GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Joker12
dclark44
stoptherun
KidIcarus27
splff3000
ehicks009
NY_Eer
Breon6286
urbanslegend05
jhawk886
pops21kid
15 posters

Rivals 2011 Dynasty

splff3000
    splff3000

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 7 Empty Re: Rivals 2011 Dynasty

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:25 am

ehicks009 wrote:i vote yes to raising pass block, and pass defense if necessary... btw spliff you didnt actually vote

dclark44 wrote:I vote yes too. I play with bama and play action isn't even an option when I play. One of the best lines in the league too

pops21kid wrote:I vote yes.

jhawk886 wrote:A most resounding yes. Although, you do realize, this means wa-that Notre Dame will never lose another game. lol.

NY_Eer wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:A most resounding yes. Although, you do realize, this means wa-that Notre Dame will never lose another game. lol.
    Yes

splff3000 wrote:
    Because I don't care either way. It looks like the pass blocking is gonna be raised though.

Actually it looks like you guys need one more vote so I'll vote yes too. Just to get to the 6 that's needed.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:31 pm

Actually, you guys still need one more, but I'm sure we're going to get that, so the question now is, how much should we bump it up?

5, 10, 15? I want input or it's not going to change.
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:32 pm

I would say at least 10
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:40 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:Actually, you guys still need one more, but I'm sure we're going to get that, so the question now is, how much should we bump it up?

5, 10, 15? I want input or it's not going to change.

Well, you're already at 5. I say bump it up to 10. That's what Workers is at. I don't think we should go up more than 10 though. You don't want to end up nerfing the pass rush.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:42 pm

I would bump up pass block 5, and bump CPU pass rush down 5. To make it USER Pass Block 10, CPU Pass Rush 5. That would be the same as it is in Workers and I think the CPU generated pass rush in that dynasty feels about right.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:51 pm

jhawk886 wrote:I would bump up pass block 5, and bump CPU pass rush down 5. To make it USER Pass Block 10, CPU Pass Rush 5. That would be the same as it is in Workers and I think the CPU generated pass rush in that dynasty feels about right.

Yeah, but the thing about Workers is that the user teams are not as good as they are over here. I say bump up pass blocking to 10 for now but leave pass rush alone. If there continues to be a problem, then lower cpu pass rush to 5. One thing I've found out about tweaking sliders is that you don't wanna make too many adjustments that affect the same area(cpu pass rush in this case) at once. You could over shoot the sweet spot and have to make more adjustments backwards. The teams over here are better overall so the offensive lines are better overall. It could turn out that all that is needed is to raise pass blocking. So I say adjust the pass block, but wait on the cpu pass rush.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:I would bump up pass block 5, and bump CPU pass rush down 5. To make it USER Pass Block 10, CPU Pass Rush 5. That would be the same as it is in Workers and I think the CPU generated pass rush in that dynasty feels about right.

Yeah, but the thing about Workers is that the user teams are not as good as they are over here. I say bump up pass blocking to 10 for now but leave pass rush alone. If there continues to be a problem, then lower cpu pass rush to 5. One thing I've found out about tweaking sliders is that you don't wanna make too many adjustments that affect the same area(cpu pass rush in this case) at once. You could over shoot the sweet spot and have to make more adjustments backwards. So I say adjust the pass block, but wait on the cpu pass rush.
    Well, that is true for most of our teams. But Notre Dame is actually worse than Kansas is at the moment lol. But that's all good. We should be quite a bit better next year and I'll start to get the program back on the right track. I suppose we can go up just 5 on PB but I still think they will get too much pressure. I would adjust them to the Wrokers sliders and then bump up CPU pass defense a significant amount, maybe 15 points, to compensate. But we can try incremental adjustments to see how it goes.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    Well, that is true for most of our teams. But Notre Dame is actually worse than Kansas is at the moment lol. But that's all good. We should be quite a bit better next year and I'll start to get the program back on the right track. I suppose we can go up just 5 on PB but I still think they will get too much pressure. I would adjust them to the Wrokers sliders and then bump up CPU pass defense a significant amount, maybe 15 points, to compensate. But we can try incremental adjustments to see how it goes.

Yeah, I see pass defense is at 40. You can bump that up to 45 but anything higher than that and you start to see CB's running routes before the WR's. With the pass defense being at 40, I say it kinda evens out. No offense jhawk, but you're team is not the best to go by for tweaking sliders, Just like Bama is not the best team to go by for tweaking sliders. You have to get a middle of the road team to go by. It's all good though. What ever Urbs decides to do I'm cool with. I don't know how I got sucked into this. I said I didn't care what changes were made lol.
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:42 pm

NY_Eer wrote:
    Rauloe wrote:Did that... Ive added him but not online.. Everybody helse add me to their list.. (RAULOE50)

I don't think I can play tonight...just unloaded a shit load of furniture and have a meeting tomorrow. Thought I was off to unpack, but forgot about the meeting.

Rauloe, can you play tomorrow night?

I can be on tonite.. Just let me know what time, or if im not online, shoot a msg to Rauloe50@msn.com.. i shud not be too far out
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Rauloe wrote:
    NY_Eer wrote:
    Rauloe wrote:Did that... Ive added him but not online.. Everybody helse add me to their list.. (RAULOE50)

I don't think I can play tonight...just unloaded a shit load of furniture and have a meeting tomorrow. Thought I was off to unpack, but forgot about the meeting.

Rauloe, can you play tomorrow night?

I can be on tonite.. Just let me know what time, or if im not online, shoot a msg to Rauloe50@msn.com.. i shud not be too far out

Rauloe,
    best thing to do is to check the board as often as possible when you have a user game scheduled. I noticed last night that both of you were online within 7 minutes of each other, so it would have been possible to set up.
    Also, it's good to give everyone a basic schedule for when you'll be available, such as, I would be good between 7-11 p.m. Then you know around what times you should be checking the board or psn.
    A few of us exchange cell phone #'s as well so that we can text when setting up a game. I find this works the best for me and I know more than a few of us have each others numbers.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:16 pm

urbanslegend05 wrote:
    Rauloe,
    best thing to do is to check the board as often as possible when you have a user game scheduled. I noticed last night that both of you were online within 7 minutes of each other, so it would have been possible to set up.
    Also, it's good to give everyone a basic schedule for when you'll be available, such as, I would be good between 7-11 p.m. Then you know around what times you should be checking the board or psn.
    A few of us exchange cell phone #'s as well so that we can text when setting up a game. I find this works the best for me and I know more than a few of us have each others numbers.

Yeah, NYer asked me to give Rauloe his number already.

OK, now I got a totally unrelated question. I just saw that the Big East is trying to get TCU to join their conference. My question is, does anyone know why the Big 12 isn't trying to get TCU and Boise to join the Big 12 to replace Nebraska and Colorado? It seems like it makes sense geographically which can't be said for TCU going to the Big East. Anyway, I was just curious about that and was wondering if maybe one of you might have any insight. Jhawk this seems like it's your backyard. Do you have any insight?
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:45 pm

looking to advance tonight guys?
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Post by Rauloe Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:08 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    urbanslegend05 wrote:
    Rauloe,

im gonna try to get it scheduled tonite to play him.. we been in contact and hopefully we cud advance tonite..

OK, now I got a totally unrelated question. I just saw that the Big East is trying to get TCU to join their conference. My question is, does anyone know why the Big 12 isn't trying to get TCU and Boise to join the Big 12 to replace Nebraska and Colorado? It seems like it makes sense geographically which can't be said for TCU going to the Big East. Anyway, I was just curious about that and was wondering if maybe one of you might have any insight. Jhawk this seems like it's your backyard. Do you have any insight?
    dclark44
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:10 pm

blank post is always the best one lol
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:10 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    urbanslegend05 wrote:
    Rauloe,

As far as the Big 12 getting TCU and Boise, there are two main reasons why it won't happen. #1 Texas rules the conference, and they don't want another Texas school to join the mix. Boise would add another potential contender to the league which could threaten Texas's postseason placement if they have to play in the championship game. While both of these are somewhat important, the main reason is that neither school has that big of a fan base, especially nationwide. It would be two more teams to split the pot with who probably wouldn't provide an equal amount of money or increased exposure to the league. In addition, this way, the winner of the Red River Rivalry has a very good chance to make the NC every year as long as they take care of business. The #2 reason is that Dan Beebe (the Big 12 Commissioner) is a total dumbass and is a puppet of Texas for the most part.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:16 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    As far as the Big 12 getting TCU and Boise, there are two main reasons why it won't happen. #1 Texas rules the conference, and they don't want another Texas school to join the mix. Boise would add another potential contender to the league which could threaten Texas's postseason placement if they have to play in the championship game. While both of these are somewhat important, the main reason is that neither school has that big of a fan base, especially nationwide. It would be two more teams to split the pot with who probably wouldn't provide an equal amount of money or increased exposure to the league. In addition, this way, the winner of the Red River Rivalry has a very good chance to make the NC every year as long as they take care of business. The #2 reason is that Dan Beebe (the Big 12 Commissioner) is a total dumbass and is a puppet of Texas for the most part.

Yeah, so they're just gonna say fuck it and not try to get anyone? When the ACC poached the Big East, the Big East went and poached conference USA. That's how it usually works, when one team leaves, the conference gets another team to replace them with. Not the Big 12 though. Now I'm kinda wishing Texas A&M would have came to the SEC. TCU and Boise should definitely be in a more prestigious conference. The fan base isn't there because they're in 2nd tier conferences. Move TCU and Boise to the Big 12 and watch how much their fan base grows in 5 years. Oh well, you might be right about the Big 12 commissioner. It does seem like he's a dumbass right now.
    ehicks009

Post by ehicks009 Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 pm

i dont think it matters i think the mwc is pretty close to being an automatic qualifier anyways and it wouldnt suprise me if the big east was dropped, unless they pick up a couple more teams
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:58 pm

We should advance tonight as long as the new guy and ny_eer get it in.
    ehicks009

Post by ehicks009 Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:09 pm

and btw i think a 10 point increase in pass block would work if its to much we can go to 5
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:48 pm

Penn State stuns Ohio St on the road 42-17

Kevin Newsome's Heisman march will end early as he broke his ribs on an Option Read keeper and is out for 7 weeks. FUCK!!! This was after throwing for over 200 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs in the first 3 Quarters. At least Penn St has 2 capable back ups. Although, Paul Jones came in and threw for 2 INTS and 0 TDs, but was otherwise efficient and ran for 2 TDs.

TE Mark Wedderburn has really been clicking w/ Newsome, going for 142 yards and 2 TDs...one of which was 75 yards. Freshman phenom Ken Smith once again surpassed 100 yards.

The game really turned on turn overs. Penn State drove down the field and scored on its first possession, and Ohio St shortly tied the score. Then after 2 INTs, Penn State quickly pulled away scoring 21 unanswered points. The Penn State defense held the OSU running game in check, and forced the new QB to make mistakes.

Ohio St stuck in there and can damn close to making it a game, but Penn State squeaked out just enough rushing yards to run the clock down.

GOD damn Kevin Newsome will be missed. He was having a season for the ages.
    NY_Eer
    NY_Eer

Post by NY_Eer Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:53 pm

And my two cents on the conf expansion, since I have a rooting interest, is that the Big East needs to drop the god damn parochial, bball only schools and have football drive the decisions like it does in every other conference. To have some jack off from Providence running our conference is a fucking joke, and explains the invitation to Villanova...and its 12k seat stadium.

The only way that makes sense is if we keep on expanding, and they are looking to cover the Philly TV market. I really like the TCU move and hope they follow w/ an invitation to Houston. Fuck geography...the Big East has nothing worth a shit to add in the east, except maybe Central Florida, but again that is only a good move as a means of grabbing that market. Maybe adding them to the mix and adding the Dallas, Houston, Philly, and Orlando markets will help us get a TV network. I'm pretty sure they brought Tagliabue in as a consultant to do just that...or he came up w/ the idea, but either way I like it.

Whether TCU accepts is another story. And of course we can't have 20 bball schools. So, they need to drop some schools starting w/ Depaul, which isn't worth a squirt of piss.
    Rauloe
    Rauloe

Rivals 2011 Dynasty - Page 7 Empty Hmmm...

Post by Rauloe Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:06 am

So, i played my first game.. The team im playing with was obviously put together by another invidual, but the the game went pretty well, until 2 costly ints. I guess its not all bad, but everyone give me some time to adjust to it and im sure i can bounce back from the loss.. Oh well, keep it moving..

As for the TCU to the BIG East, i think its a good move for them as well as Boise State. It seems that everyone hawks on the Strength of Scheduling for NON automaticatic qulifiers, so you either schedule better games or you move to the power conference.. And not many schools in the Power Conferences wanna schedule these teams. Its not to mention the fact that some of the DIV II teams getting big wins over the power conferences.. Tell you what, id rather see the moves of teams rather than that Super COnference shit they was talking bout..

R/s
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:26 am

Hova,
    You're last to play....again. I see that you've been on in the last 6 hours which means you've been on since the advance. It's been two days since I've advanced and you haven't played or posted on the board. I'll give you until 8 p.m. tomorrow to play the game or be ready to play the game soon there after. Since you've been last a few times now, and I see you've been online but haven't played, I'm gonna assume that if you've been online since the advance, and 2 days have went by that you haven't played or communicated, that you're ok with me simming your game. Communication is key man. If you let me know something ahead of time, I'd have no problem to continue to wait, but I haven't heard squat. I'm pretty easy about advancing, but you've gotta ocmmunicate or I gotta keep it going.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:44 am

Shit, I think Rauloe has more post. lol
    pops21kid

Post by pops21kid Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:04 am

I played my game. It must didnt save. Sorry about that. Go ahead and advance. Do you know if it saved my recruiting?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:51 am