsson over at OS

As it stands, we have completed over 70 teams.

This includes equipment, shoulder pad height, SOCK LENGTH, removal of garbage equipment nobody wears, Knee braces on all offensive lineman.

All transfers and incoming freshman are entered.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:01 pm

Errig wrote:Update from Carsson over at OS

As it stands, we have completed over 70 teams.

This includes equipment, shoulder pad height, SOCK LENGTH, removal of garbage equipment nobody wears, Knee braces on all offensive lineman.

All transfers and incoming freshman are entered.

I'm pretty sure we are just gonna use a names only roster in this OD. Some dudes opinion of what ratings should be is gonna vary depending on which teams he likes. My team isn't perfect to real life either but I think it's a wash.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Any update on Gamesrosters or Fairdale?

Its too bad that a couple guys messed up the other guys rosters. he auto generated names for the remaining teams and now its complete. out of the 100 schools named personally, he did like 88 himself, but he let others work on them when he went to sleep sometimes and I think that was when a couple douche's decided to sneak in a rating oe two. I know he fixed a couple himself.

Anyway, I guess at this point we have to be close to something
    SkillzKillz719
    SkillzKillz719

Post by SkillzKillz719 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:05 am

I'm in for whatever.

I downloaded a roster and it didn't come up that 20 or so aren't named for me.

For sure as long as our team's names are there I'm good. lol
    PalmettoTiger
    PalmettoTiger

Post by PalmettoTiger on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Would we take into account transfers and loss of scholarships? For example, Montel Harris is a stud running back who has transferred from Boston College to Temple.

Also, Isaiah Crowell is no longer with Georgia due to stupidity, but both Crowell and Harris are game changers. Both BC and UGA won't be the same without them.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:09 pm

PalmettoTiger wrote:Would we take into account transfers and loss of scholarships? For example, Montel Harris is a stud running back who has transferred from Boston College to Temple.

Also, Isaiah Crowell is no longer with Georgia due to stupidity, but both Crowell and Harris are game changers. Both BC and UGA won't be the same without them.

To be honest I would like to go with names only in this OD. If it makes or breaks the league for people I will look at Carson's rosters and make a call but I'm not letting some dudes boost the teams they like and make year corrections unless they are spot on and fair to all the user teams. What if the guys favorite team is KSU and all the sudden my guys have an unrealistic boost or conversly he hates Texas Tech and pays no attention to them? I just think if it's names only we all know what we signed up for.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Has there been any word from Fairdale?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:05 pm