Kansas (Hawk)

Kansas (Hawk) Empty Kansas (Hawk)

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:44 am

Post scouting reports on Kansas(hawk) here.
    Jaredlib
    Jaredlib

Kansas (Hawk) Empty Re: Kansas (Hawk)

Post by Jaredlib on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Kansas is a weird team to play because on paper it looks like you should demolish them but then you find yourself at halftime down 14-0, wondering, what the fuck is going on?

Only a C team but one thing I knew even before the game started is has collective above average team speed on defense and can fly to the ball. I threw three really bad passes into good coverage and they got picked like they should, I couldn't get past his defenders deep they were on top of my shit. Blitzed quite a bit, think I saw some safety and CB blitzes more so than traditional LB blitzes, was caught unprepared a number of times and if a guy made it through unblocked I was dead. controls the MLB and does a good job of it, do not test him too much is not easy to get a ball past. Generally did a really good job keeping guys over the top for the deep ball.

On offense he will only really attack you vertically if he sees no safeties over the top, so be careful, make sure you have a guy in there or a play called that can cover the LOS to the end zone or else you might get burned. Came out in a lot of heavy type formations, 1 WR type stuff, offbalance with 2 TEs one side, a FB on the other, mixed up where the ball was going, has a back that can bounce it out if the blocking is there. He was up two scores most of the game so the run was his priority, which it should be.

Always has been one of the best users on the sticks in the dynasty.

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Kansas is a tough team and play way above thier ratings. Hawk is a beast on the sticks, on punt returns he can burn you if you not careful. On offense he ran alot of power formations were he could pound you with his backs. His QB is good until he gets rattled then he throws bad passes. But if you miss a tackle he going to take it to the house. On defense he controls the MLB and will punish you if you aint good on the sticks. He ran some weird looking stuff on defense the confused me like crazy. But he mixes up very well to the point where you dont know if he is blitzing or dropping back. Scary this is Kansas is a C overall team but plays like a B imagine what he would be like as a B team that plays like a A...... Sweat
    TheWeatherMan
    TheWeatherMan

Post by TheWeatherMan on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:51 am

My DBs made a lot of plays so its hard to truly gauge how effective his passing offense is. He drove the ball more than I did and had a lot of yards but turnovers did him in. On offense he would run from the heavy formations like others have said, also came out in pistol and liked the WR mid screen and dive/counter from spread WR. Speed sweep play seemed to go the left mostly, get ready to follow that motioning wing back. Made good reads and started moving the ball against cover 3 but his QB was very inaccurate.

Defensively would sell out on the run once I had success running it so look for a PA pass or a pass out of a heavy set to catch him in a blitz. Came out in a number of fronts and formations, mixed it up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2019 2:42 am