GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
CT21
jusblaze09
KidIcarus27
ehicks009
Joker12
jhawk886
dclark44
urbanslegend05
splff3000
13 posters

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

splff3000
    splff3000

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by splff3000 Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:44 pm

Breon6286 wrote:The Gamecocks Start Off With a Bang Under a New Regime

Just days after South Carolina fires their head coach, they were required to take the field against heavily favored Alabama. A team with apparently so much talent that they replaced 10 starters on defense with preseason all americans. Anyhoo Coach Breon had just minutes to install his depth chart and offense before the game and the biggest move had to be inserting true freshman and 5 star recruit Marcus Lattimore into the starting HB position. The two teams took to the rain soaked field and it looked rough early as Bama was nearly unstoppable getting out to 21-7 lead halfway through the 2nd quarter. Thats when Coach Breon took after his idol Mike Westhoff and said "if you fuckers on defense dont pick it up I will cut all you right on the field." After that little outburst the defense allowed only a 45 yard field goal the rest of the game. Stephen Garcia went 11-17 for 205 yards and 2 touchdowns and Marcus Lattimore scored the game winning touchdown from 5 yards out with only 19 seconds remaining. "A great win but one thing we must work on is our defensive backs hands, twice we dropped sure pick sixes and that could come back to haunt us later in the year if we dont capitalize on these opportunities."

WTF? lol How did you play a game and I haven't sent out an invite?
    Breon6286
    Breon6286

Workers 2011 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by Breon6286 Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:45 pm

i was online so i searched for workers...it wasnt private so i just nabbed south carolina and got my stuff out of the way
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Breon6286 wrote:i was online so i searched for workers...it wasnt private so i just nabbed south carolina and got my stuff out of the way

lol, nice. I guess I need to fix that lol. Don't want some random jumping in and fucking up shit.

Some random shit, the smilies on OS were much better than the ones here lol. ughhh
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:54 pm

splff3000 wrote:Some random shit, the smilies on OS were much better than the ones here lol. ughhh

No way jose :lol!:
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Alright guys, I'm out for the weekend. I'll be back on Sunday. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long on me to finish next weeks game. Any tips on facing K-State and Daniel Thomas Urbs? lol After that I have A&M so blaze when are you available? I have class Monday and Tuesday nights. Let me know what works for you. Be back on Sunday guys.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Blitz the middle....that's the only tip I'm giving you, lol.
    CT21
    CT21

Post by CT21 Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:29 pm

dda let me know when your ready
    dda
    dda

Post by dda Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:30 pm

ready in 2 min
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:05 am

Well my season is officially over. The injury bug has struck and there is no way I can recover lol. I just lost to Kentucky 38-12 lol. You wanna know how you lose to Kentucky? Here's how, it's simple math:

Auburn's Season Injury Report:

M. Fannin (starting RB) out 8 more weeks
    O. McCalebb (backup RB) out 2 more weeks
    C. Newton (starting QB) out 3 more weeks
    T. Stallworth (KR I had in palce of MCCalebb lol) out 3 more weeks

PLUS

In game injuries against Kentucky:

D. Adams (starting WR) was out for game
    M. Dyer (3rd string RB) was out for 2 qtrs(got hurt in 3rd so basically rest of game)
    Several other smaller injuries to key players throughout the game.

PLUS

Backup QB turning into a turnover machine lol. He had 3 fumbles but only lost 1 of them. The other 2 fumbles were key fumbles on scrambles for first down. One of them nobody even touched him. I dived for the out of bounds marker towards the end of the first half and he fumbled out of bounds lol. He also had 4 int's to go with those, 1 of which was my fault. The other 3 were to wide open men but either badly overthrown or underthrown right to defenders hands.

PLUS

10 drops by receivers. That's right 10!!! That's not counting the ones where a defender hit them and they dropped it. These were just straight up drops and I'll say at least 6 of them were for first downs lol. I'll even venture further to say that at least 4 or 5 of those 6 were on 3rd down that would have kept the drive going. I don't know if it was because he was a backup or what, but they just wouldn't catch the ball.

EQUALS

loss to Kentucky. Sad

It was horrible. I have never been so close to throwing my controller. One series went like this:

1st down - Over throw wide open receiver
    2nd down - drop by HB wide open in the flat
    3rd down - dropped by wide open TE 15 yds down field
    4th down - punt lol

I saw something else that really pissed me off as well. I know why the run game is so hard to stop for some people. On run plays, the defenders just stand there waiting to get blocked. It's like they don't see the RB with the ball coming towards them. They just stand there. Then when they finally make a move, they get blocked. The next time the cpu gets a big run, go look at the replay and see what your other defenders are doing on the play. I did this a few times and was getting real pissed off so I stopped looking at them. Just go take a look. I definitely wanna change the user rush defense slider for next week. Maybe bump it up 5 points. The same goes for user pass block as well. I have no complaints about user pass blocking, but seems a lot of you guys do so I can bump that up as well.

Anyway, this is my second loss and it looks like there will be plenty more to come with most of my offensive firepower hurt lol. Maybe my backup will play like he has some sense at home next week lol. Oh great just in time for clark too, so I have to hear his mouth when he wins lol. Fucking Awesome!!!!! Neutral

dda
    dda

Post by dda Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:37 am

good game ct
    CT21
    CT21

Post by CT21 Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:44 am

good game
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:52 am

Hey guys, DDA was doing his write up and still had to recruit so I'll advance when I get up in the morning around 5Am.
    dda
    dda

Post by dda Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:52 am

PRESS CONFERENCE

Hi im Erin Andrews and im here live with Head Football Coach DDA after a big 38-10 win over Coach CT21 and his FSU football team. Well Coach how did you pull this oneoff? Well Erin it started off a lil scary and both teams thrown int on there first drive. I ask Jacory Harris whats the matter and he said nothing Coach. I promise I wont throw another int for the rest of the game and boy was he telling the truth. With a lil bit of option, running, and passing the offense could not be stop. Coach how did you shut there offense down. With my DE coming off the end i didnt have to blitz and my CB catching 4 int. But im sure we will see them again in the conf championship so hopefully the outcome with stay the same.
    dda
    dda

Post by dda Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:53 am

splff go ahead and advance. no need to wake up in the morning
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:02 am

Splff, you really need to hook me up with your login information or someone other than just Kid. I get home at 1 a.m. from my football game tonight, and I'm jacked to play, but now I have to wait. We need to exchange informations.Been looking forward to it all drive home...I am bummed.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:01 am

Advanced to week 7. Next Advance: Mon Aug 30 @ 6pm

Welcome to Week 7!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas lost 59-22 against Texas A&M (5-0).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Auburn to face the Auburn Tigers (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB Michael Schroeder has committed to USC

=============== Auburn Tigers (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Auburn lost 38-12 against Kentucky (3-3).
    This week, the Tigers will host Arkansas (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT John McKinney has committed to Oregon
    - (*****) QB Marlon Hart has committed to Alabama

=============== #8 Boise State Broncos (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Boise State won 28-14 against Utah (3-2).
    This week, the Broncos travel to San Jose to face the San Jose State Spartans (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Boise State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Larry Robinson has committed to UCLA
    - (****) SS Ryan Barnes has committed to Oklahoma
    - (***) MLB James Fountain has committed to Fresno State
    - (****) ROLB Joe Jefferson has committed to Oregon
    - (***) P John Russell has committed to Arizona State
    - (****) CB Matthew Griffin has committed to Oregon State
    - (****) RG Robert Lee has committed to Florida

=============== Florida State Seminoles (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Florida State lost 38-10 against Miami (3-2).
    This week, the Seminoles will host Boston College (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) LE Damon Frye has committed to Texas
    - (****) RG Chris Davis has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) ROLB Leon Simon has committed to West Virginia
    - (****) RT Keith Johnson has committed to Cincinnati
    - (***) C Brad Townes has committed to Arizona State
    - (***) C Allen Brown has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (*****) CB Isaac Steele has committed to Texas

=============== #10 Georgia Bulldogs (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 38-20 against Tennessee (3-3).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Vanderbilt (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Kyle Britt has committed to Tennessee
    - (****) LT Eric Cary has committed to Georgia
    - (****) LT Jonathan Jackson has committed to Georgia

=============== #12 Kansas Jayhawks (5-0) ===============
    Last week the Jayhawks were idle.
    This week, the Jayhawks will host Kansas State (3-2).

=============== #18 Miami Hurricanes (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 38-10 against Florida State (3-3).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Joe Jefferson has committed to Oregon
    - (**) P Kent Parrish has committed to Miami

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 35-20 against Kansas State (3-2).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host #9 Texas (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P John Russell has committed to Arizona State
    - (****) SS James Scott has committed to Florida
    - (**) FB John Weaver has committed to Pittsburgh
    - (***) P Chris McCutcheon has committed to Illinois
    - (****) DT John McKinney has committed to Oregon
    - (*****) CB Isaac Steele has committed to Texas

=============== South Carolina Gamecocks (3-2) ===============
    Last week, South Carolina won 31-24 against Alabama (5-1).
    This week, the Gamecocks travel to Lexington to face the Kentucky Wildcats (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Brian Leonard has committed to NC State
    - (***) LG Corey Jones has committed to South Carolina
    - (***) FS Robert Davis has committed to Wake Forest
    - (****) WR Anthony Horner has committed to South Carolina

=============== #24 Texas A&M Aggies (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 59-22 against Arkansas (2-3).
    This week, the Aggies will host Missouri (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Andrew Lee has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #22 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 48-15 against Central Michigan (3-3).
    This week, the Hokies will host Wake Forest (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS James Scott has committed to Florida
    - (***) P Chris McCutcheon has committed to Illinois
    - (****) LE Matt Gardner has committed to North Carolina
    - (*****) LE Damon Frye has committed to Texas
    - (****) RE Kyle Britt has committed to Tennessee

=============== #3 Wisconsin Badgers (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 27-20 against Minnesota (4-2).
    This week, the Badgers will host #1 Ohio State (6-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Lamar Butler has committed to Indiana
    - (****) FS James Hearn has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) CB Tony Harrison has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) WR Cedric Williams has committed to Iowa
    - (****) CB Chad Davis has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) QB Jimmy Hopkins has committed to Clemson
    - (****) CB Wendell Porter has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) RG Chris Davis has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) SS Bo Clark has committed to Wisconsin

Looks like, stoptherun had a bad week of recruiting news, lol. Also last week, I adjusted the user rush defense slider from 25 to 30 and I adjusted the user pass block from 5 to 10. Those go into affect this week so you may notice a difference in the way the game plays now. We're halfway through the season so I figured everyone would be ok with it now.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:45 am

All week, if you would have asked any A&M player how they felt going into the rivalry game at Arkansas, they would have told you disrespected. Starting off the season in dominating fasion and not being ranked ticked them off a little and they wanted to prove the doubters wrong.

How do you like them now?

Texas A&M walked out with a 59-22 victory against Arkansas and proved to the doubters that they are for real. The 1Q was close, and it looked like we would be in for a close game in the 40s.

Then the floodgates opened.

TAMU went on to score 28 straight points to pull ahead. They were led by Jerrod Johnson, whose 77 yd run in the first minute of the 2Q swung momentum A&M's way. Johnson had an amazing game, going 20-24 for 343 yds and 4 TDs, also rushing for 104 yds and 3 TDs. After the game, we asked Johnson about the Heisman and he said that doesn't matter, he just wants to bring A&M its 2nd National title.

The defense also stepped up, forcing 4 turnovers, including 3 on the 1 yd line, that made the difference in the game. Multiple players we talked to on that side of the ball let it be known that they were tired of being looked down on because of their schedule and they wanted to make a statement. It's safe to say that they made a statement.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:00 am

MORE CROOTS!!!!!

3* DT Andrew Lee out of Saginaw, TX commits to A&M. He is raw, but has a lot of upside, and his 6'4" 290lb frame will help stuff the middle

4* OLB Charles Walker and his 4* DE cousin Kareem are both A&M leans at this point with visits this week to the school.

Good week for the defensive side of the ball. Recruiting might be over with come next weekd pending any early departures.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:09 am

urbanslegend05 wrote:Splff, you really need to hook me up with your login information or someone other than just Kid. I get home at 1 a.m. from my football game tonight, and I'm jacked to play, but now I have to wait. We need to exchange informations.Been looking forward to it all drive home...I am bummed.

Sorry man, I don't trust people enough to give my login info to them. Yes, I have trust issues. Only 2 people have my info, kid and my brother. I'm gonna keep it that way. I am genuinely sorry that you had to wait even though everyone was done, but that's just how it is sometimes. Very Happy.

**sigh** Ok, Clarky we have to play to see who is gonna have the worst user record in the dynasty. Here's the deal, I have a fantasy draft at 830 pm. I get home around 615 or 620. So I can either play you at 630 or 7(before the draft) or at 930 or 10(after the draft). It's the same today and tomorrow so it's up to you what you wanna do. Just let me know.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:11 am

jusblaze09 wrote:MORE CROOTS!!!!!

3* DT Andrew Lee out of Saginaw, TX commits to A&M. He is raw, but has a lot of upside, and his 6'4" 290lb frame will help stuff the middle

4* OLB Charles Walker and his 4* DE cousin Kareem are both A&M leans at this point with visits this week to the school.

Good week for the defensive side of the ball. Recruiting might be over with come next weekd pending any early departures.

Whatcha talking about man? There's no limits, remember? lol
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 am

Looks like the sec west is wide open still.
    jusblaze09
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:10 am

splff3000 wrote:
    jusblaze09 wrote:MORE CROOTS!!!!!

Whatcha talking about man? There's no limits, remember? lol

I'm not going over 70, and I only have 8 seniors. Plus the CPU needs it.

A&M wins 52-24, but they took their foot off the gas after the first when it was 28-0. The passing game struggled until the 4th, but the rushing game picked up the slack with 6 TDs from 4 players.

I'm getting the title I was suppose to win my first year in the dynasty on 09 with FSU if I didn't have to sim one game, the shit is too easy for us.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:05 am

Joker12 wrote:Looks like the sec west is wide open still.

Yep and it fucking sucks. Sad I usually own the west, but because I only have 1 RB that can play, I have to throw the ball a whole lot more than I want to keep him from being injured. He still got injured in the Kentucky game and I'm gonna tell you running with nothing but the FB fucking sucks. It totally fucking sucks. Anyway, I'd rather run the ball to set up the pass game, not the other way around. I can't do that now and it is fucking me up.......big time.

This may wind up being my worst recorded season ever in NCAA football. I got Clark this week, which could end being a loss with the injuries. The same for LSU next week as well. Then I get a few people back before I have to play joker, which could be a loss with a fully healthy team. That's not even counting the surprise losses like the Kentucky's and stuff. I could reasonably end up with 4 or 5 losses this season. 4 or 5 losses for splff!? That's unheard of!!!! We'll see what happens these next few weeks lol.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:30 am

As long as one of you or Clark can make the sec champ game, playing a user is more fun. Plus I'd rather not play Bama lol
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:08 pm

Huskers stampede Texas
    In a game that wasn't as close as the score, the unranked (how the hell?) Nebraska Cornhuskers dusted off the ninth-ranked Texas Longhorns, 45-31, in Lincoln, Neb.
    The Huskers showed they were going to play this game aggressively from the opening drive as coach Urban Legend decided to send his offense back onto the field for a fourth and inches situation. The decision paid off to the tune of a 59-yard touchdown by Roy Helu for a Husker lead.
    Texas came back to the tune of 14-unanswered points, but the Huskers quickly matched.
    This time it was true freshman quarterback Taylor Martinez on a 47 yard touchdown scramble.
    With a Helu touchdown in the second quarter, the Huskers would assume the lead for good. Nebraska recovered a fumble in the end zone after a field goal with five seconds to go in the half to take a 31-17 halftime lead.
    Pounding the ball was the theme of the second half for the Huskers and Helu was the benefactor, as he went over 200 yards on the day. The biggest of his runs was a 68 yard scamper in the third quarter to break the game open.
    Texas battled back to make it look respectable in the end, but the Huskers sealed the game with a touchdown pass to David Young from Martinez for a three touchdown lead.
    Two late touchdowns for the Longhorns made the final 45-38.
    "Hats off to Taylor and Roy," Legend said. "Taylor isn't playing like a freshman anymore. He's a little bit more than that to this team, and you can't even sum up what Helu means to the Huskernation. 215 yards, three touchdowns and two really big ones - sorta speaks for itself."
    There looks to be a showdown brewing between the Huskers, Kansas and Texas A&M for braggging rights in the Big 12. Who woulda thunk it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:38 am