GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Jaredlib
chugg18
mrdinknose
SkillzKillz719
IUcookie
Jbrax1122
dipsh
11 posters

Named Roster Question for Everyone

dipsh
    dipsh

Named Roster Question for Everyone Empty Named Roster Question for Everyone

Post by dipsh Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:17 pm

In years past there is no way I would have entertained this idea but I started thinking with the problems the game had using edited rosters last year and the terrible inaccuracies I'm seeing this year, would it be smarter to just have Dink and I name and edit our 12 teams to closely match their actual roster and play without the CPU players named? I'm not even sure I'm sold on this idea yet but I wanted to throw it out there in order to get your opinions.
    Jbrax1122

Named Roster Question for Everyone Empty Re: Named Roster Question for Everyone

Post by Jbrax1122 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm down either way. I'm going to be dying to get the DYN going so whatever is fine with me.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Our home team is Utah St. so we know them fairly well and when dink and I were checking out their roster we noticed number 6 senior HB. Which is cool cuz he's like a 90 overall and on a one star, terrible team like the Aggies he is a huge asset. The only problem is he plays for the fucking Seattle Seahawks now! That is what started me thinking that we wait for named rosters every year and they are so far off from real life is it even worth the wait? That coupled with the fact that when you edited a player in last years game their tendency changed may be reason enough to at least talk about it?
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:06 pm

I say wait. The people at OS should have their rosters done 2 or 3 days after the July 10 release. And they do a great job lets not forget. They will fix that Robert Turbin issue along with all the other ones. Plus I'm gonna be playing some online games to start out just so I can get used to the game and all that. I say wait
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Waiting is not the biggest problem. Last year PS3 had names on release day and It would take me a couple days to even dial in 12 teams anyway. The biggest problem IMO is if naming them messes up their tendencies again the CPU players will not play the way they are suppose to play which killed last years game. Maybe what we should do is wait for a decent one and then check to make sure the tendencies are still ok then start it? I would rather have names even if they aren't perfect but I would rather have numbers than 55 speed drop back passers thinking they are option QB's.
    SkillzKillz719
    SkillzKillz719

Post by SkillzKillz719 Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:02 am

I feel like naming the rosters immerses you a little more than just numbers. I'm not against just numbers though.

I agree that we should wait and see if the named rosters mess up the tendencies or not. If they don't, they I don't see why not!
    mrdinknose
    mrdinknose

Post by mrdinknose Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:18 pm

I'm really down either way however I am leaning towards waiting for the named roster rather than Dipsh and I doin it ourselves. Although if it screws up the tendencies I'm already voting for a restart because if I have to play against the cpu tryin to air it out with a running QB again I'm gonna lose it cause that's fuckin lame
    chugg18
    chugg18

Post by chugg18 Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:37 pm

SkillzKillz719 wrote:I feel like naming the rosters immerses you a little more than just numbers. I'm not against just numbers though.

I agree that we should wait and see if the named rosters mess up the tendencies or not. If they don't, they I don't see why not!

I agree with Skillz on this one. Especially now how the game cuts away to give you updates of what is happening around the nation. I think it'll be sweet if someone's tearin it up on the game, u'll be able to keep an eye on em in real life and vice versa. Plus if they haven't figured out the naming tendency glitch then fuck EA. As we say at work FFIO(fuckin figure it out).
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:38 pm

I vote just use an official OS roster. I bet it works fine this year
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Jaredlib wrote:I vote just use an official OS roster. I bet it works fine this year

I heard they were starting tomorrow sometime.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:56 pm

The official plan then is to wait for a named set from OS or whoever gets em named first. I don't care to wait around forever for someone to tweak facemasks and sock length. If the names are somewhat close we will throw them in and roll.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Fairdale Kings is doing names only, no edits. The other OS guys are doing names but with edits like changing people's class from junior to senior if they are wrong and stuff like that. Indiana's roster had a few mistakes like that
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:06 pm

I guess we will see how long they each take. I'd like to take the quickest ones and those of u that know your teams well can post edits you want me to do.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm planning on editing my guys all to 99 on everything. Smile
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:51 pm

lol

I think this is kinda weird TBH, so I am gonna stay out of it. As long as everyone has a name I am cool with it. I am not gonna come on here and try to say my HB should be a 95 speed instead of 89 or something like that.

Can't wait to get this shit rolling
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:01 pm

I'm not planning on adjusting anything really. I was teasing but I did go read the community OS roster thread and those sound like they'll be great. We will more than likely wait for those.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/556580-os-360-only-community-rosters-official-thread.html
    regggie16
    regggie16

Post by regggie16 Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:13 am

I think we should wait for the correct years, and names, skill edits are not necessary in my opinion. im pumped!
    da5playmaker

Post by da5playmaker Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:43 am

fairdale does the 360's and said he'd have them out by this wkend.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Yo so I did some research yall. EA fucked it up again, those losers! Turns out the Northwestern QB is a world class sprinter, he qualified for the Olympics but gave his spot up. Crazy! Oh and hes a true freshman, so go ahead and make those edits for me. Also, their entire secondary have 99 man coverage/press. Yeah, they have been working with a special position coach. Oh they are all freshmen too.

Actually, wow look at this! All their starters are freshmen!

lol

dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Yo so I did some research yall. EA fucked it up again, those losers! Turns out the Northwestern QB is a world class sprinter, he qualified for the Olympics but gave his spot up. Crazy! Oh and hes a true freshman, so go ahead and make those edits for me. Also, their entire secondary have 99 man coverage/press. Yeah, they have been working with a special position coach. Oh they are all freshmen too.

Actually, wow look at this! All their starters are freshmen!

lol

I've actually got 4 or 5 guys who are still Juniors in high school that are mid 90's too.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:58 am

Unless anyone is really against it I think we should use Fairdalekings rosters. Some dudes tweaking guys attributes is all gonna just be done by their opinions. With fairdales we know exactly what we are getting. I know KSU's WR Lockett is a fast as shit KR type that is rated in the 60's with 87 speed. He should be faster but I really think adjustments will get out of control. Give your opinion or deal with it.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:00 am

I don't care what we do. Fairdale is taking a while so I'm gonna guess he will be done Friday sometime, but that's just my guess. We can roll with whatever roster but some of IU's players are listed as the wrong class year. But its not a big difference really so you can do whatever you want.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:27 am

I checked Fairdales twitter and hes saying what team he has done one by one but I can't tell how many he has done total.

I am a fan of the idea though, I agree

There is also an OS community roster that a bunch of guys are working on together, just names, I think they have all the BCS schools finishes so far,

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/558925-ncaa-football-13-season-ticket-rosters-20.html

thats the thread
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:16 am

Jaredlib wrote:I checked Fairdales twitter and hes saying what team he has done one by one but I can't tell how many he has done total.

I am a fan of the idea though, I agree

There is also an OS community roster that a bunch of guys are working on together, just names, I think they have all the BCS schools finishes so far,

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/558925-ncaa-football-13-season-ticket-rosters-20.html

thats the thread

Man these guys are cruising. I didn't even see this thread. Good lookin out Jared. Hopefully we can get this thing Rollin in the next day or two.
    IUcookie
    IUcookie

Post by IUcookie Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:19 pm

yea those guys are booking it. Fairdale has about 35 or 40 done so far. But he said on twitter he won't be on tomorrow so that will set his rosters back. I say go with those guys that almost have the BCS done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:45 pm