Recruiting Strategy

splff3000
    splff3000

Recruiting Strategy Empty Recruiting Strategy

Post by splff3000 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Normally I'm real secretive about what I'm doing recruiting wise, but this year I'm sharing with everyone. So I figure we can discuss strategies and stuff here.

I know some have issues signing recruits. Here is the rule of thumb I use when adding guys to my board.

1. I have to be top 3 if he's outside my pipeline.

2. I have to be top 5 if inside the pipeline.

3. I may go after someone I really want outside of those guidelines if they are in my pipeline and the schools in front of me are outside of it. I don't do it too often though

4. I'm very hesitant to add someone to my board if their no.1 school is a 6* school in the state that the school is in ie the recruit is from Louisiana and LSU is his no. 1 school. I may still add him and hope that LSU doesn't recruit him, but I don't that too much.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Recruiting Strategy Empty Re: Recruiting Strategy

Post by splff3000 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Also, is it just me, or does it seem like the same topics don't come up as much like last year. Towards the end of last year, if a bad topic came up for me early in the phone call I wouldn't skip it because I knew it would just came right back up later on in the phone call. This year though, I don' think I've seen that yet. Also, are visits not on stage 5 anymore? Previous years, once the recruit got to his top 5 schools you could schedule a visit, but not this year. I got a guy that's top 5, but he was still grayed out for the visit.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:52 pm

splff3000 wrote:Also, is it just me, or does it seem like the same topics don't come up as much like last year. Towards the end of last year, if a bad topic came up for me early in the phone call I wouldn't skip it because I knew it would just came right back up later on in the phone call. This year though, I don' think I've seen that yet. Also, are visits not on stage 5 anymore? Previous years, once the recruit got to his top 5 schools you could schedule a visit, but not this year. I got a guy that's top 5, but he was still grayed out for the visit.
    I'm with ya on both accounts. It not as common but I've had it happen. And visits are now at Top 3.

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:15 pm

i dont think i had a visit when they was in top 5 in rivals but maybe i wasnt paying attention lol
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:17 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:Also, is it just me, or does it seem like the same topics don't come up as much like last year. Towards the end of last year, if a bad topic came up for me early in the phone call I wouldn't skip it because I knew it would just came right back up later on in the phone call. This year though, I don' think I've seen that yet. Also, are visits not on stage 5 anymore? Previous years, once the recruit got to his top 5 schools you could schedule a visit, but not this year. I got a guy that's top 5, but he was still grayed out for the visit.
    I'm with ya on both accounts. It not as common but I've had it happen. And visits are now at Top 3.

Hmm, wonder why they changed that? Maybe because in the offseason visits aren't until stage 3. Maybe they wanna have them both the same.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:40 am

yungjswag89 wrote:i dont think i had a visit when they was in top 5 in rivals but maybe i wasnt paying attention lol

You wasn't paying attention lol. So do you guys fill your boards with like 30 players or do you just keep a minimual amount of players up there. I usually start with somewhere around 15-20 with most of those being recruits that have me first. Those guys I only spend 10mins to offer a scholarship in hopes that they'll insta-commit. If they don't they just go to the bottom of my board until I see that somebody else is going after them hard. I start with 15-20 because I know with my insta-commits and other teams insta commits that my board will be down to 10-15 by the time we get to week 2. So how are yall filling your board?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:17 am

I do the same thing
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:42 am

I fill mine up to 35 then recruit in tiers.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:21 am

stoptherun wrote:I fill mine up to 35 then recruit in tiers.

Damn, and that's been working? I'm scared to do that because I feel like I won't be able to give everybody enough time.
    pops21kid

Post by pops21kid on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:38 am

splff3000 wrote:
    yungjswag89 wrote:i dont think i had a visit when they was in top 5 in rivals but maybe i wasnt paying attention lol

You wasn't paying attention lol. So do you guys fill your boards with like 30 players or do you just keep a minimual amount of players up there. I usually start with somewhere around 15-20 with most of those being recruits that have me first. Those guys I only spend 10mins to offer a scholarship in hopes that they'll insta-commit. If they don't they just go to the bottom of my board until I
    see that somebody else is going after them hard. I start with 15-20 because I know with my insta-commits and other teams insta commits that my board will be down to 10-15 by the time we get to week 2. So how are yall filling your board?

i field my board with 10/12 and as i sign someone i add
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:46 am

splff3000 wrote:
    stoptherun wrote:I fill mine up to 35 then recruit in tiers.

Damn, and that's been working? I'm scared to do that because I feel like I won't be able to give everybody enough time.

Only argument against it would be those who are looking to hit the x2 bonus on certain players. Even still that's a crapshoot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:00 pm