Huskies looking to be top dog.

regggie16
    regggie16

Huskies looking to be top dog.  Empty Huskies looking to be top dog.

Post by regggie16 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:30 am

In 2010 Uconn Huskies made monumental waves in the FBS by making it to the Fiesta bowl, even though we were humiliated by Oklahoma to the tune of 48-20. Uconn looked to build on that momentum of 2010 and carry it into 2011. However the Huskies finished the 2011 campaign 5-7 and 3-4 in the big east. Missing a bowl game. The 2012 campaign looks to have a better outcome according to Senior cornerback Blidi Wreh-Wilson. When asked about the 2012 season, the well spoken seniors had this to say, "We are going to show up, play every game like its a championship. Myself and Gratzy (Dwayne Gratz) are going to lead this defense through spring practice, the off-season workouts and into the season, our whole team has bonded well this offseason, we are going to work hard towards the championship, we need to leave a legacy, we are going to put Uconn on the map"

The offense however has questions, which quarterback will be starting? According to coach Paul Pasqualoni he said, "the quarterback competition is open, i will make my decision after our workouts and first week of practices and meetings with our other coaches" The battle will be between the Redshirt sophomore Scott McCummings, and Redshirt senior johnny McEntee, McEntee is more of a pocket passer, while McCummings is more of a scrambler. Pasqualoni stated that "no matter what quarterback is named the starter we will have different packages that get both quarterbacks in the game".

The Running back position will be held down by Redshirt sophomore Lyle McCombs who rushed for 1151 yds and 7 tds, he will be looking to improve on those stats this season, the offense will also be led by Wide Receivers, Michael Smith, and Shakim Phillips. When McCombs was asked about his 2011 campaign, he stated, "I rushed for over 1000 yards which was my preseason goal, this year im looking to break 1500 yds, i've worked hard all off season, our whole team has worked hard this season, last season was a fluke, we are going to surprise some people this season, you can quote that"
    mrdinknose
    mrdinknose

Huskies looking to be top dog.  Empty Re: Huskies looking to be top dog.

Post by mrdinknose on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:22 pm

This is an awesome write-up. Well done reg

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2019 2:38 am