Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

splff3000

Re: Workers 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by splff3000 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:51 am

Advanced to week 13. Next Advance: Fri Oct. 15 @ 6PM

Game of the Week

VS

THIS IS A BIG ONE!!!

#5 Arkansas(10-1) travels to Baton Rouge to take on #1 LSU(11-0) in a clash of SEC titans. LSU is trying to keep it's national title hopes alive when they host a hungry up and coming Arkansas team. An Arkansas team that lost it's first game to Houston, but has won 10 straight since that loss, beating some pretty stiff competition along the way. LSU has been overpowering as usual to any opponent in their way. Everyone was surprised when they replaced Les Miles in the middle of the season, but they seem to even more dominant with their new head coach. Both coaches have similar styles so it should be pretty interesting when these two matchup. The winner of this one get's the prize of facing coach Joker and his UGA Bulldogs for the SEC title. That's not really a prize if you ask me since coach Joker's Bulldogs have been one of the most dominant defenses in the NCAA. Both teams still have a shot at a national title if they win out so they will be laying it all on the line. An SEC showdown with everything on the line! What else could you ask for?!

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #5 Arkansas Razorbacks (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 31-28 against Nebraska (10-1).
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Baton Rouge to face the #1 LSU Tigers (11-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) QB James Sanders has committed to Arkansas State
    - (*) LOLB Kyle Wilson has committed to Arkansas

=============== #21 Auburn Tigers (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 45-14 against Alabama (7-4).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG D.J. Ostrander has committed to Auburn
    - (***) LG Victor Holloway has committed to North Carolina
    - (***) WR Steve Davidson has committed to Auburn
    - (***) RE Lance Bentley has committed to LSU
    - (****) DT Kelvin Smith has committed to Alabama

=============== #14 Oregon Ducks (8-2) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks travel to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS William Humphrey has committed to LSU

=============== Florida State Seminoles (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Florida State lost 45-21 against Georgia (11-0).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Gainesville to face the Florida Gators (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Ben Sisk has committed to Florida State
    - (****) HB Mike Fowlkes has committed to Florida State

=============== #2 Georgia Bulldogs (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 45-21 against Florida State (7-4).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Georgia Tech (6-4).

=============== #6 Kansas Jayhawks (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Kansas won 70-14 against Iowa State (3-8).
    This week, the Jayhawks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Kansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Jeremy Carter has committed to Kansas
    - (*) FB Cory Arnold has committed to UTEP
    - (***) TE Andre Jones has committed to Kansas

=============== #1 LSU Tigers (11-0) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 42-25 against Ole Miss (5-5).
    This week, the Tigers will host #5 Arkansas (10-1).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Lance Bentley has committed to LSU
    - (***) FS William Humphrey has committed to LSU
    - (***) QB Scott Blount has committed to Southern Miss

=============== #16 Miami Hurricanes (8-3) ===============
    Last week the Hurricanes were idle.
    This week, the Hurricanes will host Virginia (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Anthony Woodard has committed to Miami

=============== #8 Nebraska Cornhuskers (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska lost 31-28 against Arkansas (10-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Stephen Anderson has committed to Nebraska

=============== #18 Texas A&M Aggies (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 49-28 against Baylor (4-8).
    This week, the Aggies will host #10 Texas (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RE Pat Griffin has committed to Utah
    - (***) CB Caleb Foster has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #11 Virginia Tech Hokies (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 48-45 against Virginia (4-6).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Columbia to face the Missouri Tigers (7-4).

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 42-24 against Michigan State (8-3).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (5-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Ricky Charles has committed to Michigan
    - (****) WR Maurice Garrett has committed to Tennessee
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:51 am

splff3000 wrote:INFO PAGE (Updated weekly)

Current Week

- 2011 Week 13

Next Advance

- Fri Oct. 15 @ 6PM

Vacation List

N/A

Game of the Week (Week 13)

VS

Offensive Player of the Week (Week 13)

DJ Beshears(jhawk886) - QB (KU) 12-20, 253yds, 16car, 278yds, 6 TD's

Defensive Player of the Week (Week 13)

Robert Sands(cpu) - FS (WVU) 3tkls, ATK, FF

Heisman Watch (Week 13)

NAMEPOS SCHOOL LAST GAME
    DJ Beshears QB KU12-20, 253yds, 16car, 278yds, 6 TD's
    Cobi Hamilton WR Ark6rec, 91yds
    John ClayHB Wisc 24car, 184yds, 2 TD
    Orson Charles TE UGA 13rec, 219yds, 3 TD's
    Joe AdamsWR Ark 7rec, 186yds, TD

Home and Home(year 1)

Aub vs Mia
    Wis vs Ore
    Wis vs FSU
    FSU vs UGA
    Neb vs VT
    Ark vs Neb
    Ore vs SC
    VT vs Ore
    Kan vs Wis
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:25 am

Ho, a responce on when you can play would be nice
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:48 am

Champaign, IL -- The Fighting Illini came out swinging and almost pull off the upset of #4 Wisconsin. Heisman hopeful John Clay was knocked out of the contest early in the 1st quarter and Illinois jumped out to a 17-0 lead over a stunned Badger squad.

Wisconsin responded with 21 unanswered points to take the lead in the second quarter, but just before halftime Illinois regained the lead on a fluke play. Devin Smith intercepted Illinois QB Nathan Scheelhaase around the Illini 20 but he fumbled the ball and Illinois WR F. Sykes scooped it up and ran it in to give them back the lead 24-21 at halftime.

The second half saw a couple lead changes until James White scored what seemed to be the winning TD with 1:27 left. Illinois wasn't done however and converted a 13 yard TD pass to a wide open TE on 4th and 1 that left the score 41-38 with :42 ticks left on the clock.

The Badgers looked to be left for dead with QB Curt Phillips struggling through a 3-21 passing day and star RB John Clay watching in sweats from the sideline. But after a couple of quick runs, James White took an option pitch 57 yards to the house and that was all she wrote for Illinois.

The Badgers stepped up and got a couple sacks on Illinois' last possession to put the game away and Wisconsin completed a second consecutive undefeated season in the Big Ten. With this victory the Badgers secure at worst a trip to the Rose Bowl to possibly avenge an earlier loss against Oregon, and remain in the hunt for the National Championship.

BCS experts are predicting the winner of the Kansas/Wisconsin matchup to play the SEC champion in the title game. The next couple of weeks are set up to be pretty wild out on the Workers gridiron!
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:01 pm

If you win you'll definitely go. But if I win, Nebraska will jump me with a win over Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship.
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Well right now its either LSU, Georgia, or Arkansas from the SEC. Go Razorbacks!
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:23 pm

dclark44 wrote:Well right now its either LSU, Georgia, or Arkansas from the SEC. Go Razorbacks!

yeah u got a chance to turn the whole dynasty upside down in the last couple weeks. U already did Nebraska... If u run the table you'll be in for sure.
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:28 pm

I love how everyone forgot about Kid and his 10-1 record (with a ranked Clemson in the ACC title game if Clemson can win out til then).
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Not that I forgot, just saying, winner of the SEC game goes to the NC period
    jusblaze09

Post by jusblaze09 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:32 pm

Oh yeah, thats a given, I was talking bout the other spot
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:34 pm

jhawk886 wrote:If you win you'll definitely go. But if I win, Nebraska will jump me with a win over Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship.

Yeah i just looked at the polls. Didn't realize u had no shot at the conf. championship. What's crazy is that if Clark does manage to win out, which is a big if, and if Splff takes care of TCU, we could have 8 one loss teams all with a legit claim at playing in the title game. This is gonna be nuts.
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:35 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:I love how everyone forgot about Kid and his 10-1 record (with a ranked Clemson in the ACC title game if Clemson can win out til then).
    I didn't forget about him, but the BCS just doesn't seem to like him very much. Probably because the polls have kept him low due to his performance last season. If I beat stop I'll probably meet Kid in the Orange Bowl for a rematch of the '08 Orange Bowl. If Stop wins, he goes to the natty and I fall into the abyss of the Cotton Bowl.
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Why is that a big if? I beat #3 undefeated team on the road. I have the best passing game in the league.
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:41 pm

jusblaze09 wrote:I love how everyone forgot about Kid and his 10-1 record (with a ranked Clemson in the ACC title game if Clemson can win out til then).

Kid is still alive but he's gonna need a miracle to jump 7 spots in two weeks. Nebraska is in the same boat facing Oklahoma in the Big XII title game and they're a spot ahead.
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:43 pm

dclark44 wrote:Why is that a big if? I beat #3 undefeated team on the road. I have the best passing game in the league.

out of respect to your opponent.
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Ok cool
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:03 pm

AS the season is winding down and we were talking about coach of the year- we got a ton of candidates this year. The thing i like is that contrary to last year, we are all in the top 25 (Well FSU just dropped out but CT has still had a good season).

Oregon pulled off a big upset and won the PAC-10 in their first yr.

VA Tech bounced back in a big way with a 10 win season, top ten BCS ranking and probable ACC championship.

Nebraska emerged as a 6* power and looks to lock down the Big XII title.

Getonmylevelho has jumped in the saddle and led LSU to the brink of the title game.

Joker has UGA looking like world beaters as they have punched their ticket to Atlanta. This is a team that the postseason awards are gonna love as they have been huge on both sides of the ball.

Jhawk is up to his old tricks coming up 3 points short of another undefeated season and turning a converted WR into a Heisman Trophy frontrunner.

And of course Clark whose Arkansas team has come out of nowhere to be possible SEC and or National Champions.

Great job by the coaches this year as everybody seems to have their programs headed in the right direction.

My frontrunner for the award right now would b Clark cuz i don't even remember them being ranked last year and this year they're serious contenders. Of course everything could change in the last couple weeks...
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:14 pm

At this point, I think I would have to split the award between Clark and Kid lol. They've both had huge turnarounds and have played really well this season. Clark plays in a much better conference and has overall beat some better teams than Kid has, but Kid's only loss came to Nebraska, whereas Clark lost to Houston. If Clark runs the table though, he gets it no question.
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:31 pm

I don't really have a coach of the year, cause I beat them all
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 pm

stoptherun wrote:
    Yeah i just looked at the polls. Didn't realize u had no shot at the conf. championship. What's crazy is that if Clark does manage to win out, which is a big if, and if Splff takes care of TCU, we could have 8 one loss teams all with a legit claim at playing in the title game. This is gonna be nuts.

I will definitely take care of TCU at home.
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

jhawk886 wrote:At this point, I think I would have to split the award between Clark and Kid lol. They've both had huge turnarounds and have played really well this season. Clark plays in a much better conference and has overall beat some better teams than Kid has, but Kid's only loss came to Nebraska, whereas Clark lost to Houston. If Clark runs the table though, he gets it no question.

Hmm, good points on coach of the year jhawk. I was already set to give it to Clark, but you make a valid point about the loss to Houston. I guess I'll have to wait and see how the rest of the season plays out. It is definitely between Kid and Clark at this point IMO.

Speaking of coach of the year, do yall wanna vote on this at the end of the regular season ie after the Championship games? It seems like something cool to do at the end of every season.
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Ok, I'm gonna try and sell myself for coach of the year. Firstly, I'm in the SEC. I beat splff, Bama, and other tough SEC teams. I aslo beat Nebraska on the road with a lot of pressure riding on the game. Just saying
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:07 pm

dclark44 wrote:Ok, I'm gonna try and sell myself for coach of the year. Firstly, I'm in the SEC. I beat splff, Bama, and other tough SEC teams. I aslo beat Nebraska on the road with a lot of pressure riding on the game. Just saying

lol, take Bama out of the mix. They ain't shit. I had a rougher time with Ole Miss than I did with them lol. Shit, take me out the mix as well lol. I wasn't shit this season either. I will say you beat Nebraska and he lost to Nebraska so that gives you a slight edge in my book. Still gotta see how the season plays out tho. If you lose to LSU and he wins the ACC, I gotta give it to him.
    dclark44

Post by dclark44 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:17 pm

My team has the steepest hill in all of football to climb and they are prepared to do it.
    gameface1324

Post by gameface1324 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Kid beat me, and I beat stop. Just sayin. take out the trashcan game with Breon and his super AI 6 turnover game, and Oregon is a 1 loss team right now and alot is different. Not tooting my own horn, but Kids.

Tho Clark has the edge right now, pending rest of season imo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:48 am