Rivals 2011 Dynasty

jhawk886
    jhawk886

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 39 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by jhawk886 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:33 am

Got your message jared, and you're right, you did play Georgia last year. At this point though, I'm not going to screw with the schedules. I didn't do them and if I switch your game it will have other effects as well so I'll let urban sort it out. Just send him the same message you sent me here in a bit when I get off (he won't see it because it sent it to my PS3 rather than his).
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:37 am

Were you able to get bc back on there? I didn't take them off, so I'm wondering what happened. Glad I got you to double check them. Let me know what I need to do to work out the rest of them.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:37 am

I got my Boston College game scheduled. Jared would like to play Georgia instead of Texas so I'm not sure what you want to do there. Other than that, everything else looks good man
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:48 am

I guess my response to that is.....well I think people.in general have a hard time putting themselves in others shoes. I didn't sign a five star lastbyear. The cpu jacked.3 from me midseason and.urban stole.the only guy that had me.number one last week 8 at the end. That sucked.

I have one five star guy who has me.in his top 3 right now. The cpu has shown a tendency to cheat just cuz psu cpu dis it doesn't mean I will.

Ill never be six stars. I won't beat ho or hova and rauloe whooped my ass last year. U should have better classes than me. Ur six star, im five star, im not saying I should have ur kind.of class, im saying in real life five star school get.studs too. Maybe not 8, but one or two.

I know you earned it man. But unless some guys bust out user talent that they just didn't have before they won't be able to do what u did. U and urban are the two best on sticks and with the staple.of 99a.u all churn out does anyone stand a.chance? Persoanlly I feel schedules.should be based on team stength b teams play b teams etc but I doubt that will happen.

Basically, if you were in my shoes I think us see that its much easier said than done to say "just win all your games". If I was at usc I wouldn't be saying shit. I took themto a title. Honestly I dontnget.how they were.allowed to be taken so fast without me being considered but that's a whole new.argument.

I don't even know what im saying anymore. Im tired.and typing on a.phone. I guess I am in the middle.of two extremes, I love.this game.and.this od but winning consistently isn't going to happen now and that sucks. So do I quit? Well maybe I should but then I don't have a spot for.12. Plus if I quit zeho will quit too and that's not cool for anyone involved so then I should stay rift? But how do I get excited about an almost guaranteed 4 losses?

Fuck I need to sleep I can't even read what I just wrote
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:50 am

As for the schedule. No I don't think I should be playing texas my team su ks and I had 3 user road games.last year including ho and.yung. but if it can't be fixed then I will play the games.I vet assigned

dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:07 am

Is there going to be a final decision on 5 stars before I set up my board?
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:15 am

WTF? I ain't got a lot of time to get deep into this, but how the fuck did we go from 8 5* over 2 yrs to 10 5* over 2 yrs to almost going to no limit on 5* again. I don't like the 10 5* over 2 yrs or the no limit. Hawk, you looked at scout.com, if you noticed on Scout.com they have 50 5* caliber players on their list every year. Pretty much the top 50 players are considered 5* by them. Well there ain't 50 5* on the game. There was 34 last year and I'd venture to say there's 30-40 5* caliber players each year. That's more in line with what they do at Rivals. com. And at Rivals.com, there was no team that had more than 4 5* caliber players in a year except for USC that one year. There were some teams that had 4 5* caliber players over multiple years, hence the reason for the 8 5* over 2 yrs rule. I know the new guys ain't gonna say much, but it's funny that the people with the most to gain by circumventing this(Urban with his 10 over 2 yrs and Hawk with his no limit) are the ones advocating this the most. I'm not advocating the shit. I'm still on the 8 5* over 2 yrs. If you want to make it easy Urbs, we can do know more than 4 5* per year. That's jsut as easy as 5 5* per year and it stayys within the 8 5* every 2 yrs rule. I gotta go, but best believe I got more to say on this. All you guys don't get suckered into agreeing to some bullshit, by the people that benefit the most from it. I am showing the reasoning behind the 8 5* every 2 yrs. It's the most realistic way to represent what happens in real life at least in recent history.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:13 am

From an outsider I feel I should voice my opinion for the the recruiting. Both sides have a valid point for recruiting limits etc. How many more season do you plan to get in before 12 though? 3? 4? I don't think you should implement the new rule just yet. We should wait until 12 comes out then if the recruiting still has a bias against a few teams, then create the rule of 5 per year max. That is just me voicing my opinion. Its not fair to jhawk this season.

Jared, I want you to take Bama. They are great, I don't want to brag, but they are a great fucking team thanks to me. Anyways, have a good season boys with whatever way you go.

Roll Tide

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:38 am

I don't care what we pick its up to yall I aint getting a 5* anyway lol
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:12 pm

splff3000 wrote:WTF? I ain't got a lot of time to get deep into this, but how the fuck did we go from 8 5* over 2 yrs to 10 5* over 2 yrs to almost going to no limit on 5* again. I don't like the 10 5* over 2 yrs or the no limit. Hawk, you looked at scout.com, if you noticed on Scout.com they have 50 5* caliber players on their list every year. Pretty much the top 50 players are considered 5* by them. Well there ain't 50 5* on the game. There was 34 last year and I'd venture to say there's 30-40 5* caliber players each year. That's more in line with what they do at Rivals. com. And at Rivals.com, there was no team that had more than 4 5* caliber players in a year except for USC that one year. There were some teams that had 4 5* caliber players over multiple years, hence the reason for the 8 5* over 2 yrs rule. I know the new guys ain't gonna say much, but it's funny that the people with the most to gain by circumventing this(Urban with his 10 over 2 yrs and Hawk with his no limit) are the ones advocating this the most. I'm not advocating the shit. I'm still on the 8 5* over 2 yrs. If you want to make it easy Urbs, we can do know more than 4 5* per year. That's jsut as easy as 5 5* per year and it stayys within the 8 5* every 2 yrs rule. I gotta go, but best believe I got more to say on this. All you guys don't get suckered into agreeing to some bullshit, by the people that benefit the most from it. I am showing the reasoning behind the 8 5* every 2 yrs. It's the most realistic way to represent what happens in real life at least in recent history.

I agree with you Spliff. I was hollering about 5* limits 3 seasons ago, I was happy when you looked up some shit and put some logic behind my rants.......now keeping this in mind follow me down....

dclark44 wrote:From an outsider I feel I should voice my opinion for the the recruiting. Both sides have a valid point for recruiting limits etc. How many more season do you plan to get in before 12 though? 3? 4? I don't think you should implement the new rule just yet. We should wait until 12 comes out then if the recruiting still has a bias against a few teams, then create the rule of 5 per year max. That is just me voicing my opinion. Its not fair to jhawk this season.

Jared, I want you to take Bama. They are great, I don't want to brag, but they are a great fucking team thanks to me. Anyways, have a good season boys with whatever way you go.

Roll Tide

Here.....

AS for Bama, if I am allowed to take Bama I will definitely do it, their roster is strong and I love their tradition. I asked if they were available and Urban didn't say anything. Also, Rauloe had expressed interest before I did so if he wants them he should take them asap in my opinion. Looking at that roster tehre are some very talented sophomore/junior backups that need top be redshirted this year and the cpu wont do it so Rauloe one of us should make that move now.

Clark brings up a good point. We probably, at the max, have about 4 seasons left before 12. I guess we gotta wonder is it worth changing up something this drastic so late in the game? Also, there is something I am going to bring up once again. I brought it up yesterday but nobody said anything. The first time I brought it up, a few weeks ago, Stop seemed to support the idea, Hawk seemed against it. I would like to voice it one more time. I am going to put it in bold because I really feel it is important.

Recruiting on Heisman is kinda gay at times. With 12 competent, competitive users aleady in the dynasty jockeying for position on the best recruits to have to worry about the CPU, who we all know can pretty much "Cheat" or magically make up serious ground on a recruit insanely fast. This whole recruiting limit thing is supposed to help the smaller schools, which basically is everyone not FLorida, Texas, or ND. Now, when I think about it, I think it has a possibility to seriously backfire. POTENTIALLY, what might happen would be the big schools get their limit, get less than they normally do, but then the CPU gets the guys that the new restrictions were designed for users to get.

I think lowering the recruiting difficulty solves big problems. User vs USer battles are exactly the same as before, but now when we need to resort to our backup plan and fill holes we have a better chance than before since the CPU wont be assraping us for those other guys. Users need talent, without it we will never see anyone else in the NC, the CPU teams might take a hit but I think thats better than users taking hits. Especially when guys like Yung and I are taking over CPU controlled teams that hav efucked up rosters and 23+ spots to fill . Thats nearly impossible on heisman

Can we PLEASE discuss this.

P.S. Last thought, unless they say anything about it in the next few weeks I doubt recruiting got touched by the devs. I didn't hear nearly enough backlash about it from the forums so the devs probably ignored it. In fact, when the game came out, a number of reviewers gave positive praise to the system. I think we will need restrictions off the bat in next years game.

P.P.S. Nobody can deny that I was only unhappy at USC because I had to start every year with 2 straight user games, I thought moving to the big 10 was supposed to solve this problem?
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:53 pm

First of all, splff, you're doing the exact same thing I did when I built Notre Dame up. You lost 1 regular season game last year, then of course the SEC Champ and bowl game but still, you had a great year. You are getting good talent on your team and fielding a competitive squad. What the hell do you want a 5* cap for? Oh and looking at Scout's projections for this years class, they have 33 guys listed as 5*s. And Rivals, along with USC's 7 in 2007, USC had 8 5*s in 2004 and Texas and Florida State both had 6 in 2002. And as far as "Don't listen to them because they're the ones who are going to benefit from it" why should we be punished for building a great team and then keeping them there? Every one of you could have done the exact same thing. If you hadn't left Cal you would be dominant with Cal right now, if you hadn't quit and left Auburn, you could have been dominant with Auburn right now. If Jared would have stuck with USC he could have been great with them. Rauloe inherited a great Ohio State team and just wasn't able to keep them at that level because he couldn't win at first.

The problem here isn't the great programs getting all the 5* talent. The problem is everyone else switching teams all the damn time so that they have to start over before they can reach the elite level to get those 5*s. Everyone else just needs to stick with who they got and built their team up. If you win all of your CPU games, which most everyone in here should, it's easy to get that 5th star. After that, you just need to step your game up and knock off a couple of users to finish the season in the top 5, then you're golden. It's not that complicated or hard to get to this level. We shouldn't be forced to give give you great players who otherwise you would never get because we need to level the playing field. There is a draft in the NFL to try and implement a more level playing field and that's great. But there isn't that type of system in the college game and we shouldn't try to implement an ill-conceived one.

And Jared, I dislike the idea of lowering the recruiting difficulty, but I would rather have that than institute a 5* cap if you're suggesting that. If we did that though, I think we should implement a strict 70 cap for everybody (as I believe stop suggested earlier). If we're going to ensure that we all get basically any recruit we want, we need to make it so that we can't overload our rosters and drain the CPU of all talent.

And also, I like you man, but you need to have more confidence in yourself. Stop the whole self-pity stuff with "Is it fun going to play the season when I know I'm going to lose my 4 user games? Should I quit then?" I mean seriously, you're a good user who we went through a bit of a slump. It happens to all of us. I lost 3 in a row, stop lost 3 in a row, urban lost 3 in a row, we've all been there. You just need to rediscover yourself and you'll be fine. And I know your roster with Penn State isn't the greatest right now. But it's a hell of a lot better than what I was given to start with at Notre Dame and I made it work. I know you are good enough to do the same. Just have confidence in yourself and you'll do great.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 pm

This is some funny shit. Y'all never cease to amaze me. I've been staying out of this discussion cuz I feel like most of these "restrictions" have been directed at me. I gotta fire off a couple more emails and when I'm done with work imma chime in on this recruiting fiasco.

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Ok here is my thoughts you have to be a 5star team to get a lot of 5star recruits. But I feel like we should try the rule now because by the time 12 comes out we will know which system works because it might sound good in logic but when you put it in action might he different. And bout all the team switching everybody need to pick a team and stick with them through hell and back. I understand why yall want to move but could we make it final lol I'm losing track of who got who and If anybody else move it will mess up scheduling I'm sure of that. And another thing if someone takes bama that would make the conferences extremely unbalanced. That's how I feel bout it
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:07 pm

As far as someone taking Alabama, yeah it would make the conferences unbalanced but that's no big deal as long as we can keep everyone with 4 user games which we could. Jared, if you want them, I say go ahead and take them. Then you'll have a better team and won't have to worry about playing 2 user games to start out with. Just my 2 cents.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:09 pm

But jared, I think you also start with playing UCF in week 1 if I remember right so you won't start with 2 user games as it is.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:11 pm

Honestly I am at a point where I might just step down. I feel like I fucked myself over when I left USC, and I only have myself to blame, and I am always goign to be unhappy now because I fell in love with the idea of playing with my favorite team and that was stupid. People told it was stupid, even zehp told me, multiple times, it was stupid, but I still did it. That was a dumb fucking decision.

ALright, its not healthy for me to be on the keys all day just typing bullshit.

Urban, your ethe commish. I say you rule on everything and let sbe done with it.

id rather lower the difficulty than have restrictions on 5*. If thats the choice, one or the other, thats my vote. Thats all I hav eto say.

RAULOE, do you want to take Bama? I know you said you wanted it, then reconsidered, I want you to ahve the chance to do it.

jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Honestly I am at a point where I might just step down. I feel like I fucked myself over when I left USC, and I only have myself to blame, and I am always goign to be unhappy now because I fell in love with the idea of playing with my favorite team and that was stupid. People told it was stupid, even zehp told me, multiple times, it was stupid, but I still did it. That was a dumb fucking decision.

ALright, its not healthy for me to be on the keys all day just typing bullshit.

Urban, your ethe commish. I say you rule on everything and let sbe done with it.

id rather lower the difficulty than have restrictions on 5*. If thats the choice, one or the other, thats my vote. Thats all I hav eto say.

RAULOE, do you want to take Bama? I know you said you wanted it, then reconsidered, I want you to ahve the chance to do it.

I get what you're saying, but I think you could really build up the Nittany Lions into a power; they aren't that far removed from being one. Hell they played for the National Title a couple of seasons ago. The only bad thing is that by the time you got them built up to that coveted elite status, we may be done with 12 coming out. But I still think you could do it before then. But if Rauloe doesn't want Bama, you should go ahead and roll with them if you want to play with a better team right now.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:21 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:We are gonna do it like this. 5 person limit per 5* per year. This will make it easier to keep a track of and still take away from the monster years happening. It should open up for some of the smaller schools to compete for some of the higher guys as well since we won have years of guys like me signing 10 five stars.

jhawk886 wrote:
    Jaredlib wrote:I've only got 68 as well.

Hey hawk can you clarify what our new recruiting rule is exactly?

I don't think we've got enough input from everybody to decide on which recruiting rules we're going with. We need everybody to vote on which one they prefer, the options are:

Option 1: Over any two year period, you can recruit a maximum of 8 5*s. There is the added restriction that a maximum of 5 5*s may be signed in a single year. (Example: Year 1 you only sign 2 5*s. Year 2 you can only sign 5 5*s because that is the limit in a single year. This year, year 2, you sign the maximum, 5 5*s. Year 3 you can sign a maximum of 3 5*s because you just signed 5 last year. You sign 2 5*s. Year 4 you can again only sign 5 5*s even though you only signed 2 last year.) This system is set up so that you can sign 8 5*s over two years, but it may make it so that you can't because of the single year limit.

Option 2: Over any two year period, you can recruit a maximum of 8 5*s. There are no other restrictions with this option. (Example: Year 1 you sign 2 5*s. Year 2 you sign 6 5*s. Year 3 you are limited to 2 5*s because you signed 6 last year. Year 4 you sign 3 5*s.) This system may also result in you not getting the full 8 5*s over two years because you may not be able to fill your quota for year 2 of the 2-year phase if you had very few 5*s the year before.

Both options have merit and I like both. I personally prefer Option 2 even though I suggested Option 1. Option 2 allows you the option to get that killer 5* class if you have the opportunity too, and then you are limited the next year. Both are good systems though, give us your votes.

Ok I don't know where to start really but here we go.

Overall I would have to say that I agree with hawk. I don't think that capping 5*s is the answer but i could never be the first to bring that up without WWIII starting up in here. I did the research and its totally possible for a big school to haul in way more than 4 5*s in one season. 4 per year is pretty harsh when u see a school like usc haul in 17 in a three year period.

That being said I had no objection to implementing restrictions because after looking at the numbers, its extremely rare for any school to get 4 5*s let alone 12. Most seasons no team would sign more than 4. On this end I agree with Splff. A cap of 5 5*s seems totally realistic.

My problem with the current restrictions is that they hurt everybody except the cpu and in my opinion they hurt the up and comers even more. That's why i proposed that if you didnt sign the max # of 5* players they would carry over. That way when you built up to 5* you could enjoy one or two big recruiting classes that we all have been free to enjoy up until this point. The teams that had been getting 5*s all along would be capped but if you didn't already have a bunch of 5s on your roster this would help you catch up.

The idea of a 70 hard cap for 6 star schools is the way to go in my opinion. Its a major hinderance to have 3 less schollys to deal with. All the talk is on 5 star players but many of them come in rated way lower than the good 4 stars and even the top 3 stars. Having 3 less schollys really starts to spread some talent rather then allowing us to take all the good 4 and 3 stars that would have gone to other schools. Heck a lot of the top rated players at their positions are only 4 star and there are many 5s that should really be 4s or even 3s.

To me once everybody said they were ok with restrictions and the commish gave word that we would be capped @ 5 the rule was in effect. I put my board together under those rules and left many 5 stars off my list as painful as it was. I think it kinda sucks to change the rules back just because one user feels it will hinder him in recruiting. That was the idea behind the restrictions. But i guess in some peoples minds UT and UF would be the only teams that would be affected.

Whatever ya'll decide I'm cool wit. There are only a couple seasons left so to me a lot of these kids we are signing now may never even see the field. It's really no big deal. My team is already A+ in every category so im not gonna cry about the quality of my classes. That would be ridiculous. As long as I continue to win like I have every single season, I'm sure I'll be able to recruit well enough to stay there no matter what the restrictions are.

Somebody please just decide so I can set up my board correctly.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:27 pm

That's a good post
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:34 pm

You guys kill me sometimes.

Jared if hawk can get you Georgia and not fuck up the schedules I'm fine with it. I didn't have time before work after working out and reading all this shit. I would prefer you stay in the big 10 for conference balance.

As far as recruiting, this is getting nuts. We can either go with the 5 per year or nothing at all. You guys vote, play for it, whatever...let's just quit talking about it.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Alright......

I vote yearly cap.

See you guys in season.....please don't run it up on me. Im serious.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Alright......

I vote yearly cap.

See you guys in season.....please don't run it up on me. Im serious.

I vote cap at 5 like the commish said before we looked at recruiting.
    dipsh
    dipsh

Post by dipsh on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:04 pm

I vote with the majority because I really couldn't care less.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Hawk I know u got real shot to worry about, but if you do have a free minute or two I would be very grateful if u could look at my schedule for me and see if u can fix it like urban said. If not then ill live
    pops21kid

Post by pops21kid on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:36 pm

I vote cap

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 24, 2019 3:07 am