Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Joker12
    Joker12

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by Joker12 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Oklahoma goes into Ohio and wins a battle, 23-10. The game started off strong for the Buckeyes as they forced Stephen Jones to fumble on his 3rd carry of the game. It was only Jones' 2nd fumble of the season. They made quick work of the turnover and took an early 7-0 lead. Oklahoma soon answered to tie the game at 7. Ohio State then put together a 17 play drive but were only able to get a field goal. Oklahoma added a field goal before half to tie the game at 10 going into the third quarter. Disaster struck Ohio State on their opening play as John Williams fumbled and Maurice Barber recovered. Jones would score 3 plays later and Oklahoma never looked back, adding two late field goals to win 23-10.

The difference in the second half was the Oklahoma defense which did not allow a first down until late in the 4th quarter. They held Ohio State to just 129 yards of offense and 7 first downs the entire game, while holding them to a 2-9 3rd down conversion percentage. Quinton Young threw for 161 yards and a score while Jones added 72 rushing yards and 5 catches to go with a rushing touchdown.

Good game Rauloe, real defensive battle like I thought it would be, you just didn't have enough guys on offense due to those 2 injuries to put up points in the second half.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Videos posted if anyone is interested.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Just looked at some numbers and the Sooners defense only gave up 13 yards, 1 1st down, forced 2 turnovers and held Ohio State's QB to 2/11 in the second half.

Defense stepped up big time. Definitely the difference.
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Ohio State cant pull off the upset against the Sooners loosing 23-10. The Defense came to play, but the struggling offense reared its ugly head again and only manged 10 points at home. The defense held OU to 270 yards of total offense, but only managed 129 yards itself. A key fumble in BuckEye territory was the key to the game turning around said associate coach Leroy Stokes. Buckeyes end the season 9-4 with four losses to Top Ranked Teams. "Said of Coach Rauloe, "Its like this, you gotta beat the best to be the best. I think our team did well this Season with all the injuries, and losses we had on the offensive side of the ball, we was lucky to win dem damn 5 games bytches.. We are looking forward to playing in a bowl game and getting into the off-season to improve our team mentally and physically." Asst Coach LeRoy Stokes also said of the Sooners, "They are very talented and deserved the ranking they have. Im just pissed cuase they was the last team to beat us at home 2 years ago. Aint that a bytch nah."
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Joker12 wrote:Oklahoma goes into Ohio and wins a battle, 23-10. The game started off strong for the Buckeyes as they forced Stephen Jones to fumble on his 3rd carry of the game. It was only Jones' 2nd fumble of the season. They made quick work of the turnover and took an early 7-0 lead. Oklahoma soon answered to tie the game at 7. Ohio State then put together a 17 play drive but were only able to get a field goal. Oklahoma added a field goal before half to tie the game at 10 going into the third quarter. Disaster struck Ohio State on their opening play as John Williams fumbled and Maurice Barber recovered. Jones would score 3 plays later and Oklahoma never looked back, adding two late field goals to win 23-10.

The difference in the second half was the Oklahoma defense which did not allow a first down until late in the 4th quarter. They held Ohio State to just 129 yards of offense and 7 first downs the entire game, while holding them to a 2-9 3rd down conversion percentage. Quinton Young threw for 161 yards and a score while Jones added 72 rushing yards and 5 catches to go with a rushing touchdown.

Good game Rauloe, real defensive battle like I thought it would be, you just didn't have enough guys on offense due to those 2 injuries to put up points in the second half.

Yeap, i could not get anything going at all in the 2nd half and that put the defense in a hole. I like the QB, Young, He threw 2 perfect passes right out of my hands reach. Good game Joker...
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:59 pm

So now that the season is about over, I figured a little BCS speculation is in order. By my calculation, there are 7 out of the 10 spots that are secured. Those seven teams with secured BCS spots are:

1) USC (PAC-10 Champion)
    2) Oklahoma (Big 12 Champion)
    3) Penn State (Big 10 Champion)
    4) West Virginia (Big East Champion)
    5) Florida (At-Large [at minimum])
    6) Notre Dame (At Large)
    7) Texas (At Large)

The three remaining spots will be decided between 7 teams. One of them will be for the ACC Championship, and the other 2 will be for at large berths (with the potential of one of them going to Alabama if Clark upsets Urban) .

8) Virginia Tech/Florida State (ACC Champion)
    9) TCU/Auburn (At Large)/Alabama (Potential SEC Champion)
    10) Cal/Boise State (At Large)

I expect the two final at large spots to go to TCU and Cal as they should win out, but anything is possible.

Good Luck to all BCS hopefuls!
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:03 pm

This also assumes Joker gets by Nebraska in the Title Game but I don't expect an upset there.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:04 pm

Interesting stuff hawk. Cool to know who will be in there. There's also a potential rematch in the works if FSU beats VT for the ACC title, bc that would probably pit Notre Dame vs. FSU in the Orange Bowl.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:27 pm

I think the at-large order this year is Fiesta/Orange/Sugar so At-large picks will go like this (if the rankings hold up and this is including WV since they will be picked last no matter what):

Sugar Bowl Replacement for Florida: TCU
    Rose Bowl Replacement for USC: Cal
    Fiesta Bowl At-Large: ND (a 3-loss ACC team is not getting an at-large bid)
    Orange Bowl At-Large: Texas

Now if Florida slips up this week, you just replace the Sugar Bowl with the Fiesta Bowl for TCU. If Florida slips up in the SEC title game, Texas will more than likely fall out of the BCS. If Oklahoma is handed the Heisman buzzsaw game in the Big 12 title game, Texas will fall out of the BCS. If both lose in their title games, then hell breaks loose. The BCS might shape out like this

BCS Title game: USC vs TCU
    Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs WVU
    Orange Bowl: FSU/VT vs Oklahoma
    Fiesta Bowl: Nebraska vs Florida
    Rose Bowl: PSU vs Cal

Safe to say nothing is set yet.
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:28 pm

You gonna have at least 2 big 10 teams in there im thinking. Not sure if IOWA or PENN State will get it, but im intrested in that ACC Title game as well as the SEC title game... Gonna prove big for recruiting next season. Bowl season shud be very intresting this time around....
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 pm

It's impossible for the B1G to have 2 teams seeing as their is at least 8 auto bids this year (TCU and ND have to be picked because of where they are ranked). If TCU loses, then that opens the door maybe, but it's a real slim chance.

TCU is actually more safer than Florida to make it in the BCS. If Urban loses these last two, he's not getting an at-large bid.
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:36 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:It's impossible for the B1G to have 2 teams seeing as their is at least 8 auto bids this year (TCU and ND have to be picked because of where they are ranked). If TCU loses, then that opens the door maybe, but it's a real slim chance.

TCU is actually more safer than Florida to make it in the BCS. If Urban loses these last two, he's not getting an at-large bid.

Word....
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:39 pm

This year is really messed up because an non-AQ is getting in no matter what (WVU is not ranked, so someone is higher than the Big East Champion). It's either going to be TCU (two cupcakes left) or Boise it looks like. Payne not pulling out a user game messed it up.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Well you guys don't have to worry about me losing the last two games. I'm gonna go ahead and win them both so that I don't give the AI a headache.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:50 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Well you guys don't have to worry about me losing the last two games. I'm gonna go ahead and win them both so that I don't give the AI a headache.
    Sounds like a third SEC for me
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:52 pm

What time is UF/FSU kicking off so I know when I need to be on to recruit next week and advance to CCGs ASAP.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Urban, when are you thinking about playing me? Or do you wanna sim it? Computer will give me a harder game than you would
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:10 pm

We are gonna play after I get off work if we can connect. If not, tomorrow before I go to work as he is off.

Clark I haven't given much thought to bama yet. Figured I needed to pay more attention to fsu after last nights game.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:13 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:We are gonna play after I get off work if we can connect. If not, tomorrow before I go to work as he is off.

Clark I haven't given much thought to bama yet. Figured I needed to pay more attention to fsu after last nights game.
    Thinking about how you are going to play offense and defense on both teams?

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 2 A-hurr-derp-4
    getonmylevelho
    getonmylevelho
    Admin

Post by getonmylevelho on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:06 pm

dclark44 wrote:Quick question for urban and ho. How is urban gonna play both sides against ho? They play each other this week and urban likes playing hos games so how is he gonna play for both this week?

I am coming forward and speaking my voice because in my eyes, I was cheated and didn't get a fair fight against ho. I played a game last night, where two users were in the same building at the same time a game was played. How do we know that urban did not play for ho? Ho threw the ball 13 times, when his qb leads the league in passing yards. He ran with his qb just like a certain urban would. This leads me to believe that ho actually didn't play his game last night that it was urban. Ho may have played defense, very conservative man defense, not a lot of blitzes. Ho lost to jhawk badly, I would put my game on the same level as jhawk and ho got killed by him.

Please for a moment, look at the stats against jhawk, ho threw the ball 34 times. Yes you heard me right, 34 times. Against me, a simple 13. 13 and 34 by my count is 21 different.

I believe that urban played at least offense for ho. I know people are going to say, you have no evidence that urban played etc., but ladies and gentlemen of the jury, look at the game stats. Very different from one user game to the next. I don't get beat very often, but this game felt like my line was doing nothing. I know I don't have the best defense in the game, but my front 7 are pretty damn good considering I have 99 and 92 dts. So it would make more sense to pass the ball more to escape those two guys. Ho is a passing guy, do we really think he is intelligent enough to change up his entire gameplan and go from a heavily based pass team to a run team in a matter of one game?

So in conclusion, I feel like I was cheated a game, urban was the first to post about the game last night. He was with ho the entire time, even if it were one play, or maybe one drive, heck even a quarter, would that not be unfair to the opponent, in this case, me? The day jhawk played ho, urban was at work, and couldn't come to hos rescue, perhaps I am on to something...

Please, chime in on your take of the situation.

And, good game jhawk, just didn't really care after feeling I was cheated.

Hahahaha. Thanks for the credit. I guess this is better than the ALL CAPS RANT that I got last time I put the beatdown on you. And way to downplay your second defeat in 12 hours at the end there. Who knows what it's going to be after losing to urb in the sec championship??

And while jhawk did smoke me this year at his place, I beat him in Tallahassee the last time we faced...so I don't see your reasoning behind pointing that out. Everybody has a game where they get their ass beat..yours just came last night.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:55 am

Grace in defeat is hard to come by
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:36 am

I aint hating or trynna drop dime, but that Rb Bolen from UF needs to take a pee in the cup. Aint no way in the hell thats a 21 years old. I mean WTF? you seen that kid ? Looks like Greg Oden and LeBron James nephew for real. I mean, come on...

Or maybe its the Vitamin Water..

urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:39 am

Bolen and Florida are taking the field now at a rain-soaked Swamp in Gainesville.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:40 am

Rauloe wrote:I aint hating or trynna drop dime, but that Rb Bolen from UF needs to take a pee in the cup. Aint no way in the hell thats a 21 years old. I mean WTF? you seen that kid ? Looks like Greg Oden and LeBron James nephew for real. I mean, come on...

Mike Rodriguez was just as much of a stud for the Irish..Unfortunately, I won't have him for my bowl game as Clark knocked him out for the rest of the season. If I draw a user, I could be in for a looooong game.
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:47 am

jhawk886 wrote:
    Rauloe wrote:I aint hating or trynna drop dime, but that Rb Bolen from UF needs to take a pee in the cup. Aint no way in the hell thats a 21 years old. I mean WTF? you seen that kid ? Looks like Greg Oden and LeBron James nephew for real. I mean, come on...

Mike Rodriguez was just as much of a stud for the Irish..Unfortunately, I won't have him for my bowl game as Clark knocked him out for the rest of the season. If I draw a user, I could be in for a looooong game.

both games i played against Joker and Urbs, my lil sweet thang was watching and she was like, and i qoute, "damn, you putting sum good licks on em. You need to put one him out the game." The hit i put on Bolen was late and he was put out in the 4th qtr late, and the RBs from OU, both Neil and Stephen, i had to knock one of em out to have a chance. But i still fell short in both gams. Still, make Bolen pee in the cup.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 22, 2019 12:55 pm