GRINDERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
noflyzone27
Bnew10
GenoP
archerbur
GWORLD74
SUHsquad420
getonmylevelho
k15nichols
Eatz
HossboyHoocH
Preacher_jack
russellmorris52
Mr.Slick
Jalen_d
Kingofda334
OrganizedChaos
stoptherun
robgman15
Shooter
dominoslarry
Joker12
Brownsfan23
Aftershock9958
Marco_SNAPS_55
Dolfinley
jhawk886
JoeyJ1203
Sinister
Muckem
splff3000
drew-73-stl
TJ
36 posters

Grinders Discussion Thread

stoptherun
    stoptherun

Grinders Discussion Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Grinders Discussion Thread

Post by stoptherun Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:15 pm

That shit that happened with josh johnson in season 1 had me wantin to punch somebody in the face it was so unfair.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:22 pm

stoptherun wrote:That shit that happened with josh johnson in season 1 had me wantin to punch somebody in the face it was so unfair.
    I think you are either just bitching to bitch or your memory is going. I placed a bid for JJ at 5:03, you placed a bid for somebody else at 5:06, FA ended at 5:08 with you never bidding again on JJ...
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Ok 3 things hawk:

First, you never specified whether "noonish" was cst or est. It seems kinda retarded to use CST when you name 1 time and EST when you name another if you don't specify which time zone your using each time.

Second, your post and the fa bidding was in 2 different threads. I wasn't concerned with the discussion thread at that time. I had the time that fa bidding was ending(or so I thought) and was just taking a quick look to make sure I was still tops in all my bids.

Third, if the deadline for 1 player goes on forever it doesn't affect anyone but the 2 morons that won't make a max bid on a player. I don't see why you would be against extending hte deadline for any player with a late bid. It's not like it's any more work for you or for anyone else except the 2 guys that are bidding on that player and the best part about it is: IT'S FAIR!!!!
    Brownsfan23
    Brownsfan23

Post by Brownsfan23 Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Hooch, I messaged you on PSN, let me know what time works best for you today
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Nah thats not how it went down. Splff said it would end a a certain time then did a 180 and said "imma extend it a bit so everybody can get their bid in" and then ended it as i was scrambling to see if anybody outbid me. Of course hawk made a bid after the proposed deadline that i never got a chance to match. It was bush.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:44 pm

I dropped Brandon Llyod.

Looking back on it, I apologize Stop. I should have never followed the rules and use all the allotted bidding points. I should have thought more about who I may end up butt-hurting than about what players I could use my remaining points on to help my team out. But now I see things more clearly and notice the errors of my ways.

I think I'll also make an effort to lose all my user games this year, since some guys seem to be upset when they lose as well. Don't want to hurt anyone else's feelings. Waytogo
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:04 pm

tmjohns18 wrote:I dropped Brandon Llyod.

Looking back on it, I apologize Stop. I should have never followed the rules and use all the allotted bidding points. I should have thought more about who I may end up butt-hurting than about what players I could use my remaining points on to help my team out. But now I see things more clearly and notice the errors of my ways.

I think I'll also make an effort to lose all my user games this year, since some guys seem to be upset when they lose as well. Don't want to hurt anyone else's feelings. Waytogo

Lol u ain't gotta drop him tj u signed him fair and square. My beef ain't with u it's with the system. I believe it should b one set time not just whenever the commish decides his bidding is straight and ready to go.

I was just joking with u bro. Thanks again for ur work on FA it was awesome.
    Preacher_jack

Post by Preacher_jack Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Might I suggest a possible solution. This is by no means a full proof solution.

After the draft, teams make a one time silent bid on the player or players they choose using their 10 points(maybe this number would have to change). You only get to make one bid on a player but no one else gets to see it except whoever is running the FA bidding period, in this case TMJohns. Whoever has the highest bid submitted after a predetermined amount of time gets the player. Now, it would get tricky with the players that Tj would want to bid on so maybe he would have to defer to 2nd in command for the players he was interested in and make it known that bids for these players must be submitted to said 2nd in command.

Maybe not the full solution, but might be a little easier to monitor than the current system. Plus you would have to use more strategy when placing your then just going over the top of someone.
    stoptherun
    stoptherun

Post by stoptherun Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:19 pm

The preacher has spoken. I think he's onto something.
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:58 am

Preacher_jack wrote:Might I suggest a possible solution. This is by no means a full proof solution.

After the draft, teams make a one time silent bid on the player or players they choose using their 10 points(maybe this number would have to change). You only get to make one bid on a player but no one else gets to see it except whoever is running the FA bidding period, in this case TMJohns. Whoever has the highest bid submitted after a predetermined amount of time gets the player. Now, it would get tricky with the players that Tj would want to bid on so maybe he would have to defer to 2nd in command for the players he was interested in and make it known that bids for these players must be submitted to said 2nd in command.

Maybe not the full solution, but might be a little easier to monitor than the current system. Plus you would have to use more strategy when placing your then just going over the top of someone.
    See, this is what I like. Constructive attempts at new ideas. I like it preacher. I think we will probably use some form of this suggestion in the future. Good work. Keep the ideas coming man.
    Muckem
    Muckem

Post by Muckem Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:07 am

While it is an imperfect system it isn't that flawed.

I do think we should have a set ending time, and if you aren't able to make a bid at closin time you need to make sure that you have your max bid in already.
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:43 am

fa bidding manually is stupid neways
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:50 am

Went to go sign webster and hes on the ravens ...
    SUHsquad420
    SUHsquad420

Post by SUHsquad420 Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:18 am

What, I'm lookin at some stats from the old owner for the last couple seasons. The last guy threw 14TD 44INT with sam bradford last year!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaat. That's ridiculous
    Dolfinley
    Dolfinley
    Admin

Post by Dolfinley Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:19 am

It was the CPU. CPU sucks....obviously
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:32 am

JoeyJ1203 wrote:Went to go sign webster and hes on the ravens ...

CPU lol, I'm sure Hawk can drop him for you. But you don't like the bidding process, so why not let Webster go to the first team that picks him up after he's dropped.
    Preacher_jack

Post by Preacher_jack Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:44 am

so bidding is over. is it first come first serve with FAs now to fill out my roster.
    TJ
    TJ

Post by TJ Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 am

yes
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Hawk, have you made any adjustments to the injury slider? In my 2 preseason games, my boys been getting their ass knocked off. in my first one, a bunch of mfers got hurt for a few quarters or the game and Maeweather got knocked out for 3 weeks. This last game, I had 7 mfers get hurt at one time or another. Marcel Reece and my backup to the backup rb got hurt for multiple weeks. I'm not asking you to change the slider or anything I was just wondering had you changed something. Maybe its cause I played the CPU both weeks and they got it out for me lol.

On a slightly different note, man that Texans squad is fucking loaded. I had to play the cpu like I was playing a user ........a good one too. Damn, them boys are tough. They were knocking my guys out of the game left and right lol. Then again this is the CPU and the mfers coulda just buzzsawed me. I don't know but that shit sure didn't feel like a preseason game lol.
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:02 pm

Hey guys I got a new phone so to contact me its 915-694-4226
    jhawk886
    jhawk886

Post by jhawk886 Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:20 am

Looks as if I'm going to have to be leaving boys... I was playing my game earlier today and it froze on me. I tried to turn it off and it wouldn't so I had to turn it off with the back switch (I have a fat PS3). I tried to play again about an hour ago but it wouldn't read the disc. I've been messing with it since then to no avail. No games are reading. I tried restoring the system but no luck.

So, it appears I shall be leaving unfortunately. I'll get on my sister's PS3 tomorrow and transfer the league over to splff. It's been great playing with all of you and I hope sometime in the future I may be able to get a new system and play with you again, whether in this madden or another.

Thanks again guys for being great members. Keep it up for splff and I'll catch you all later. I'll try to come around every once in a while to see how things are going. Good luck guys!
    Marco_SNAPS_55
    Marco_SNAPS_55

Post by Marco_SNAPS_55 Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:46 am

Wow u.u now we need to deal with splffs ass again
    JoeyJ1203

Post by JoeyJ1203 Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:19 am

Lol
    OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos

Post by OrganizedChaos Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:47 am

This really sucks, Hawk you better get a new fucking PS3 like...tomorrow
    splff3000
    splff3000

Post by splff3000 Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:55 am

Lmfao, ain't shit wrong with hawks PS3. He's just tired of dealing with you mfers. It takes a special man, like myself to deal with you mfers on a regular basis. FYI Hawk, its not that expensive to get that shit fixed. Hell, nowadays you could find a used PS3 on Craigslist or eBay for practically shit lol. I don't think you want to tho. This is Errig all over again lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:22 am