Rivals sliders

Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Rivals sliders - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals sliders

Post by Jaredlib on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Yo spliff so your results were on heisman right?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:21 pm

You are right though, and unfortunately for user games there is nothing we can do, but the main issue with the deep lobs is that the QB puts it on the money 8 out of 10 times
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:26 pm

And then anyone with under an 80 THA rating is going to suck major balls. I'm already completing about 25-30% of my passes with a lot of over/underthrown balls. Maybe the accuracy of better QBs is too high but not everyone has great QBs out there. Even if I rolled with my best QB Denard Robinson at a 91 overall, his 73 THA would be killing me, and then if we bumped down the slider I'd be at about 10-15% completion percentage. The difference between 78 THA and 87 THA is much too great, but because of that, we can't change the QB ACC slider without making it impossible to pass with a less accurate QB.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Jaredlib wrote:Yo spliff so your results were on heisman right?

Yeah, they were Heisman.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:28 pm

jhawk886 wrote:And then anyone with under an 80 THA rating is going to suck major balls. I'm already completing about 25-30% of my passes with a lot of over/underthrown balls. Maybe the accuracy of better QBs is too high but not everyone has great QBs out there. Even if I rolled with my best QB Denard Robinson at a 91 overall, his 73 THA would be killing me, and then if we bumped down the slider I'd be at about 10-15% completion percentage. The difference between 78 THA and 87 THA is much too great, but because of that, we can't change the QB ACC slider without making it impossible to pass with a less accurate QB.

We need to change it to something. Leaving it at 50 ain't the answer.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:32 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote:And then anyone with under an 80 THA rating is going to suck major balls. I'm already completing about 25-30% of my passes with a lot of over/underthrown balls. Maybe the accuracy of better QBs is too high but not everyone has great QBs out there. Even if I rolled with my best QB Denard Robinson at a 91 overall, his 73 THA would be killing me, and then if we bumped down the slider I'd be at about 10-15% completion percentage. The difference between 78 THA and 87 THA is much too great, but because of that, we can't change the QB ACC slider without making it impossible to pass with a less accurate QB.

At this point, I would be much more in favor of rolling with a tough set of AA sliders that plays well until a patch comes out that fixes all the Heisman issues.

Reducing the QB accuracy slider is just going to literally make it impossible to have a passing game if you have a QB with an accuracy rating below 80.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:34 pm

I think one way to balance it, to be honest, would be to up catching a notch, why? because I am sure all of us get at least 4 incompletions a game due to drops....

just my idea, not trying to to holler
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:34 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:

At this point, I would be much more in favor of rolling with a tough set of AA sliders that plays well until a patch comes out that fixes all the Heisman issues.

Reducing the QB accuracy slider is just going to literally make it impossible to have a passing game if you have a QB with an accuracy rating below 80.

I am with you
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:36 pm

jhawk886 wrote:
    splff3000 wrote:

That's fine too. I'm just tired of the bitching about lob passes and no one wants to change anything. Our hands are not tied. Change shit. The thing that really urks me is that I brought this shit up a long time ago and everybody brushed it off. Now everybody wanna complain about it. Fuck it. Don't complain. This is what yall wanted.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:37 pm

I have a bunch of poorly thrown balls in addition to the drops though. And realistically, they're college players, they should drop some balls, especially when they're hit as they make the catch which is when most of the drops happen.

Also splff, reducing accuracy or not, it still doesn't change the fact that there is a problem when the CB gets burned off the line because he doesn't turn and run with the WR until he's level with him. In that situation the QB should hit the WR with no safety help over the top. If you're an 87 THA QB and you miss that throw you're going to find your ass riding pine awfully quick.

The lob pass is currently more of an exploit than it is a slider issue.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:42 pm

I definitely have't played a full gmae on AA yet with those sets so I cant vouch for anything, but I do know that SN and SEC do great jobs and get a lot of great feedback on their sets.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:49 pm

jhawk886 wrote:I have a bunch of poorly thrown balls in addition to the drops though. And realistically, they're college players, they should drop some balls, especially when they're hit as they make the catch which is when most of the drops happen.

Also splff, reducing accuracy or not, it still doesn't change the fact that there is a problem when the CB gets burned off the line because he doesn't turn and run with the WR until he's level with him. In that situation the QB should hit the WR with no safety help over the top. If you're an 87 THA QB and you miss that throw you're going to find your ass riding pine awfully quick.

The lob pass is currently more of an exploit than it is a slider issue.

OK so let's go to a different setting or something. It's better than sitting here and complaining about it.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:07 am

So spliff since we stickin with Heisman you have any suggestions for tweaks from default?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:11 am

So, is everyone honestly happy with the sliders right now?

I am honestly just asking out of curiousity, not trying to start a riot.

It seems like the games are a lot of wild shootouts. At first I was all for a challenging CPU but some of the stats and scores just seem a bit insane.

If it suits the whole dynasty better, I would not be opposed to sticking with heisman but maybe gimping the CPU a bit here and there. I know a couple users struggled a bit against the CPU already.

I am happy eihter way, I Just wnat to make sure everybody can have fun at this point while we play a glitched game waiting for a patch
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:23 am

I beat down in-state rival Pitt 52-24.

Play your shit!

Lets advance today!

splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:54 am

Jaredlib wrote:So spliff since we stickin with Heisman you have any suggestions for tweaks from default?

Damn I never even saw this post. The only things I would change is cpu int to 40 and maybe lower hum int to 45. The other thing is raise cpu RB blocking and ability to 55. Those are the only things I would change right now without having tested the game on heisman. When we tested the game it was on AA. I don't think we need to change a whole lot though because users are already losing to the cpu right now. 4 decent to good users have lost already so I don't think we have to do anything drastic to get a challenge.

Last edited by splff3000 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:00 am

The only thing I don't like right blow is that every game is like an arena football score. Maybe I suck but I've never had trouble holding every team under 50 before.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:02 am

Jaredlib wrote:So, is everyone honestly happy with the sliders right now?

I am honestly just asking out of curiousity, not trying to start a riot.

It seems like the games are a lot of wild shootouts. At first I was all for a challenging CPU but some of the stats and scores just seem a bit insane.

If it suits the whole dynasty better, I would not be opposed to sticking with heisman but maybe gimping the CPU a bit here and there. I know a couple users struggled a bit against the CPU already.

I am happy eihter way, I Just wnat to make sure everybody can have fun at this point while we play a glitched game waiting for a patch

Other than the glitches, I'm pretty happy. I'd like the sliders that I listed above to be adjusted but if they don't I'm ok. I really think cpu int needs to be lowered though. I've seen too many crazy ints. When I say crazy I mean a guy is standing flat footed about 6 or 7 yds from the LOS and a pass is thrown about 5 yds to the side of him and he goes from flat footed to jumping 5 yards sideways to intercept the ball. That's pretty unrealistic if you ask me. You can always tell when some unrealistic shit happens because it looks awkward. Anyway, that is the only real thing that I think NEEDS to be changed at this point. I'd like the RB block and ability stuff to be changed but I don't think it's completely messed up now.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:09 am

I'm going to go ahead and lower the CPU int bc I've heard this enough from yall and I think enough of us would agree with it to put it into action. Anything else we'd probably need to vote on but that one is pretty clear cut
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Cool.

You gonna make it 45 or 40?
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Looks like people are starting to find their groove. So far this week users are winnin against decent CPU teams
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm gonna go to 40 before the advance so that it takes place for next week....maybe even 35.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Post by Jaredlib on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Cool.

When I tested the setting on 35 for both hum and cpu I saw one total pick in 3 games. 40 made it seem like the CPU will still pick off a bad pass but I didn't see the crazy, behind the back, psychic bullshit
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Yeah, 35 seems too low.
    urbanslegend05
    urbanslegend05

Post by urbanslegend05 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Anything else we should look into? I'm kinda tired of every game being 55-52. Oh patch please get here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 24, 2019 3:05 am