Class of 2017 Recruiting

    jhawk886
    jhawk886

    Posts : 2724
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Kansas

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by jhawk886 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:14 pm

    Recruiting Rankings Update:

    1) Notre Dame = 191.71 (9 5*s, 4 4*s)
    2) Ohio State = 165.13 (1 5*, 6 4*s, 3 3*s)
    3) USC = 121.81 (3 5*s, 6 4*s, 1 3*)
    4) Auburn = 93.37 (3 5*s, 5 4*s, 1 3*)
    5) Cal = 79.57 (6 4*s, 2 3*s)
    6) Florida = 78.18 (3 5*s, 4 4*s)
    7) Florida State = 77.73 (1 5*, 9 4*s, 1 3*)
    8 ) Texas = 71.15 (3 5*s, 2 4*s)
    9) Alabama = 67.13 (1 5*, 4 4*s, 1 3*)
    10) Miami = 65.18 (1 5*, 4 4*s, 3 3*s)
    11) Michigan = 37.95 (1 4*, 4 3*s, 1 2*, 1 1*)
    12) Oklahoma = 26.68 (1 5*, 1 4*, 2 3*s)
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

    Posts : 2724
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Kansas

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by jhawk886 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:17 pm

    By the way, Rauloe, you've signed your limit of recruits. Make sure you take everyone off you board so that you cancel their scholarship offers and make sure you have recruiting assistance set to off.

    It's too bad, you were probably going to get that 4* DE but now it looks like I'll grab him.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

    Posts : 5695
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-11-27
    Age : 69
    Location : afganistan

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by Jaredlib on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:23 pm

    I signed three guys I really wanted. The #1 athlete who will be used similarly to Dexter mccluster as a wr/rb combo player. The #6 wr. He is slow but quick off the line and can etch. Will be a slot receiver. The four star corner has decent speed and good man/press skills. Will be an impact player in 2 years.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

    Posts : 2724
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Kansas

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by jhawk886 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:28 pm

    Unfortunately for me, I got studs in positions that I don't really need and couldn't get players in positions where I actually need them.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

    Posts : 5695
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-11-27
    Age : 69
    Location : afganistan

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by Jaredlib on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:31 pm

    U know hawk...you locked some.good ends.up already no harm in droppig the remaining 4* one.for me to sign Very Happy
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

    Posts : 2724
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Kansas

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by jhawk886 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:35 pm

    Jaredlib wrote:U know hawk...you locked some.good ends.up already no harm in droppig the remaining 4* one.for me to sign Very Happy
    Haha, he's got good speed and acceleration, better than my 2 5* guys in fact. So sorry I'm still gonna try and get him. Good luck though. If you beat me out for him I won't be too upset. Unless of course he has a good game against me. Razz
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

    Posts : 5695
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-11-27
    Age : 69
    Location : afganistan

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by Jaredlib on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 pm

    Based off that list stop still can potentially pull in a great class
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

    Posts : 4212
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 35

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by urbanslegend05 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:45 pm

    jhawk886 wrote:Recruiting Rankings Update:

    1) Notre Dame = 191.71 (9 5*s, 4 4*s)
    2) Ohio State = 165.13 (1 5*, 6 4*s, 3 3*s)
    3) USC = 121.81 (3 5*s, 6 4*s, 1 3*)
    4) Auburn = 93.37 (3 5*s, 5 4*s, 1 3*)
    5) Cal = 79.57 (6 4*s, 2 3*s)
    6) Florida = 78.18 (3 5*s, 4 4*s)
    7) Florida State = 77.73 (1 5*, 9 4*s, 1 3*)
    8 ) Texas = 71.15 (3 5*s, 2 4*s)
    9) Alabama = 67.13 (1 5*, 4 4*s, 1 3*)
    10) Miami = 65.18 (1 5*, 4 4*s, 3 3*s)
    11) Michigan = 37.95 (1 4*, 4 3*s, 1 2*, 1 1*)
    12) Oklahoma = 26.68 (1 5*, 1 4*, 2 3*s)

    Think the formula needs slight reworking again. Doesn't make sense to me that FSU is ranked 7 and OSU is 2. FSU has 9 4*s compared to OSU's 6 and they both have the same number of 5*s. I think that there should be another dropoff for the 3*s, like you had for the 5*s.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

    Posts : 2724
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Kansas

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by jhawk886 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:55 pm

    urbanslegend05 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:Recruiting Rankings Update:

    1) Notre Dame = 191.71 (9 5*s, 4 4*s)
    2) Ohio State = 165.13 (1 5*, 6 4*s, 3 3*s)
    3) USC = 121.81 (3 5*s, 6 4*s, 1 3*)
    4) Auburn = 93.37 (3 5*s, 5 4*s, 1 3*)
    5) Cal = 79.57 (6 4*s, 2 3*s)
    6) Florida = 78.18 (3 5*s, 4 4*s)
    7) Florida State = 77.73 (1 5*, 9 4*s, 1 3*)
    8 ) Texas = 71.15 (3 5*s, 2 4*s)
    9) Alabama = 67.13 (1 5*, 4 4*s, 1 3*)
    10) Miami = 65.18 (1 5*, 4 4*s, 3 3*s)
    11) Michigan = 37.95 (1 4*, 4 3*s, 1 2*, 1 1*)
    12) Oklahoma = 26.68 (1 5*, 1 4*, 2 3*s)

    Think the formula needs slight reworking again. Doesn't make sense to me that FSU is ranked 7 and OSU is 2. FSU has 9 4*s compared to OSU's 6 and they both have the same number of 5*s. I think that there should be another dropoff for the 3*s, like you had for the 5*s.
    It's because it's relative to how many scholarships you have available. Ohio State at this point has a FULL class while Florida State hasn't even filled up half their class yet. Because I'm basing it on the number of scholarships available, the closer you you get to filling up your class and meeting your "needs", the higher ranked your class is. That's why at the moment OSU and ND are ranked so high because OSU is filled out and I almost am. Once everybody else gets closer to full classes, we'll be able to really compare who brought in the best class relative to their situation.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

    Posts : 4212
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 35

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by urbanslegend05 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:59 pm

    Oh, OK. That makes more sense now. I was thinking to myself, I would much rather have FSU's class at this point, but I see the logic behind it now.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

    Posts : 1742
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 107

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by stoptherun on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:05 pm

    Splff that QB u got coming in looks like a beast!
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

    Posts : 4212
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 35

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by urbanslegend05 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm

    stoptherun wrote:Splff that QB u got coming in looks like a beast!

    Yeah, he does. I spent an hour on him every week and had him at the top of my board a lot of the year, but he wouldn't budge. Guy will probably beat me a couple of times.
    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by splff3000 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:18 pm

    urbanslegend05 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:Splff that QB u got coming in looks like a beast!

    Yeah, he does. I spent an hour on him every week and had him at the top of my board a lot of the year, but he wouldn't budge. Guy will probably beat me a couple of times.

    Guy had me first at the beginning of the year and was almost to stage 5. I offered a scholly and made a few calls in week 1 and he was already green for me. I thought I had fucked up by scheduling him for a week 7 visit. I thought you might swoop in and take him in week 6 with your visit. Damn glad he decided to stay with me. Wanna hear something that's gonna make you mad? I had him in at #6 or #7 on my board for most of the season and I never used more than 50 min on him. Towards the end I was only using 40 min lol. What can I say, the boy just wanted to go to Auburn. You not gonna see him just yet. Hes gonna redshirt for sure because I have a more than capable starter for next season. I also want to sure up a few other positions so that he has the best opportunity to win when he comes in.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

    Posts : 2724
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Kansas

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by jhawk886 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 pm

    Recruiting Rankings Update:

    1) Notre Dame = 208.18 (10 5*s, 4 4*s)
    2) Ohio State = 165.13 (1 5*, 6 4*s, 3 3*s)
    3) USC = 121.81 (3 5*s, 6 4*s, 1 3*)
    4) Auburn = 105.58 (3 5*s, 5 4*s, 3 3*s)
    5) Texas = 104.9 (5 5*s, 2 4*s)
    6) Florida = 87.33 (3 5*s, 5 4*s)
    7) Cal = 86.75 (6 4*s, 3 3*s)
    8 ) Florida State = 82.32 (1 5*, 9 4*s, 2 3*s)
    9) Miami = 73.87 (1 5*, 5 4*s, 3 3*s)
    10) Alabama = 67.13 (1 5*, 4 4*s, 1 3*)
    11) Michigan = 49.43 (1 4*, 6 3*s, 1 2*, 1 1*)
    12) Oklahoma = 33.63 (1 5*, 2 4*s, 2 3*s)
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

    Posts : 2724
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Kansas

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by jhawk886 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:02 am

    Recruiting Rankings Update - Week 11:

    1) Notre Dame = 208.18 (10 5*s, 4 4*s)
    2) Ohio State = 165.13 (1 5*, 6 4*s, 3 3*s)
    3) Texas = 164.37 (8 5*s, 3 4*s)
    4) USC = 132.68 (3 5*s, 7 4*s, 1 3*)
    5) Auburn = 117.53 (3 5*s, 5 4*s, 5 3*s)
    6) Florida = 108.56 (3 5*s, 6 4*s, 2 3*s)
    7) Florida State = 86.91 (1 5*, 9 4*s, 3 3*s)
    8 ) Cal = 86.75 (6 4*s, 3 3*s)
    9) Miami = 79.61 (1 5*, 5 4*s, 4 3*s)
    10) Alabama = 78 (1 5*, 5 4*s, 1 3*)
    11) Michigan = 60.91 (1 4*, 8 3*s, 1 2*, 1 1*)
    12) Oklahoma = 44.17 (2 5*, 2 4*s, 2 3*s)
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

    Posts : 1742
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 107

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by stoptherun on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:16 am

    I'm still behind Ohio St.? Really??
    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by splff3000 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:40 am

    jhawk886 wrote:Recruiting Rankings Update - Week 11:

    1) Notre Dame = 208.18 (10 5*s, 4 4*s)
    2) Ohio State = 165.13 (1 5*, 6 4*s, 3 3*s)
    3) Texas = 164.37 (8 5*s, 3 4*s)
    4) USC = 132.68 (3 5*s, 7 4*s, 1 3*)
    5) Auburn = 117.53 (3 5*s, 5 4*s, 5 3*s)
    6) Florida = 108.56 (3 5*s, 6 4*s, 2 3*s)
    7) Florida State = 86.91 (1 5*, 9 4*s, 3 3*s)
    8 ) Cal = 86.75 (6 4*s, 3 3*s)
    9) Miami = 79.61 (1 5*, 5 4*s, 4 3*s)
    10) Alabama = 78 (1 5*, 5 4*s, 1 3*)
    11) Michigan = 60.91 (1 4*, 8 3*s, 1 2*, 1 1*)
    12) Oklahoma = 44.17 (2 5*, 2 4*s, 2 3*s)

    Looks like my need for good juco talent is hurting my recruiting class. That's alright though. Now that we got a few jucos to come in and start right away we'll be able to focus on the true freshmen next year.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

    Posts : 5695
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-11-27
    Age : 69
    Location : afganistan

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by Jaredlib on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:18 pm

    That's the thing spliff head rankings can be misleadin because hose 3 star buck transfers come inrated 86 and play right away.

    God damn though, his did texas rebound to nab 8 blue chips
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

    Posts : 2724
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Kansas

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by jhawk886 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:29 pm

    stoptherun wrote:I'm still behind Ohio St.? Really??
    It's because while Ohio State has met every need he has (he filled all of his available scholarships), you still have five scholarships available. That's also why Joker and Ho's classes are ranked so low, because they have so many available scholarships left still.

    I'm using the number of available scholarships as a common denominator to evaluate everyone's classes. The more available scholarships you have = the more holes your team needs to fill next year for depth. Because of this, when you start out having more open scholly's each recruit you sign is worth less on a point system because it's more about bodies filling the holes at that point. Joker may have gotten a couple of studs, but when he still has 19 scholly's left open, that leaves so many gaping holes on his team that won't have great depth.

    I know this system isn't perfect, but the idea is to evaluate how everyone did based on their current situation. Ohio State only had 10 scholarships available so they could focus more on getting studs because they didn't need to fill so many positions. Everybody else except for Florida State and Oklahoma were somewhere in the middle needing both quality and quantity of recruits.

    In this system it is ALWAYS best to use all of your available scholarships; even if you fill it out with three stars. For you stop, one 1* would push you to the better class over Ohio State. I know you may feel like you have met most of your critical needs so you don't need to fill out with lesser recruits, but this system would still say that you should.

    The best score anyone can get is a 263.5. You can only get that if you fill up all of your available scholarships with nothing but 5*s.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

    Posts : 5695
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-11-27
    Age : 69
    Location : afganistan

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by Jaredlib on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:38 pm

    Thanks for crunching the numbers for us hawk its cool that you set this up.
    Joker12
    Joker12

    Posts : 1552
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2010-08-24
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by Joker12 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:44 pm

    Gaping holes on my team next year is a huge understatement lol.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

    Posts : 1742
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 107

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by stoptherun on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:06 pm

    jhawk886 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:I'm still behind Ohio St.? Really??
    It's because while Ohio State has met every need he has (he filled all of his available scholarships), you still have five scholarships available. That's also why Joker and Ho's classes are ranked so low, because they have so many available scholarships left still.

    I'm using the number of available scholarships as a common denominator to evaluate everyone's classes. The more available scholarships you have = the more holes your team needs to fill next year for depth. Because of this, when you start out having more open scholly's each recruit you sign is worth less on a point system because it's more about bodies filling the holes at that point. Joker may have gotten a couple of studs, but when he still has 19 scholly's left open, that leaves so many gaping holes on his team that won't have great depth.

    I know this system isn't perfect, but the idea is to evaluate how everyone did based on their current situation. Ohio State only had 10 scholarships available so they could focus more on getting studs because they didn't need to fill so many positions. Everybody else except for Florida State and Oklahoma were somewhere in the middle needing both quality and quantity of recruits.

    In this system it is ALWAYS best to use all of your available scholarships; even if you fill it out with three stars. For you stop, one 1* would push you to the better class over Ohio State. I know you may feel like you have met most of your critical needs so you don't need to fill out with lesser recruits, but this system would still say that you should.

    The best score anyone can get is a 263.5. You can only get that if you fill up all of your available scholarships with nothing but 5*s.

    Oh I'm just fukkin wit cha hawk. U explained the system earlier and it's great. I'm just stirring the pot a little...
    splff3000
    splff3000

    Posts : 6181
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 40

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by splff3000 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:39 pm

    splff3000 wrote:Auburn's recruiting class is coming along nicely so far(week 7).

    Hard committed recruits:


    - Lawrence Parker (SS) 6'3 209 - Depending on his rating when he come in, Parker may redshirt or he may get on the field immediately. We need help in the secondary so it's very likely he may start as a true freshman. He has decent speed and the good man coverage skill that I covet. The real thing that I love is his B- block shedding, B- pursuit, and his B- hit power. That means he will be knocking fools out real soon.

    - Robert Johnson (WR) 6'3 183 - He will definitely see the field this year. Other than my top 3 WRs, my WR corp leaves a lot to be desired. He has pretty average receiving skills with C- to C+ ratings in all those categories but what will help get on the field is his A acceleration and B+ speed. His size will be an asset as well in tight spaces.

    - Bill Booker (TE) 6'4 267 - He has average size for a TE but he will be an asset with his B speed. He may redshirt his freshman year to work on his impact blocking and blocking skills more, but we think he may be a college football star in waiting. If he can progress his all C's receiving skills and his impact blocking, he will definitely be a force to reckon with.

    - Brandon Montgomery (DT) 6'3 310 - We were surprised that we were able to sign him without a visit. He had already visited FSU in week 3 and moved them to no. 1 shortly after that. I guess he wasn't impressed with their recruiting tactics afterwards and decided to go ahead and sign with his initial first choice. Montgomery his strong and quick. His C- speed and C- acceleration along with B- strength and B power moves will surely gives O-lines fits in the future. Hie's a good tackler with a B- rating, but he's not really a powerful hitter with his C- hit power rating. He will definitely redshirt because we are already deep at DT.

    - Dwayne Burke (DE) 6'4 195 - Burke just instant committed this week during a phone call. He has had Auburn no.1 since the beginning of the season and since no one else was recruiting him, he decided not to wait for the visit and just committed instantly. He has that speed that I covet with a B rating in that category. He has very good moves, block shedding and hit power with a C+ to B- in all those categories. He's not an exceptionally strong tackler, but because of our depth at DE he will redshirt and hopefully work on that before getting on the field.

    Week 7 is a very important week for me recruiting wise because the rest of my initial recruits are coming to visit this week. If I get a lot of commits this week, that will free up time to go after a few non- interested recruits. If not, I'll have to scour the recruiting pool to look for replacements for those that didn't sign.

    BTW - nice rating system jhawk.

    My recruiting class has turned out quite well. If I didn't get another recruit, I'd be satisfied with what I have(week 11).

    Hard committed recruits:

    - Dan Wilkinson(DT) 6'3 283 - Wilkinson will probably redshirt just like Montgomery. These 2 will hopefully anchor the middle of Auburn's D-line in the future. While Montgomery is quick, Wilkinson is strong. He has B strength with B+ power moves. His B- tackle and B- hit power means that opposing offensive players will definitely feel when he hits them. Hopefully the combo of quick vs power at DT will make Auburn's interior line a force to be reckoned with.

    - Joe Johnson(ATH) 6'4 181 - There is a debate in inner circles as to whether Johnson will come in as a FS or as a CB. At 6'4 he'd be deadly as a CB in coverage, but we need help at FS too. His coverage skills are not a question as he will come in with B ratings in man and zone coverage. His A speed will allow him to cover a lot of the field at FS as well. The only issue is his tackling has only a D rating. It is imperative that safeties in this defensive scheme be able to tackle as they are usually left one on one with a defender because of the aggressive nature of the defense. Another option is redshirting him at FS and bring him and Lawrence Parker onto the field at the same time as redshirt freshmen. Whatever happens, I have no doubt that Joe johnson will be a big part of our defense in a few years.

    - Brett Morris(QB) 6'5 217 - Brett Morris has been has already been anointed the QB of the future. he will sure ly redshirt his first year to get a better grasp of the offense and to allow more time to get some more skilled players into positions at Auburn. Morris's B speed, B+ acceleration, A agility, and A elusiveness means that defenses will have their hands full trying to slow down this scrambler. The B+ throwing power with the B- throwing accuracy makes him truly a double threat. Hopefully, Morris can work on his B stamina while he's redshirting otherwise, all that speed might before naught.

    - Sean Galloway(CB) 6'0 164 - Galloway is a 3* Juco CB who will step on the field and help our secondary immediately. He should be starting on opening day. His B+ speed is decent but what will help most is his B+ man and zone coverage and his B- press rating.

    - Nick Herring(QB) 6'2 192 - Herring is another 3* Juco that is expected to come in and contribute right away. He is just a juco sophomore though. He will most likely instantly take over as the back up to David Fox next year when he takes over. He has good speed for a Qb with a B- rating. His throwing power is good too with a B rating but his accuracy need works with just a C rating. Even though he's the backup, he may see the field often to run the option to prevent injury to David Fox.

    - Aaron Austin(G) 6'6 311 - Austin will most likely be starting right away next year. He is yet another 3* juco that is expected to contribute immediate next year. He is most likely gonna take over the left guard spot. Austin has C+ - B- ratings in most blocking categories and the B+ acceleration should be perfect for getting out on this sweeps and kick blocks that this offense utilizes. His presence should allow for some other young o-lineman to redshirt to get some experience.

    - Corey Eaton(MLB) 6'0 255 - Eaton fills a need at the MLB position. He is another one of the 3 juco players that Auburn expects to contribute right away. He will be the backup MLB and the 2nd MLB n the 3-4 and 2-4-5 defense. Eaton has decent C to C+ stats in most categories pertaining to LB and his B speed should be an asset to the defense. The key thing is that Eaton provides good depth at a position that needed it.

    - Dan Hall(OLB) 6'4 220 - Dan Hall is a 3* OLB, but unlike the previous 3* recruits we have, Hall is not a juco. We took a chance on him because he looks to fit our system with some good training. His categories that he was rated low in weren't necessarily needed at his position. His B speed with A acceleration will be his biggest asset. He will need training to bring up his C tackle, C block shed, and C pursuit. His C+ strength and C+ hit power should be useful once he gets some training. He will definitely redshirt his first year to develop a little more.

    Like I said earlier, I really like my class so far. Hopefully we can get a few more players to really add some more talent to the team.

    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

    Posts : 1320
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2010-08-24

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by jusblaze09 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:11 pm

    I'm waiting for this one recruit to commit before I give a full update on my class. Think I got the sleeper of all sleepers.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

    Posts : 2724
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2010-08-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Kansas

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by jhawk886 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 am

    Recruiting Rankings Update - Week 12:

    1) Notre Dame = 208.18 (10 5*s, 4 4*s)
    2) Ohio State = 165.13 (1 5*, 6 4*s, 3 3*s)
    3) Texas = 164.37 (8 5*s, 3 4*s)
    4) USC = 139.86 (3 5*s, 7 4*s, 2 3*s)
    5) Auburn = 117.53 (3 5*s, 5 4*s, 5 3*s)
    6) Florida = 108.56 (3 5*s, 6 4*s, 2 3*s)
    7) Florida State = 86.91 (1 5*, 9 4*s, 3 3*s)
    8 ) Cal = 86.75 (6 4*s, 3 3*s)
    9) Miami = 79.61 (1 5*, 5 4*s, 4 3*s)
    10) Alabama = 78 (1 5*, 5 4*s, 1 3*)
    11) Michigan = 72.39 (1 4*, 10 3*s, 1 2*, 1 1*)
    12) Oklahoma = 44.17 (2 5*, 2 4*s, 2 3*s)

    Sponsored content

    Class of 2017 Recruiting - Page 3 Empty Re: Class of 2017 Recruiting

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed May 22, 2019 4:59 am