GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Joker12
dclark44
stoptherun
KidIcarus27
splff3000
ehicks009
NY_Eer
Breon6286
urbanslegend05
jhawk886
pops21kid
15 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

jhawk886
    jhawk886

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 39 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by jhawk886 Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Pops, I think we play next week. When are you gonna have some free time?
    pops21kid

Post by pops21kid Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Around 7 or 8. What works for u?
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:17 pm

pops21kid wrote:Around 7 or 8. What works for u?
    I have class tomorrow at that time but I'll see if there is any way I can skip it.
    pops21kid

Post by pops21kid Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Just keep me posted
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:22 pm

well, looks like Cal is very strong this year
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:23 pm

Well Cal is getting started on the right foot with a 42-0 victory over Va Tech. I would also like to announce the arrival of Matt Fine, the redshirt freshman that is Cal's new starting HB. Dasarte Yarnway, got hurt in the first qtr and that was all she wrote. Matt Fine looked mighty "fine" out there today toting that rock. Before it's all said and done I have a feeling yall will be voting for him as a heisman candidate.

Oh and Auburn's no.1 Bitches!!!!!

No. 1!!!!!!!!!

This has been a great fucking weekend!!! Auburn won, Oakland beat the shit out of Denver, It was just announced that Auburn is the BCS #1, I beat the shit out of kid AND unless something crazy happens in the rest of this game and tomorrow night, all of my fantasy teams are gonna win. That's a lot of shit that has to line up and it did this weekend. Very Happy
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:24 pm

too bad you aren't going to win the NC in rivals...
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:49 pm

Stop, looks like you and me are playing in the NC in the other dynasty. Should be a good one.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:56 pm

dclark44 wrote:too bad you aren't going to win the NC in rivals...

lol, We'll see. Smile
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:57 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    dclark44 wrote:too bad you aren't going to win the NC in rivals...

lol, We'll see. Smile
    I certainly hope not
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:05 am

NY_Eer wrote:Stop, looks like you and me are playing in the NC in the other dynasty. Should be a good one.
    Georgia vs. Virginia Tech in the NC? That would never happen. Somebody needs to be Kansas in that OD to set things straight.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:15 am

splff3000 wrote:This has been a great fucking weekend!!! Auburn won, Oakland beat the shit out of Denver, It was just announced that Auburn is the BCS #1, I beat the shit out of kid AND unless something crazy happens in the rest of this game and tomorrow night, all of my fantasy teams are gonna win. That's a lot of shit that has to line up and it did this weekend. Very Happy
    And don't forget, the Chiefs won too. Increasing their division lead over the Donkeys and Bolts, and staying ahead of Oakland is always nice. The AFC West could be a battle between the Raiders and Chiefs, nobody in their right mind would've predicted that at the beginning of the season.
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 am

jhawk886 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:This has been a great fucking weekend!!! Auburn won, Oakland beat the shit out of Denver, It was just announced that Auburn is the BCS #1, I beat the shit out of kid AND unless something crazy happens in the rest of this game and tomorrow night, all of my fantasy teams are gonna win. That's a lot of shit that has to line up and it did this weekend. Very Happy
    And don't forget, the Chiefs won too. Increasing their division lead over the Donkeys and Bolts, and staying ahead of Oakland is always nice. The AFC West could be a battle between the Raiders and Chiefs, nobody in their right mind would've predicted that at the beginning of the season.

There isn't a team in that division worth a shit though.
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:55 am

jhawk886 wrote:
    NY_Eer wrote:Stop, looks like you and me are playing in the NC in the other dynasty. Should be a good one.
    Georgia vs. Virginia Tech in the NC? That would never happen. Somebody needs to be Kansas in that OD to set things straight.
    That OD isn't nearly as good as this one. AND the recruiting is clearly easier. On All American I have a #3 ranked class w/ Va Tech...and 2 pipeline states. I can pull them from wherever I want. In this dynasty I can't even pull who I want from Pennsylvania.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 am

NY_Eer wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:

There isn't a team in that division worth a shit though.
    I'm not so sure about that. The Chiefs have been surprisingly impressive so far this season. I'm not sure about Oakland as I haven't seen them this season, but Denver definitely sucks, and San Diego is just lost. The Chiefs are 4-2 with losses to the Colts and Texans. We were in both games and definitely should've won the game against Houston. The Chiefs are a lot better than you would think.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:16 am

NY_Eer wrote:Urbs, we're up after the advance. I'm not sure if tonite will work w/ Boardwalk Empire and such on TV, but wanted to see if you were available later if we do adv.

If not, I'm pretty wide open tomorrow after 5pm.

Cool man, I'm off tomorrow so I'm flexible all day. It'll just depend on if ho plays before then. We just got home from Miami, and it was a long weekend. If he plays before work tomorrow that time will work. If he doesn't get to play until after, it might be later.

splff3000 wrote:Well Cal is getting started on the right foot with a 42-0 victory over Va Tech. I would also like to announce the arrival of Matt Fine, the redshirt freshman that is Cal's new starting HB. Dasarte Yarnway, got hurt in the first qtr and that was all she wrote. Matt Fine looked mighty "fine" out there today toting that rock. Before it's all said and done I have a feeling yall will be voting for him as a heisman candidate.

Oh and Auburn's no.1 Bitches!!!!!

No. 1!!!!!!!!!

This has been a great fucking weekend!!! Auburn won, Oakland beat the shit out of Denver, It was just announced that Auburn is the BCS #1, I beat the shit out of kid AND unless something crazy happens in the rest of this game and tomorrow night, all of my fantasy teams are gonna win. That's a lot of shit that has to line up and it did this weekend. Very Happy

Damn, this was a crazy opening week. I just took a look at all the scores, and there were some wilds ones including you busting Kid's ass. Wtf happened? How did it get that out of hand?

Clark and Joker's game looked like it was probably amazing, but Clark held on. I have a feeling Joker will work his way back into the title picture, however, and he could get right back in it with a win over Florida.

Jhawk had a little trouble with Rutgers. What happened there?

Hicks just murders USC. Looks like he's focused on correcting last season's mistake.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:24 am

I have some big offensive changes from last season so getting adjusted to them is what happened. In addition to the fact that Rutgers played a hell of a game. It was looking like MSU and BC from last year all over again. They took the lead with a minute and a half left, but I was able to make some big plays and get in field goal range to kick my 4th field goal of the game and win it with no time on the clock. I had no offensive touchdowns. I returned a pick for a TD to get my only TD. Pops could give me a really good game next week, I think I should be a little more comfortable next week but we'll see what happens.

Pops. I think I am gonna skip class tomorrow so I'm good whenever, if you get home earlier or whenever you're ready just shoot me a text if I'm not on here, 785-213-2871. I'll probably play stop tomorrow as well for our game in Workers so we'll have to see when we can work them all in.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:28 am

jhawk886 wrote:I have some big offensive changes from last season so getting adjusted to them is what happened. In addition to the fact that Rutgers played a hell of a game. It was looking like MSU and BC from last year all over again. They took the lead with a minute and a half left, but I was able to make some big plays and get in field goal range to kick my 4th field goal of the game and win it with no time on the clock. I had no offensive touchdowns. I returned a pick for a TD to get my only TD. Pops could give me a really good game next week, I think I should be a little more comfortable next week but we'll see what happens.

Pops. I think I am gonna skip class tomorrow so I'm good whenever, if you get home earlier or whenever you're ready just shoot me a text if I'm not on here, 785-213-2871. I'll probably play stop tomorrow as well for our game in Workers so we'll have to see when we can work them all in.

Hmmmmm...pops beat jhawk? That would be a huge upset and a statement that pops has arrived to the dynasty. We'll see what happens, but I'll follow with some interest.
    Joker12
    Joker12

Post by Joker12 Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:07 am

Not too sure if Oklahoma will
    be making a lot of noise this year, kinda in a rebuild mode with a few true freshman playing including my QB. Game against Clark was great as usual, came down to me throwing a pick in the end Zone tied 14-14 with about 2 to go and him making a fairly long field goal in the rain with 12mph wind wiTh no time left.
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Penn State starts off the year w/ an impressive offensive effort squeaking by Oregon 37-30

Oregon threw for over 300 yards in the first half, including quite a few bullshit throws into triple coverage that were amazingly caught. They also ran a 93 yard reverse untouched for a TD, which I've never seen.

But Oregon threw for less than 75 yards in the second half as they were completely shut down. Penn State continued to click passing the ball as Paul Jones threw for 349 yards and 4 TDs. Soph Ken Smith continued to impress w/ 184 yards and 2 TDs, while a new threat has emerged in highly recruited Juco transfer 6'5" speedster Adam Utley, who had 125 yards receiving including a 60 yard TD.

Once again, it looks like Penn State is going to need to rely on the passing game, because "improved" RB, Silas Redd, still sucks. The lowly rated RB amassed 59 yards on 18 carries.

If the defense plays like it did in the second half and the passing game continues, the running game might not keep the Nittany Lions out of the title hunt. A big test vs Florida will set the tone for the rest of the year.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Yeah i was rooting for u to make it through. I like how we represented for Rivals!
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:05 pm

stoptherun wrote:

Yeah i was rooting for u to make it through. I like how we represented for Rivals!

Which dynasty is this?
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:51 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:

Which dynasty is this?

Its a first time one on OS. Its called the Conference Championship dynasty. The commissioner sounded pretty serious about it at the beginning of the season. So, I figured I'd give it a shot. Its hard to find ones that last for awhile like this one. He's done a pretty good job. The users aren't nearly as good as on here for the most part, but they're SIM and don't quit. Its also a bit slow and there isn't a bunch of communication, but its consistent.

Btw...Urban do you know when we plan on advancing? I'm not in a rush...just trying to figure out what might work for our game. The Giants are on MNF, and I might be grilling out, etc for a few people coming over. If so, tonight will be tough except for early in the evening or very late.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:05 pm

Ny, advancing now. I'm an open book this evening. Would rather go early, but either way is good with me. Let me know.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:19 pm

Welcome to Week 2!

Games of the week
    How can a week with this much action have a single game of the week? It couldn't. There are too many matchups involving teams that figure to be in the national title hunt to simply have one game of the week, so we'll take a look at them all.
    No. 3 Penn State at No. 2 Florida
    The Gators feel a little disrespected entering the year at No. 2 after winning a national championship and have a chance to make their case against a high profile opponent in Penn State. The Nittany Lions play their second-consecutive ranked opponent after defeating Oregon 37-30 in week one. This one promises to be a shootout.
    No. 7 Texas vs. No. 1 Alabama
    The Crimson Tide continue their tour of the red river schools with the Longhorns coming into Tuscaloosa, Alabama for a taste of SEC football. The sack happy Longhorns look to shut down a Crimson Tide offense that hasn't been stopped by many in the last few seasons.
    This one should come down to which team can run the ball more effectively. Both schools only play for national championships, so it's sure to be a disappointment for the losing team.
    No. 22 Notre Dame at No. 4 Michigan
    No team came on stronger at the end of last season than the Wolverines. After looking like they might not make a bowl, Michigan bounced back and now it ranks No. 4 early in the season.
    Notre Dame is coming off a so-so first season under former Stanford coach J. Hawk. The Irish expect to be BCS bound this season and a win against rival Michigan would make a statement that the Irish are for real.

Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 17-14 against Oklahoma (0-1).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host #7 Texas (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Dusty McGrew has committed to Alabama
    - (****) C Zach Thompson has committed to Alabama
    - (****) RG Keith Cleveland has committed to Alabama

=============== #5 Cal Golden Bears (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 42-0 against Virginia Tech (0-1).
    This week, the Golden Bears are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FB Brandon Richardson has committed to Cal
    - (****) QB Brandon Thompson has committed to Cal
    - (****) RT Sheldon Williams has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) LOLB Garrett Diggs has committed to Cal

=============== #2 Florida Gators (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 61-27 against Pittsburgh (0-1).
    This week, the Gators will host #3 Penn State (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Jason Barnes has committed to Florida
    - (****) RE Willie Harris has committed to Florida
    - (*****) TE Patrick Marshall has committed to Florida

=============== #14 Florida State Seminoles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 42-10 against Cincinnati (0-1).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Morgantown to face the #20 West Virginia Mountaineers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Willie Harris has committed to Florida
    - (****) DT Pat Perry has committed to UCF
    - (****) LG Jeff Foster has committed to Arkansas

=============== #6 Miami Hurricanes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 35-0 against USC (0-1).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Madison to face the #11 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #4 Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 49-31 against BYU (0-1).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #22 Notre Dame (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Michael Munoz has committed to Michigan
    - (*****) FS John Rucker has committed to Michigan

=============== #9 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 34-0 against Fresno State (0-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Virginia (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Gary Watson has committed to Cincinnati
    - (****) WR Quinton Jenkins has committed to Missouri
    - (****) LG Jeff Foster has committed to Arkansas
    - (****) RE John McCray has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) RT Sheldon Williams has committed to Nebraska

=============== #12 Oklahoma Sooners (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma lost 17-14 against Alabama (1-0).
    This week, the Sooners travel to Fort Worth to face the TCU Horned Frogs (0-0).

=============== #22 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame won 19-17 against Rutgers (0-1).
    This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Ann Arbor to face the #4 Michigan Wolverines (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Dominique Carroll has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) SS Calvin Childs has committed to Texas A&M
    - (****) MLB Bryan Barrett has committed to Notre Dame
    - (*****) FS John Rucker has committed to Michigan

=============== #7 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 71-6 against New Mexico State (0-1).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Claude Olson has committed to Texas
    - (****) MLB Andre Carlson has committed to Texas
    - (****) C Darnell Chase has committed to Texas

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech lost 42-0 against Cal (1-0).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Greenville to face the ECU Pirates (0-0).

=============== #3 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 37-30 against Oregon (0-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Gainesville to face the #2 Florida Gators (1-0).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 am