GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
GWORLD74
QuakerSteakAndNoob
OrganizedChaos
GenoP
8 posters

New Commissioner

GenoP
    GenoP

New Commissioner Empty New Commissioner

Post by GenoP Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:24 pm

In case you guys haven't noticed. Urb has transferred his commissioner duties over to me. I am hoping that Urb sticks around in the league to keep the Dolphins a playoff contender.

I want to let you guys know that I am not going to let this league die and I really hope all of you guys stick around for next season. I have 1-5 potential owners that could join for next season. Already have a new Cardinals owner and he may also have a buddy to join. May get 2 new owners today Smile Hopefully we can get this league back into the upper 20's in members.

I'm going to make a couple of changes. I'm going to put more stress on the sim part of this league. I'm going to crack down on the inflated scores and stats. It is a turn off for new members to come in and see multiple scores each week in the 60's-80's. I am going to make a few minor changes to the CPU sliders to make it a little more difficult, but not too hard for some of the less skilled players. I am also going to cut the playclock 5 seconds to help limit the scores and stats. (These changes will be made to start next season.)

I would also like to know what you guys thought about preseason. Seems like the majority of guys in this league don't care for preseason at all so instead of the 24 hours advances... I was thinking about changing it to 12 hour advances with no injuries. This will allow people to at least make their cuts and not have to worry about their roster being injured if their games get simmed.

Give me some feedback.. you like it, hate it, don't care? I will listen to any suggestions.

OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

New Commissioner Empty Re: New Commissioner

Post by OrganizedChaos Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:38 pm

How do you plan to crack down for on "inflated stats?" Everyone plays their own type of game plan and I think this could become a sticky topic.
    GenoP
    GenoP

Post by GenoP Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Basically putting up ridiculous stats when it's not necessary isn't going to fly. I am just asking the league to try to limit their scoring and stats to get more sim results. I'm going to take everything into account. I will look at the boxscores before anything is done... just want to limit the number of the scores that are 50+.

Not trying to go Hitler here.. just want to help the league be a little more sim. Believe it or not, the extremely high scores turn some people away.
    GenoP
    GenoP

Post by GenoP Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Got a new Panthers owner as well!
    QuakerSteakAndNoob
    QuakerSteakAndNoob

Post by QuakerSteakAndNoob Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 pm

I like raising cpu difficulty a little, but do not want to shorten preseason.... although most are ready to get out there with their new guys some people still are makings moves and scheming, especially new players, so even though the games may not be worth a ton, 12 hours is too short for people limited by work that would like to play their games or make moves.... i would be all for cutting length of quarters in preseason to get them done and hopefully have less injuries....
    GWORLD74
    GWORLD74

Post by GWORLD74 Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Sup commish. Good luck with the crackdown. Lol
    Shooter
    Shooter

Post by Shooter Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Like.
    GenoP
    GenoP

Post by GenoP Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Alright, the preseason idea is still up for discussion. Just trying to see what everyone thought.
    x--Nike
    x--Nike

Post by x--Nike Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Agree 100% , seemed to me for a "sim" league their were alot of unsim stats last year more then a couple of occasions, anyone else who dosen't like this dosent belong in a "sim" league, also on cpu games im recommending only outscoring the CPU by 30,depending on the Settings of course,penalties will be set out on certain players on the respective teams potentional suspensions maybe? Let me know your opinions..
    Bossman
    Bossman

Post by Bossman Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:26 am

Definitely like the direction you're steering this league, realistic scores and stats will make the league more attractive. Agree with quakerstakeandnoob on his thoughts about the preseason, 24 hours seems like the shortest possible advance time unfortunately bcz some people have late shifts. It sounds like you're going to make this into a very enjoyable league. Very excited to start this next season. Shit happens
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:32 am

i had like 70 ints last yr, and i had a bunch of ints for 6....... i cant not score, in the 3rd and 4th, i kick fg's to try to make it as realistic as i can. I ran for like 4000 yards cause i didnt want to rake up a bunch of passing yards......

BUT IF I HAVE A PIC 6 CHANCE and im up 90 - 0, im still scoring...

And honestly, the reason y the scores are ridiculous is cause of cpu games....

I'll use my self as in example

my whole division is gone.... not my fault i average 11 ints against the cpu a game

u can look at my game stats, i throw for maybe 250 to 350, and run the rest of the game, but ill score 70 + .... thats all defense, not much i can do.. You dont like it, lower the game time. Im not gonna sit for an hr, and just run clock. I play to enjoy the game, not to go up 42 - 3, and run the clock for 3 qtrs. Just not that patient personally.
    GenoP
    GenoP

Post by GenoP Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:47 am

I hear ya Joey. I said I would take everything into account... defensive touchdowns would obviously be figured in. Hopefully with the co-operation of everyone in the league, cutting the playclock down to 20, and bumping CPU sliders up a little bit we can get better results. Better results will help make the league more appealing to more players and the more players, the less CPU games.
    Bossman
    Bossman

Post by Bossman Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 pm

CPU sliders should probably be bumped up quite a bit if that's happening. For the new people, the easiest way to learn something is to get thrown right into it. They'll get better if they truly want to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 pm