GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
noflyzone27
Bnew10
GenoP
archerbur
GWORLD74
SUHsquad420
getonmylevelho
k15nichols
Eatz
HossboyHoocH
Preacher_jack
russellmorris52
Mr.Slick
Jalen_d
Kingofda334
OrganizedChaos
stoptherun
robgman15
Shooter
dominoslarry
Joker12
Brownsfan23
Aftershock9958
Marco_SNAPS_55
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JoeyJ1203
Sinister
Muckem
splff3000
drew-73-stl
TJ
36 posters

Grinders Discussion Thread

splff3000
    splff3000

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

Post by splff3000 Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:19 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:Dropped INT slider down? Maybe fools should learn to not throw into coverage. I may be wrong, but I'm sure JJ, Pryor, and Tebow (not the most accurate of starting QBs) had some of the lowest INT totals last season. Maybe guys should learn to make smart throws instead of getting away with dropped INTs when they throw it blindly around the field.

Hell, my CBs already drop way too many picks as is. The only real picks I get are under/over thrown passes, seems anytime my guy jumps a route it just bounces off their hands.

That's the exact same shit I said TJ. I guess Hawk feels int's are too high because HIS guys got a lot of picks. I didn't really know sliders were based on the performance of his team, but it is what is I guess. I might need to talk to his "sister" about revoking his PS3 privileges for awhile lol. That'll teach him to fuck with sliders.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Hey guys, please vote in this poll:

https://ncaa.forumotion.com/t1128-hawk-s-trade-status#47465

The sooner you vote, the sooner it can be resolved. Thanks.
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Advanced to week 1 @ 2pm EST.

Don't know how Hawk wants to do the scheduling deadline with the new year on the horizon. My suggestion is to get your game scheduled asap.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:49 pm

In the future can I get a message before I get placed on auto? I don't appreciate booting up for practice only to see that I can't because for some unknown reason, I'm on ap.
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:05 pm

You guys need to approve my trade with hawk, I have no safeties and shooter shredded my secondary. This is bullshit
    Sinister
    Sinister

Post by Sinister Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Organizedchaos wrote:You guys need to approve my trade with hawk, I have no safeties and shooter shredded my secondary. This is bullshit
    lol mfers takin their time,plus waiting on a vote ..good luck chaos
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:01 am

American horror story (or something like that) which episodes r the best? I know u Mfers seen it so lmk
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:36 am

I have no idea how this game fucking works. Come into the game against Hawk with most of my team on cold streaks and my guys play tough in the first half. The 2nd half (mainly the 4th qtr) my guys (mainly pryor) just lose their mind lol. Pryor throws 4 picks (1 real good play by berry, 1 my fault, and 2 just horrible passes) in the 4th qtr and pretty much hands him the game. For 4 straight series, literally every time I threw the ball it was intercepted lol. So I figure this shit is happening because of the cold streak. I go look after the game and this mfer aint on a cold streak anymore. WTF? So this mfer comes into the preseason with a cold streak that he got from the playoffs last year (Yeah I know that's retarded that hot/cold streaks last through offseason), hardly plays at all in preseason and comes into week 1 cold, plays like shit in week 1 and really deserves a cold streak, but now it's gone lol. LMAO this game is retarded lol.

Hawk's QB was retarded too lol. He was throwing the ball all over the place. Some of those passes were just horrible. I'm pretty sure that's why Hawk lowered the int's lol. That and cause he user picks all his int's so it doesn't affect him, meanwhile my guys are dropping int's left and right. Other than one spectacular int right before half, my guys had brick hands lol. So he can take his shitty Qb and throw it all around the yard with no consequences cause your guys won't intercept on their own lol. I was wondering why, after 2 full seasons, Hawk just decides to lower int's out of the blue. No one was complaining about int's, but he lowers them anyway. After watching his QB play now I know lol.
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Hey splff check the consistency ratings on your qbs. Rg3 had some crazy stretches last yr too. He had 0 for consistency. I'd start there. Also he played shitty in the rain
    Jalen_d

Post by Jalen_d Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Hey guys.. I'm just putting this out there but I feel these games are too long. Especially when you play against teams that pass the ball alot. What do you guys think?
    Kingofda334
    Kingofda334

Post by Kingofda334 Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:31 pm

yea i agree when ppl pass alot the games do last a long time
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:33 pm

Crank the INT sliders back up and see if people will start running more Waytogo

I agree the games can be long at times, some zip by quick but passing exhibitions will drag it out.
    Aftershock9958
    Aftershock9958

Post by Aftershock9958 Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Four more games to go, lets goooo
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Come on fellas lets get these games in!!!!!
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Thanks for advancing yesterday Splff.

Scheduling Deadline: 10:00 PM CT Sunday (Tonight)

Advance Deadline: 10:00 PM CT Tuesday
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Organizedchaos wrote:Hey splff check the consistency ratings on your qbs. Rg3 had some crazy stretches last yr too. He had 0 for consistency. I'd start there. Also he played shitty in the rain

He has level 2 consistency Chaos. Thanks for the input tho. I think I'm just destined to lose to hawk forever lol.
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:26 pm

Maybe hawk asks the league next time like he suppose to do, or maybe he wont and just change shit to his favor
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:32 pm

splff3000 wrote:
    Organizedchaos wrote:Hey splff check the consistency ratings on your qbs. Rg3 had some crazy stretches last yr too. He had 0 for consistency. I'd start there. Also he played shitty in the rain

He has level 2 consistency Chaos. Thanks for the input tho. I think I'm just destined to lose to hawk forever lol.

I feel u splff I only beat hawk once n that's when he let me win u.u
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Joey, make room for Houston.

Shock, I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to practice this week, that's my bad, I forgot to have splff take you off auto before he advanced. I autoed you because yung couldn't get a hold of you to play your week 4 preseason game.

Splff, and everyone else concerned with my PS3/trade status, at the moment, I am still unsure what is going to happen with my PS3. I have looked for any places in Topeka or Manhattan (the closest larger communities to me) who repair PS3s and haven't found any yet; I'll make some phone calls here in the next few days to try and see if anyone does PS3 repair and how much that will cost. If I can get it repaired relatively cheap (less than $60) then I will, otherwise, I'm not sure. Until that time, I will be using my sister's PS3 to play my games etc. so I'll still be here. I was previously under the impression that she was planning to take her PS3 with her to college, but now she doesn't think she is going to (she feels her 19-inch TV is too small a display for the PS3). Therefore, regardless of what happens with my PS3/job situation, it appears that I'll be able to stick around, albeit with limited availability of the PS3 (at least until she goes back to school or mine gets fixed).

Now that we have that out of the way, I really don't understand the mindset of most of you. For one, I had everything I just posted figured out Friday night but just hadn't explained it all on here yet because I had a lot of shit going on. I worked out my deal with Chaos once I realized I was most likely going to be able to work it out to stay in the league. I have a question for all of you, when have I ever made a decision to better myself or my team at the expense of the league? When have I ever jeopardized the league's integrity for personal gain? I know you guys didn't know the updated status but a simple text to me asking, "Has your situation changed? Are you going to be around now? J/W before I approve your trade" would've received a "Yes" from me and we could've avoided all of this. I didn't have the time yesterday to address the situation but I would've appreciated the benefit of the doubt from SOMEBODY, when I give that same courtesy to everybody.

Secondly, even if I were to leave, because my sister to changes her mind or whatever the case may be, as has previously been pointed out, I don't understand the rejection of this particular trade. I am apparently getting too much in this trade (Which I strongly disagree with; it was a difficult for me to even agree to this one because I value Seawood so highly. This is exactly why the trade committee has no business being concerned with the "fairness" of a trade; value is always subjective) but the value is in future picks which would just make the Chiefs more attractive to a new user. I understand we want to stay consistent and set a precedent for the future that if there is a decent chance someone may leave soon, they are unable to trade until it is decided. I still just am somewhat baffled that nobody thought to ask me. Any of our long-term users who said they might be leaving, but then made a big-time trade, the first thing I would think of is "Did something change? Are they going to stick around now?" And I would ask them that first thing before I decided on my vote. Anyways, sorry for my rant here.

Splff, I would appreciate it if you would stop being a douche. You keep spouting off stupid shit. First of all, claiming that I made the adjustments to the INT slider based solely upon my feelings about my team because I used my team as an example in the chatbox the other night and then your idiotic comment about me doing it because my QB sucks. Fuck you, and stop trying to make me look like a terrible leader. Again, when have I ever made a decision based solely upon what I have seen in my own games?

How long have we been in leagues together? Any time I ever make or suggest a slider change like this, it is based upon statistics. Not statistics just from my team, but from the entire league. There were teams with over 60 interceptions last season if I'm not mistaken. The first season I led the league in interceptions with 57 with a few other teams close, last year, I toned the INTs down from 55 to 50 (fuck your comment about having them the same for the first two seasons and then changing it this year) partly because of the insane INT numbers and partly because the patch increased the effectiveness of the sliders. This past season I was in the top 5 for INTs with over 50 again (This is what I mentioned in the chatbox and splff took to be my entire reasoning for dropping INTs). I am not on the PS3 at the moment to check but I know the single-season INT record of 14 was just shattered last year (by multiple people I believe). The NFL last season (IRL) had a team medium of 16 interceptions on the year with the Packers having by far the most with 31. I know we are not going to get down to realistic numbers because there are just too many bad passes and lowering the INT slider down far enough to get truly realistic numbers would make passing completely unstoppable and it just wouldn't be a fun game.

That said however, I want to tone them down a little bit. Multiple teams over 50 with the league average being higher than the real life maximum is just ridiculous. As far as myself, to claim that I would want to do it to benefit my team or whatever is asinine, anybody who plays me a lot (as splff should know) knows that I am a run first team who doesn't throw many interceptions because I don't pass a lot. I have played with crappy ass QB Josh Johnson the past two seasons and have had among the fewest INTs in the league. With as many INTs as I get and as few as I throw, lowering the INTs actually hurts my team. WHEN I MAKE A CHANGE, I DON'T DO IT TO BENEFIT MYSELF.

And Seawood may not be the best FS I have according to your scheme. But what the fuck are you even spouting your stupid ass bullshit for anyway? Seawood is the best FS in my scheme, and might be in someone elses. But what does that even fucking matter? Would you rather have Kendrick Lewis than Lamel Seawood? Lewis is good but he is 5 years older, slower in every way, less hit power, more injury prone, and much lower development. What the fuck are you doing trying to evaluate and possibly dissuade someone from making a trade based on your idiotic value assessment? Seawood was a mid-1st round pick who I feel was a steal even there. The guy is a complete monster and will probably be the best FS in the game 3 seasons from now for the rest of the CC. The trade committee has no god damn business evaluating value and the "fairness" of a trade. It is all subjective. We have a committee to prevent someone from fucking THEMSELVES over and then leaving.

Again, sorry for my rant guys. We have only a few games left, let's get them in and get on to week 2. Let's have a good season!
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:54 pm

JoeyJ1203 wrote:Maybe hawk asks the league next time like he suppose to do, or maybe he wont and just change shit to his favor
    Yeah, fuck you too Joey.
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Amen hawk.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:47 pm

jhawk886 wrote: I know we are not going to get down to realistic numbers because there are just too many bad passes and lowering the INT slider down far enough to get truly realistic numbers would make passing completely unstoppable and it just wouldn't be a fun game.

So award the idiots who throw to covered WR's 20 times a game. The reason INTs are so high is 80% due to bad decisions.

When I see a team run under 10 times a game and have a ton of INTs it's their own damn fault, not a slider issue.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:54 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:
    jhawk886 wrote: I know we are not going to get down to realistic numbers because there are just too many bad passes and lowering the INT slider down far enough to get truly realistic numbers would make passing completely unstoppable and it just wouldn't be a fun game.

So award the idiots who throw to covered WR's 20 times a game. The reason INTs are so high is 80% due to bad decisions.

When I see a team run under 10 times a game and have a ton of INTs it's their own damn fault, not a slider issue.
    Through 12 games this week, we already have 55 interceptions thrown. That's an average of 4.58 per game. I don't think we're going to have a shortage of interceptions thrown. The vast majority of bad passes will still be INTs.
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Hawk fuck u, ur talking about trading evaluation and using opinions, explain to me where u got houston is worth only a 2nd round pick

Get the fuck out of here wit ur bull shit rant

U ruined this league neways, people all losin interest cause the way u treat this league. Im in this league to have fun, and honestly, all uve done is taken that away from me. So fuck u, and im playin to play i dont give a fuck wat u think or ne of that, guess wat i won 62 7 yesterday fuck u i just dnt care no more
    Kingofda334
    Kingofda334

Post by Kingofda334 Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:02 pm

yea i agree all my picks have been due to me throwing to covered guys i dont think its a slider issue. If you throw alot you gonna throw a fair share of ints because most good users will adjust to whats going on

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:24 am